Crime California Teen sentenced to 8 yrs in prison for gang related hate crime of black student

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Do you guys think the punishment was too harsh, to light? Video of the beating was caught and put online.

Teenager sentenced to 8 years in prison for gang-related hate crime of another student caught on tape
A California teenager has been sentenced to eight years in prison for a gang-affiliated hate crime assault on another student, according to the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office.

blancas1-ht-ml-191022_hpMain_v12x5_4x3_992.jpg

Bryan Blancas, 19, of Long Beach, California confronted another student, an unnamed 17-year-old African-American male, along with two of his friends on May 15. But when the student tried to flee Blancas allegedly knocked the boy to the ground and began “punching and kicking him multiple times in the head, face and torso,” according to prosecutors.

Blancas was arrested 6 days later but plead no contest yesterday to one felony count of assault by means of force likely to produce great bodily injury as well as admitting that his crime was racially motivated with the intent to benefit a criminal street gang.

Blancas faced a possible maximum sentence of life in prison plus an additional 17 years in state prison. His bail was set at $1,155,000 at the time of his arrest.

Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Daniel Lowenthal sentenced Blancas to eight years in state prison instead.

The entire attack was captured on video by a bystander and then posted to social media which led to anger from many parents at the school who then demanded that school district officials take action, according to the Long Beach Press Telegram.

The two other teen suspects were allegedly booked at Los Padrinos Juvenile Hall on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon.

Blancas was arrested 6 days later but plead no contest yesterday to one felony count of assault by means of force likely to produce great bodily injury as well as admitting that his crime was racially motivated with the intent to benefit a criminal street gang
I wanted to say this was excessive and seems like young men doing what sometimes young men just gotta do but

If this guy really admitted all of this then... its hard to feel sorry. Fucking moron

pretty cowardly but if that's a hate crime then every other fight in L.A. is a hate crime now days

gangs are the single biggest threat to national security.
the latino gangs, MS13, gangs from south america.
SAE gangs from Laos, etc.
surprised the asshole got any time at all the way the PC narrative views 'cultural differences.'
hope he gets murdered in jail.

I don’t like the concept of “hate crimes.” It elevates the status of one group over another. I don’t mind this guy getting a harsh sentence though.

Bryan Blancas, 19, of Long Beach, California confronted another student, an unnamed 17-year-old African-American male, along with two of his friends on May 15. But when the student tried to flee Blancas allegedly knocked the boy to the ground and began “punching and kicking him multiple times in the head, face and torso,” according to prosecutors.

Can't argue with eight years just based on this.

Seems excessive. Hate crime laws are dumb. Motivation shouldn't matter. Thought crimes are dumb.

The boy was left with cuts, bruises and a torn eardrum, his mother, Rasheena McCord, told KTLA. She said her son is a special needs student.
Link

If you beat up a special needs person, the punishment should be harsh. This isn’t enough in my opinion.
The attackers are cowards.
The worst part is he’ll join a real gang in prison and once he gets out he’ll commit even worse crimes.
And why is a 19 year old still in high school?

Eight years is a long time for kicking the shit out of someone but about right. A friend from church served seven for assault in which the victim was badly injured. Life seems too long to me.

Link

If you beat up a special needs person, the punishment should be harsh. This isn’t enough in my opinion.
The attackers are cowards.
The worst part is he’ll join a real gang in prison and once he gets out he’ll commit even worse crimes.
And why is a 19 year old still in high school?
probably was held back a year?

Eight years is a long time for kicking the shit out of someone but about right. A friend from church served seven for assault in which the victim was badly injured. Life seems too long to me.

The victim is special needs, that's why the sentence is harsher.

I remember this from when it happened. Like in baseball, black people are losing numbers here in LA.

3 on 1 is not a fight

You've never heard of people getting jumped before?

Back