California Teacher Kicks Student Out Of Class For Wearing A NRA Shirt

A lot of schools ban their students from wearing clothes that have any kind of controversial message. I'd be OK with it as long as they did the same if a student showed up with say a BLM t-shirt. But let's be real, they're probably hypocrites.

A lot of schools ban their students from wearing clothes that have any kind of controversial message. I'd be OK with it as long as they did the same if a student showed up with say a BLM t-shirt. But let's be real, they're probably hypocrites.

In America you have the right to be a hypocrite.

This is a tricky situation. Kids are legally required to attend school, and it is public property. Free speech rights should be protected provided they aren't harming the other students rights to an education.

In America you have the right to be a hypocrite.
vAs5i5h.gif

This is a tricky situation. Kids are legally required to attend school, and it is public property. Free speech rights should be protected provided they aren't harming the other students rights to an education.

Every school has a handbook and in that handbook there is certainly a dress code that parents agree to.

It's ridiculous that women and men are treated differently in these situations. Women generally hold more power when it comes to sex, so if anything they should be held at a higher standard, if anything a 14yo boy is more vulnerable and less likely to be able to resist the advances of an adult woman than girls in the same situation with their male teachers.

It's ridiculous that women and men are treated differently in these situations. Women generally hold more power when it comes to sex, so if anything they should be held at a higher standard, if anything a 14yo boy is more vulnerable and less likely to be able to resist the advances of an adult woman than girls in the same situation with their male teachers.
Wrong thread.

Someone posted in the wrong tab on their browser.

If the shirts had offensive images on them, I get it. But just having NRA on it would be bullshit.

If the teacher preached to the boys about guns being bad, that’s bullshit too.

The teachers need to stick to their curriculum and leave the social issues the the students parents.

I got kicked out of class once for wearing an Austin 3:16 shirt when I was in middle school. The teach told me the shirt was inappropriate because it had a skull on it. I told them her cross necklace was in appropriate. Still had to turn my shirt inside out, while she got to keep wearing her necklace.:mad:

I think it's a bit pathetic and disingenuous to try and compare those two beliefs as equal.

Stone Cold is way more badass and appropriate for school than Jesus <3>

See this is the kind of reaction that makes those shirts so cool to a fifteen year old. It drives people to the extreme, kids feed off that, and use those kinds of behaviors to equalize the power imbalences inherant in the adult child dynamic. Your outrage is the infastruture for their counter-culture.

Think about it man: A MAGA hat can drive a fully grown adult male to take drink and splash it in the face of a 17 year old, and a NRA t-shirt turns a teachers head out to the point that ity becomes a news item. Thats alot of power to give to a child. If you can dress up as chick and use the chicks bathroom and everyone is compelled to suspend their belief suystem and subvert thier world view to play along, then whats wrong with a friggin t-shirt?

You can't make it this easy for them.
I'm not upset about the T-shirt. I don't give a rat's ass. I care that rightwing victim culture is trying to turn this into a story. The only reason this is a news item is because of the perpetual victim campaign being run by the rightwing in America.

Being dismissive of that complaint means nothing in relation to the shirt itself. I'm saying, "fuck those people" for acting like this is a big deal. It's not a big deal, and it shouldn't even be a news story.

California sounds like a bunch of hypersensitive pussies.

If the shirts had offensive images on them, I get it. But just having NRA on it would be bullshit.

If the teacher preached to the boys about guns being bad, that’s bullshit too.

The teachers need to stick to their curriculum and leave the social issues the the students parents.

I don't think it's unreasonable for there not to be any shirts with political messages in a high school class room.

NRA is clearly a political organization.

That's exactly what teachers are doing here. They're trying to keep politics out of the class room and focus on the curriculum.

I'm not upset about the T-shirt. I don't give a rat's ass. I care that rightwing victim culture is trying to turn this into a story. The only reason this is a news item is because of the perpetual victim campaign being run by the rightwing in America.

Being dismissive of that complaint means nothing in relation to the shirt itself. I'm saying, "fuck those people" for acting like this is a big deal. It's not a big deal, and it shouldn't even be a news story.

oh.

well apologies then.

This is why I don't fuck with gun threads. Airball after airball smh

I got kicked out of class once for wearing an Austin 3:16 shirt when I was in middle school. The teach told me the shirt was inappropriate because it had a skull on it. I told them her cross necklace was in appropriate. Still had to turn my shirt inside out, while she got to keep wearing her necklace.:mad:

Had a good friend in Highschool, with diagnosed dyslexia and a class clown persona, get into a 15 minute argument with a teacher over his Guiness shirt he claimed said Genius

Poor teacher was at such a loss because she couldn't quite fully call him out on being a shit because he had legit dyslexia lol

Last edited:
Back