California secessionist group gains key approval to go ahead with referendum. Possible vote in 2021

@Captain Davis How do you think Southerners would respond to a Democratic candidate that vocally supported the re-secession of the former confederacy? As in if Joe Biden ran on a platform of "i won't stand in your way if you want to secede."

It's not realistic but it's hard not to daydream of how awesome it would be to not have those shit states in the country holding it back with constant mooching and electoral sabotage.

I think we are heading on that track. I envision Trump winning election night all the states he did before except losing Arizona and picking up Minnesota. Republicans saying election night results are what matters, and a crisis evolves. Trump wins electoral college but losses popular vote, again and additional ballots are stopped. Then the electoral college and Republicans manage to change it and Trump is awarded the election win and sworn in. I expect Dems to win the House by a few more seats or 10 or so.

So we will have a divided government again, and Trump and GOP to redistrict to their advantage. Calls of rigging by the right, and calls by the left or voter suppression of mail in ballots or whatever shaddy stuff Barrs DOJ may do on election night.

I imagine the calls for secession will reign louder if this happens. And to be honest I dont see how this doesnt happen. The GOP had the chance to remove Trump and they didnt, I expect the Senate Republicans to lose Arizona and maybe Maine but pick up Alabama, Minnesota and Michigan. For 55 seats. They and the state legislatures will support Trumps call on electoral college changes in swing states or whatever.

That Atlantic article is likely a prophetic vision. I didnt know the GOP has those tools in their arsenal.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/11/what-if-trump-refuses-concede/616424/

California is the perfect example of what will happen to this country if democrat scum manage to regain power. Lowlife leftard liberal terrorist supporting extremist scum are fucking mentally handicapped.

Lol.

No, what would happen is all the rich investors would flee the state.

Up until the Quebec separation referendum in Canada, Montreal was the big financial and business hub.

As soon as the referendum happened all of them picked up and went to Toronto, transforming Toronto into Canada's New York.

It never works out the way separatists think.

No separatists often get what they want. The UK separated from EU and largely has been fine and will be fine. Ireland leaving the UK. The Balkans project (one can debate). The USSR collapse was bad and only the baltics are better than before. Everyone else its debatable though there is more overseas wealth in Russua now and an elite class.

Not so cut and dry

@Captain Davis How do you think Southerners would respond to a Democratic candidate that vocally supported the re-secession of the former confederacy? As in if Joe Biden ran on a platform of "i won't stand in your way if you want to secede."

It's not realistic but it's hard not to daydream of how awesome it would be to not have those shit states in the country holding it back with constant mooching and electoral sabotage.
What’s interesting is that many Northern states had the same attitude in 1860.

What would be really interesting is how the legal process would unfold. Secession has never been put on trial. The secession of 1860 was decided on the battlefield, not in the courtroom. I agree that secession would be shot down because there is just too much money involved. Also, any legitimacy to secession would lead to justification of the Confederacy. I would love to see the legal arguments brought to the table in a trial though.

The federal government doesn't rely upon taxes collected to determine it's spending. States are different though in that they can only borrow so much.

Sounds arrogant. I doubt the federal government would allow California to leave the union without a fight.
The Confederacy called. Any threat to the United States conquest will certainly be met with a fight.

I am all for this. As long as the Californians stop moving here and telling us how we do everything wrong and how much better California is. Btw I do like to visit Cali. Just would never live there. Too many people.

The Confederacy called. Any threat to the United States conquest will certainly be met with a fight.

hopefully it doesn't come to fighting, but I can imagine California having an advantage over what the Confederacy had. In the north I believe it was around 20% of the soldier that fought for the union were recent immigrants from Europe. The confederacy was not only fighting the north but also fighting against European countries.

If California was able to keep their border with Mexico open imagine the rest of the US looking to keep the union whole would not only be fighting against California but people from central and south America too. Of course though warfare today is much different than warfare in the past.

I would love for this to happen. We need a wall to keep them away from real Americans though.

hopefully it doesn't come to fighting, but I can imagine California having an advantage over what the Confederacy had. In the north I believe it was around 20% of the soldier that fought for the union were recent immigrants from Europe. The confederacy was not only fighting the north but also fighting against European countries.

If California was able to keep their border with Mexico open imagine the rest of the US looking to keep the union whole would not only be fighting against California but people from central and south America too. Of course though warfare today is much different than warfare in the past.
It won’t come to physical warfare. People today aren’t committed enough to risk everything to secede.

the only possibility of war would be a threat to our constitutional republic and Capitalism. Also abolishment of the 2nd Amendment would be a big problem with most Americans.

Americans today are too comfortable and apathetic to risk their lives over ideology. However, I know myself along with everyone I know, would be willing to fight over threats to our freedom.

And if they succeed, they’ll be gassing their own ppl by 2022 and humanitarian military intervention will be needed

California is the perfect example of what will happen to this country if democrat scum manage to regain power. Lowlife leftard liberal terrorist supporting extremist scum are fucking mentally handicapped.
Yeah, California has always been kind of a foreteller of things to come.
Out of control illegal immigration, homelessness, drugs. riots, out of control property values, extreme wealth division.

The smug child fucker supporters won't leave. They'd be giving up Senate & Congress seats on the exit. That won't do for the Dems.

It won’t come to physical warfare. People today aren’t committed enough to risk everything to secede.

the only possibility of war would be a threat to our constitutional republic and Capitalism. Also abolishment of the 2nd Amendment would be a big problem with most Americans.

Americans today are too comfortable and apathetic to risk their lives over ideology. However, I know myself along with everyone I know, would be willing to fight over threats to our freedom.
I saw we just do California a favor and kick them out.

Kind of like the Pac. The players were threatening to boycott the season and had a list of 100 demands, and then the Pac just cancelled the season. there was nothing the players could say at that point. they got what they wanted.

I saw we just do California a favor and kick them out.

Kind of like the Pac. The players were threatening to boycott the season and had a list of 100 demands, and then the Pac just cancelled the season. there was nothing the players could say at that point. they got what they wanted.
I’d support California seceding. I believe secession has always been a states right.

all of the discontented Americans can move to the country of California and run it how they please.

That guy telling you to just shut up is a classic example of how smug and arrogant leftist Canadians are.

You are insane for even challenging them.

I have a theory on this. I believe that the left is struggling with the fact that sociopathic behavior is bad, and that all people from all groups exhibit it. Liberals have essentially become a totally sociopathic culture with the narrative that sociopathic behavior is really only common in white males(unless they spread their cheeks like a good leftist).

This is fundamentally incongruent with reality.

So they're scared right now, they've been very abusive to a lot of people, and when the paradigm shift comes, their going to be the bad guys.

They can't afford to give anyone an inch, that's why you see cringeworthy Trudeau and is criminal government continue to drive forward with the opposite land rhetoric.

Back