California secessionist group gains key approval to go ahead with referendum. Possible vote in 2021

tenor.gif

Yeah that one I will never understand. Only would work if you also went with Yukon and Northwest territory, to have ocean access. That´s not to say that there are not a few powerful or rather decently respected landlocked states on earth. Its just usually they seem to be formed by losing a war, or breaking off from a larger oppressive or failing empire and then immediately seek a protector.

Landlocked

ae68eub4mpm21.jpg

Not sure, the GOP wouldnt want them back BUT they are a huge and successful economy and it is laughable when some in the GOP try and say its a failed state. California is a net contributor and benefit to the country, im not so sure that the deep south by the same token is.... Or some fly over states.

Below map is NOMINAL GDP, which I am not the biggest fan of but the point still remains.

2560px-2017_GDP_comparison_by_country_or_US_state.png

The fact that the map actually says "double landlocked lmao" is destroying me right now.

Once the blue states split off its over for you red state losers. You’ll be eating tampons And crackers out of the River once we stop sending you money.

It's disgusting the Civil War robbed states of sovereignty. I'm all for seeing it reclaimed. Association should be voluntary.

From a pacifist or "will of the people" I agree. Even US foreign policy. US has backed secession in other countries when not violent or even violent. Yet the US also is against secession were the people really want it collectively (via foreign policy biases). Around the world there has been regions of sovereign nations that want it like Crimea or Catalonia and the US rejects rhose peoples calls while then allowing South Sudan, horn of africa nations or Kosovo etc to break off larger powers.

Definitely not shady a group from a shadowy guy looking to secede that has no support

It's disgusting the Civil War robbed states of sovereignty. I'm all for seeing it reclaimed. Association should be voluntary.

You’re so radicalized you might as well quit your job and go train in the woods with a couple of guys who took their sisters to the prom.

@Captain Davis How do you think Southerners would respond to a Democratic candidate that vocally supported the re-secession of the former confederacy? As in if Joe Biden ran on a platform of "i won't stand in your way if you want to secede."

It's not realistic but it's hard not to daydream of how awesome it would be to not have those shit states in the country holding it back with constant mooching and electoral sabotage.

Not quite as dumb as the "State of Jefferson" morons, but damn close.

smh, rednecks eh?
I'm in California, you dumb fuck
Lived here since 1973.

Met quite a few Cali Rednecks in my limited time here.... surprisingly so.

And I've been stationed in NC, VA and MI....

This would be amazing. To get rid of California?
You don’t own anything but weather and an annoying attitude.

Would lose so many people too.
Those harbours belong to America. I guess you could fight for them, good luck.

Funny thing is, that from what I've seen being stationed here in SD the past two years and travelling the state: take the greater LA and SF areas out of the picture and the State would probably go red (republican, not commie)

That just goes to show show you how many people are in that area.

States with a smaller population than Los Angeles County
92ajib6aw0001.jpg

_104420040_california8-nc.png

From a pacifist or "will of the people" I agree. Even US foreign policy. US has backed secession in other countries when not violent or even violent. Yet the US also is against secession were the people really want it collectively (via foreign policy biases). Around the world there has been regions of sovereign nations that want it like Crimea or Catalonia and the US rejects rhose peoples calls while then allowing South Sudan, horn of africa nations or Kosovo etc to break off larger powers.

Every American supports a free Hong Kong. But, but, that's different. Hypocrisy on this issue knows no bounds.

You’re so radicalized you might as well quit your job and go train in the woods with a couple of guys who took their sisters to the prom.

Joke's on you. I'm unemployed.

You got a sister?

That's dumb. It's slightly less dumb than Albertans thinking being a land locked nation would be sweet, but it's still dumb.

Alberta's plan hinged on Manitoba, Sask, and BC (sans the GVA) seceding too. That way it had access to the Pacific and Husdon's Bay.

Alberta has a better claim though. The polity in Quebec and Ontario has treat the west like a resource colony since confederation, actively taking steps to weaken it and ensure that it will always he second fiddle. More recently they have brought upon an economic recession to Alberta whilst still taking an outsized slice of the economic gains Alberta has produced.

I'm not a fan of secession personally, but I think the constitution needs revisiting. One major bugbare is how Quebec gets treat like they are superior to every other province, whilst being an economic basketcase, utterly reliant on siphoning the hard work of other people. IMO, any constitutional advantages Quebec has, should be applied to every province. No more special treatment.

Trump would beg the richest state to rejoin.

Lol.

No, what would happen is all the rich investors would flee the state.

Up until the Quebec separation referendum in Canada, Montreal was the big financial and business hub.

As soon as the referendum happened all of them picked up and went to Toronto, transforming Toronto into Canada's New York.

It never works out the way separatists think.

Alberta's plan hinged on Manitoba, Sask, and BC (sans the GVA) seceding too. That way it had access to the Pacific and Husdon's Bay.

Alberta has a better claim though. The polity in Quebec and Ontario has treat the west like a resource colony since confederation, actively taking steps to weaken it and ensure that it will always he second fiddle. More recently they have brought upon an economic recession to Alberta whilst still taking an outsized slice of the economic gains Alberta has produced.

I'm not a fan of secession personally, but I think the constitution needs revisiting. One major bugbare is how Quebec gets treat like they are superior to every other province, whilst being an economic basketcase, utterly reliant on siphoning the hard work of other people. IMO, any constitutional advantages Quebec has, should be applied to every province. No more special treatment.

Try mentioning the Laurenchin Mafia to a Canada Liberal.

The insane theatrics will blow you away.

I grew up in liberal Canadian society that was driven by conspiracy theories about right wingers controlling gov.

As soon as you show that perhaps the left has the same problem with their rich forming underground beauracracies, they go nuts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh shut up.

Back