California secessionist group gains key approval to go ahead with referendum. Possible vote in 2021

Pretty soon, there might not be enough left of California to go anywhere;)

California-Wildfires.png

https://www.sanjoseinside.com/news/california-secede-one-group-got-a-key-approval-last-week-to-try/

I was going to post this 2 days ago but got busy and forgot etc.

´´´´
One of the most well-known groups pushing for California to secede from the rest of the country got the OK from state officials last week to collect signatures for a secession question on a future ballot.

The news of the approval came on the heels of California's 170th “birthday,” or anniversary marking the day it became the 31st state in the union. If the signature collection by pro-independence group Yes California is successful, residents would, in an undetermined future election, decide whether to cast a “no confidence” vote in the United States and create a commission to evaluate the Golden State’s ability to govern itself.

The effort has become an evergreen conversation that seems to have only ramped up in recent years. A few of California’s rich and powerful, including venture capitalist Shervin Pishevar, have put their weight behind the idea, particularly after President Donald Trump’s 2016 election win.

“We can re-enter the union after California becomes a nation,” Pishevar told CNBC in 2016 as a direct response to Trump's election. “As the sixth largest economy in the world, the economic engine of the nation and provider of a large percentage of the federal budget, California carries a lot of weight.”

But little, if anything, has come of those efforts to date.

Most experts and pundits seem to agree it’s unlikely that secession is in California’s future, but others argue that if any state is going to do it, California could be a good bet, particularly as political divisions widen.

https://www.sos.ca.gov/administrati...p20081-proposed-initiative-enters-circulation

It's disgusting the Civil War robbed states of sovereignty. I'm all for seeing it reclaimed. Association should be voluntary.

Secession huh, let me guess, they are claiming this is about states rights?

AbsoluteMeagerIbis-max-1mb.gif

Jesus, how many times are we going to waste time on this dumb shit.

For the bajillionth time, there is a ZERO logistical probability that California will secede, and there is a ZERO logistical probability that the "State of Jefferson" will be formed.

Jesus, how many times are we going to waste time on this dumb shit.

For the bajillionth time, there is a ZERO logistical probability that California will secede, and there is a ZERO logistical probability that the "State of Jefferson" will be formed.

Don't be a Debbie Downer.

Funny thing is, that from what I've seen being stationed here in SD the past two years and travelling the state: take the greater LA and SF areas out of the picture and the State would probably go red (republican, not commie)

You live here and want it to fall in the water and I'm the dumb fuck.

<RawexDidThis1>
If you lived here, the 8th largest economy IN THE WORLD, and you were subjected to and witness of the most ludicrous, backward liberal thinking and policy almost
designed to kill the state, you'd be cynical and pessimistic too, homie.
yes, drift to make an island. maybe Cali could make it to Hawaii and be the island no one goes to

If you lived here, the 8th largest economy IN THE WORLD, and you were subjected to and witness of the most ludicrous, backward liberal thinking and policy almost
designed to kill the state, you'd be cynical and pessimistic too, homie.
yes, drift to make an island. maybe Cali could make it to Hawaii and be the island no one goes to
I do live here. I'm in a nice area though, rural, coastal and upscale. My bro is long time LAPD (I'm very pro cop)...but I can't stand LA. SF is cool place and a great city for the most part. Monterey is nice, Santa Barbara is great, San Diego is cool...Big Sur is amazing, Yosemite is surreal. The list is almost unending in California.

And somehow you've convinced yourself it's aonly a lib cesspool while probably falsely fantasizing about what it would be like to live in the rust belt or some other shittier corner of conservative America.

The idea of secession is not a new one and it is always a dumb one.

Everyone looks at money and says but california has the 6th highest GDP.

Like thats the only thing that matters. What about the military? Will the California militia guard the entire west coast? Will they have their own Navy?
What about infrastructure? Does California have enough water in state? They make a lot of food but how much of other peoples water are they using? What about trade? Does California make enough goods to last on their own if noone wants to trade with them?

Hollywood and Silicon Valley are Californias Crown Jewels and right now Hollywood is hurting. Silicon Valley is obviously top dog but Tech companies can move anywhere. Whos to say they would want to stay in the new California country? What happens if tech leaves?

Such a dumb idea.

I do live here. I'm in a nice area though, rural, coastal and upscale. My bro is long time LAPD (I'm very pro cop)...but I can't stand LA. SF is cool place and a great city for the most part. Monterey is nice, Santa Barbara is great, San Diego is cool...Big Sur is amazing, Yosemite is surreal. The list is almost unending in California.

And somehow you've convinced yourself it's aonly a lib cesspool while probably falsely fantasizing about what it would be like to live in the rust belt or some other shittier corner of conservative America.
wow, have you been hanging out with @MescalineDreams @Clippy or @senri bro?
arty but somehow discouraging in it's final message.
needs more boost.

Back