Economy California has stopped purchasing cars from companies who back Trump EPA rollback

What are you talking about?

This is why the Customs department exists. We have import controls. If there are black market vehicles coming in from Mexico that's a separate issue. The law here concerns legal vehicles sold in the California, and what standards there are for their emissions. Ford operates plants in many countries, for example, but they all make Fords.
I was referring to vehicles that cross into the U.S. for pleasure/work on a DAILY basis. They often sit in a queue for HOURS, pumping that crap out of their mufflers along our border.

I was referring to vehicles that cross into the U.S. for pleasure/work on a DAILY basis. They often sit in a queue for HOURS, pumping that crap out of their mufflers along our border.

I see Mexican plates in LA occasionally and we're nowhere near the border.

I see Mexican plates in LA occasionally and we're nowhere near the border.
Not quite sure what the restrictions are, if any, for visa holders driving in the U.S.

Good.

I'm glad our governor is serious about tackling our smog problems, and the wider issue of global warming, generally. This is one issue where he has my support.
I went to L.A. for a school thing and I couldn't believe it. My town had a fire in the woods that covered the sky for about a week and it didn't look like L.A.'s smog.

If there is ever proof that our elected officials are bought and sold.

<Fedor23>

I mean it does by definition limit consumer choice and is another added expense for residents, but I don't think California is claiming t be hospitable for the middle class and it's their right to govern their state how they want.

Good.

I'm glad our governor is serious about tackling our smog problems, and the wider issue of global warming, generally. This is one issue where he has my support.
I think it's kind of bullshit that everything he does is tit for tat because of Trump. His policies seem to ignore what's best for the people just to spite the President. His immigration polices are prime example of this.

I get it, I can't stand Trump either... but give me a break.

Would he have this attitude if someone else was president? Probably not.

He just completely ignores the fact that GM has plans on building 20 different electric cars in the next three years. I'd say that's dovetailing with California's agenda don't you? It's all a power ploy.

I went to L.A. for a school thing and I couldn't believe it. My town had a fire in the woods that covered the sky for about a week and it didn't look like L.A.'s smog.

If there is ever proof that our elected officials are bought and sold.
Yeah, and he's bought and paid for by PG & E and makes it a point to appease his constituents by saying opening a press conference with "These fires are caused by global warming" (which is a complete bullshit lie) but then goes on to explain why they need to shut down power without acknowledging that the power company has a lot to with the problem.

I think it's kind of bullshit that everything he does is tit for tat because of Trump. His policies seem to ignore what's best for the people just to spite the President. His immigration polices are prime example of this.

I get it, I can't stand Trump either... but give me a break.

Would he have this attitude if someone else was president? Probably not.

He just completely ignores the fact that GM has plans on building 20 different electric cars in the next three years. I'd say that's dovetailing with California's agenda don't you? It's all a power ploy.

GM is backing off on the plan to bring a number of new electric cars to market in the next 3 years. All they will now say a cross between hybrid and electric powertrains. They just had a job fair in Florida where they specifically stated they are interested in people with the skills to build the next generation hybrid and electric cars not just electric. Ford on the other hand has stated that they plan on moving forward building electric trucks across a number of different sizes and also more electric automobiles.

GM is backing off on the plan to bring a number of new electric cars to market in the next 3 years. All they will now say a cross between hybrid and electric powertrains. They just had a job fair in Florida where they specifically stated they are interested in people with the skills to build the next generation hybrid and electric cars not just electric. Ford on the other hand has stated that they plan on moving forward building electric trucks across a number of different sizes and also more electric automobiles.
Either way, if they convert or offer most of their gas powered product line as hybrids, that's still progress in addition to EVs. I honestly thought the idea was stupid on paper anyway. Trying to shove a bunch of EV cars that probably won't sell on people that quickly is a bad business decision.

<Fedor23>

I mean it does by definition limit consumer choice and is another added expense for residents, but I don't think California is claiming t be hospitable for the middle class and it's their right to govern their state how they want.

It's the state purchasing vehicles. It has nothing to do with private car dealerships.

Housing prices are rising faster than wages in 80% of America. So just not California.

The invisible hand must be jerking off somewhere. Someone needs to get its attention so the market can bring housing and wages back into proper relationship.

The invisible hand must be jerking off somewhere. Someone needs to get its attention so the market can bring housing and wages back into proper relationship.

Gov'ts are preventing increases in housing supply. The invisible hand is handcuffed.

Is this actually occurring in California under Newsom?

It's more of a local gov't vs. state gov't issue. Newsom has been fighting to encourage/allow more housing construction. It was a big part of what he ran on, actually.

Either way, if they convert or offer most of their gas powered product line as hybrids, that's still progress in addition to EVs. I honestly thought the idea was stupid on paper anyway. Trying to shove a bunch of EV cars that probably won't sell on people that quickly is a bad business decision.

BEVs are superior to ICE vehicles in most ways. Most people just don't know how good they are these days. They are the obvious future. Might as well go all in on them or get left behind.

Hybrids are retarded.

BEVs are superior to ICE vehicles in most ways. Most people just don't know how good they are these days. They are the obvious future. Might as well go all in on them or get left behind.

Hybrids are retarded.
The big equalizer to this for now is cost and charging infrastructure.

I drove a couple hundred miles this week in LA county with my dad and he said there was times in the 1960's when you couldn't see past 500 feet the smog was so thick.

Its bad now, but its like 5% of what it used to be.

Smog laws got us that "95%" reduction, keep it up.

I drove a couple hundred miles this week in LA county with my dad and he said there was times in the 1960's when you couldn't see past 500 feet the smog was so thick.

Its bad now, but its like 5% of what it used to be.

Smog laws got us that "95%" reduction, keep it up.
It's amazing what we've done since the Clean Air Act was passed in 1970. But we still have Greta crying that we've done nothing; clearly her handlers know nothing about technology.

Long gone are the days you could kill yourself by firing up your car in the garage with the door closed. Newer ULEV cars are damn near zero emissions just like an electric car. Only difference being the propulsion source.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back