Economy California has stopped purchasing cars from companies who back Trump EPA rollback

PEB

Sunflower in support of Ukraine
@Steel
Reaction score
The Governor of California has ordered 2020 purchases can only be from companies who support the previous EPA levels. The governor has strong support by Californians over the move and really only represents 10 to 20,000 trucks and cars.

But que in mister state rights Barr who launched a lawsuit on the State of California on the move. Barr claims it limits consumer choice seriously consumer choice I guess states are people too?

Doesn't elections have consequences so Republicans are OK with this I guess they will be OK with Democrats if the White House switches to blue.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/11/18/climate/california-automakers-trump.amp.html

Good.

I'm glad our governor is serious about tackling our smog problems, and the wider issue of global warming, generally. This is one issue where he has my support.

GM, Chrysler, Nissan and Toyota have been named by the State that they will discontinue to buy from till they change. 3. 2. 1. que Texas I'm sure will counter the move. Nothing yet but I expect something. 18 other states back California I expect similar moves as they are in the lawsuit vs the Government over the move.

Big winners are Ford, Tesla, VW and a few others with boost in sales. GM says they are the only one outside of Tesla making a long range electric Bolt. Let me introduce the Mark E by Ford coming end of 2020.

Last edited:
California economy continues to boom ...

The Governor of California has ordered 2020 purchases can only be from companies who support the previous EPA levels. The governor has strong support by Californians over the move and really only represents 10 to 20,000 trucks and cars.

But que in mister state rights Barr who launched a lawsuit on the State of California on the move. Barr claims it limits consumer choice seriously consumer choice I guess states are people too?

Doesn't elections have consequences so Republicans are OK with this I guess they will be OK with Democrats if the White House switches to blue.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/11/18/climate/california-automakers-trump.amp.html
CA's strong EPA laws helped mitigate the Smog problems they had, which were quite bad many years ago.

California economy continues to boom ...

Basically always yeah. California is by far and away the most productive and influential part of the country.

But you need a big truck to drive on the shitty roads in Cali.. Driving there is like East Germany before the wall fell. 3rd world roads.

I find the California vs. Federal Gov't ongoing battle one of the most positive things in recent years.

A legitimate assertion of state's rights. Not a religious or identity politics clown show but an actual disagreement over policy. A real assertion of a state's ability to operate independent of the fed's restrictions. This is what state's rights is supposed to look like and I'm fascinated with every new turn here.

Admittedly, I'm rooting for California. Even if I don't agree with all of their choices, the more they win the more the checks and balances on federal power are given teeth.

They got the fires out yet? I haven't seen anything about it lately.

Did they solve the homeless issue or shit on the sidewalks issue?

California can have a large impact on the rest of America. Since California auto regulations raise prices on vehicles, and conflict with other states needs, I've thought the Bear state would do well if they instead offered California residence tax incentives or even offer large payments to car buyers to purchase vehicles California officials prefer. As many say, California is a rich state. They should be able to afford it.

Good.

I'm glad our governor is serious about tackling our smog problems, and the wider issue of global warming, generally. This is one issue where he has my support.
Not sure if you're being serious, but either way, how would you handle vehicles coming in from Mexico through our southern borders who add to our pollution? Some stats have 50K vehicles crossing into the U.S. through San Ysidro alone! You must know that Mexico has relatively lax pollution restrictions compared to the U.S.

Not sure if you're being serious, but either way, how would you handle vehicles coming in from Mexico through our southern borders who add to our pollution? Some stats have 50K vehicles crossing into the U.S. through San Ysidro alone! You must know that Mexico has relatively lax pollution restrictions compared to the U.S.
What are you talking about?

This is why the Customs department exists. We have import controls. If there are black market vehicles coming in from Mexico that's a separate issue. The law here concerns legal vehicles sold in the California, and what standards there are for their emissions. Ford operates plants in many countries, for example, but they all make Fords.

I use to drag my feet on this a lot but I'm flip flopping on this.

It's not proven that car pollution has had any significant effect on climate change, but that doesn't matter to me any more. Even if car pollution hasn't effected climate change, it sure has hurt metropolitan environments, caused respiratory medical issues, and is obviously bad for the environment.

With the rise of tesla and great electric vehicles and their continued evolution, I think we should triple down on this industry.

But if I own an old car, I should be allowed to drive it.

Good.

CA sucks for anyone wanting to tune their cars though (or own guns).

Back