California Dems call for boycott of In-N-Out Burger after donation to GOP

It's shitty, but it's also kind of karmic.

You don't know what karmic means. Karmic would be the republicans having to rebrand themselves completely in order to win an election due to their unpalatable beliefs. The left acting like them(and making elections more difficult for themselves in the process is not karma but stupidity).

https://www.indeed.com/cmp/In--n--out-Burger/salaries
In n out wages

https://www.indeed.com/cmp/McDonald's/salaries

McDonald’s wages

Way to go CA DEMS! Boycott the ONE fast food establishment that pays their workers well

They are great to their employees. My friend got a job at one when he was 16. He busted his ass as hard as possible when working and always had a smile on his face. When he was 21 years old they made him a store manager at a newly opened location. They bought him a house in the new area. He makes like 150k a year. Pretty cool for a fast food restaurant.

They are great to their employees. My friend got a job at one when he was 16. He busted his ass as hard as possible when working and always had a smile on his face. When he was 21 years old they made him a store manager at a newly opened location. They bought him a house in the new area. He makes like 150k a year. Pretty cool for a fast food restaurant.

Holy shit. I just looked. An In n Out employee makes more than an Amazon warehouse worker

Good, fuck corporate political donations.
(I would say that to someone wanting to boycott a corp that paid off Dems, btw)
(Also, I probably wouldn't give a shit about what a state party chairman had to say about anything)

This. As a matter of principle there should be no corporate money in politics. Whether boycotting is the way to go, that's a separate issue - I personally don't think it's enough, but it's better than nothing. This goes for both parties - lobbying and donating to a political cause at corporate level should be completely banned.

Or, if you want to level the playing field to some minor extent, make every corporate donation or lobbying effort a matter of company-wide vote. If the majority of the firm says yes, donate. And cap the size of the donation at a fixed number per company.

But really just keep it simple and make it illegal. It's one of the things today with the widest, most astonishing gap between how bad it is and how much people actually know and care about it.

I was originally thinking that I would make a cute thread about going to in and out after jiu jitsu tonight or something like that but I started thinking and there is troubling trend in politics right now that aims to vilify the other side especially conservatives. I was reading the google lawsuit by James Damore and there are many google employees who want to out people who voted for trump and get them fired solely due to the fact they voted trump. That is pretty unheard of in us history. Now we have people going through corporate filings and saying we need to boycott a fast food joint for donating to one of the major parties in the country. This shows how polarized our society is right now.
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...all-for-boycott-of-in-n-out-after-donation-to

It may be a problem but I would not say it is one-sided. (FWIW, I would prefer to see corporate money out of politics. Citizens United was a BS decision in my opinion.) For instance here in Georgia a Republican candidate for governor blocked renewal of long-standing fuel tax exclusion bill for Delta (HQ in Atlanta and an enormous employer) because they rescinded an NRA discount used by fewer than 100 people.

My theory is that it was an attempt make Georgia look bad for "liberal" businesses so that Amazon will not open HQ2 here.

Last edited:
This. As a matter of principle there should be no corporate money in politics. Whether boycotting is the way to go, that's a separate issue - I personally don't think it's enough, but it's better than nothing. This goes for both parties - lobbying and donating to a political cause at corporate level should be completely banned.

Or, if you want to level the playing field to some minor extent, make every corporate donation or lobbying effort a matter of company-wide vote. If the majority of the firm says yes, donate. And cap the size of the donation at a fixed number per company.

But really just keep it simple and make it illegal. It's one of the things today with the widest, most astonishing gap between how bad it is and how much people actually know and care about it.

Bro. It was 25K

Doubt it will hurt their bottom line. I wouldn't be surprised if more people go out of spite.

But they would still care. And the chair of the CA DEM party also seems to care

Honestly...this is the first time Im rooting for dems in one of their liberal cry sessions because the lines at In n out here are abysmal. 30 minute wait for fast food?!

It may be a problem but I would not say it is one-sided. (FWIW, I would prefer to see corporate money out of politics. Citizens United was a BS decision in my opinion.) For instance here in Georgia a Republican candidate for governor blocked renewal of long fuel tax exclusion bill for Delta (HQ in Atlanta and an enormous employer) because they rescinded an NRA discount used by fewer than 100 people.

My theory is that it was an attempt make Georgia look bad for "liberal" businesses so that Amazon will not open HQ2 here.

Why would he want AMZN there. They take more than they give. Flipping In N Out pay there employees more

Holy shit. I just looked. An In n Out employee makes more than an Amazon warehouse worker

They get what they pay for too. It isn't that easy to get a job there. They get good, hard working people who promise to have good attitudes. They have a culture of positive attitudes, hard work and personal responsibility.

Not a fan of this kind of thing, just polarizes the country more. They should be boycotting fast food joints that don't pay their employees a living wage instead if they really want to make a difference.

Bro. It was 25K

Re-read - as a matter of principle. Principle is a rule. Rules apply across the board. 500, 5000, 50000, doesn't matter - corporate money - out. Why does the amount matter? It's literally like of you and I went to court and a jury was deliberating how to divide our joint estate in a divorce, and you and I competed who can bribe more jurors to vote their way. That's what corporate money is in politics - means of pushing your agenda by necessity at the expense of someone else, and by influencing the decision-making process with bribe. Instead of politicians running their campaigns and their offices on the merit of their platforms alone, they do so using external money which either comes at the price of their freedom of choice, or creates an unfair advantage in campaigns, resource-wise. It's bullshit.

They get what they pay for too. It isn't that easy to get a job there. They get good, hard working people who promise to have good attitudes. They have a culture of positive attitudes, hard work and personal responsibility.

Yea. I’ve noticed Chik fil a employees are really good also. In fact, they are almost too damn happy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back