California Democrats Decriminalize Child prostitution

In the absence of any evidence or coherent, logical arguments, "I don't know if this will work" makes you look a lot smarter than "this will make child prostitution increase tenfold because... piss".

The rest of your post is conjecture, but your partisan bias and general stupidity makes you unworthy of discussion. So let's leave it here.

Now you are just playing dumb. I brought up piss because it's the same dangerous liberal thinking.

Break the law both socially and morally, and there will never be consequences.

It's your thinking that got trump elected.

Children who on free become prostitutes should be reprimanded.

If you don't punish a child who whores out their body, it sends the wrong message.

That should be clear cut to rational people.

But as we see more and more every day. Liberalism is a mental disorder.
People who think they are helping but do more damage.

So much so terrorist use the liberal agenda as a shield and tool.

In NY I watch liberals shower people with money, clothes , and food who go home and pray for and plan America's demise.
Liberals fund the ones planning to hurt America.

If this isn't evidence of the link between the democratic party and pedophilia I don't know what is.

Pizza Gate is real.

Now you are just playing dumb. I brought up piss because it's the same dangerous liberal thinking.

Break the law both socially and morally, and there will never be consequences.

It's your thinking that got trump elected.

Children who on free become prostitutes should be reprimanded.

If you don't punish a child who whores out their body, it sends the wrong message.

That should be clear cut to rational people.

But as we see more and more every day. Liberalism is a mental disorder.
People who think they are helping but do more damage.

So much so terrorist use the liberal agenda as a shield and tool.

In NY I watch liberals shower people with money, clothes , and food who go home and pray for and plan America's demise.
Liberals fund the ones planning to hurt America.

In a country that imprisons more people than China or North Korea, you're advocating sending more minors to prison. Land of the free indeed.

Nice to see you've moved on from your original absurd claim based on nothing other than partisanship, to more partisanship and finger pointing. Shows your fantastic intellect.

I'm not saying they should be charged or not...

I would rather cases be reviewed individually and let prosecutors,pd and juries decide vs a blanket law.

Not every underage hooker is a sex slave, some are drug addicts looking for easy cash.

I would have no problem if this law applied to 14 and younger though.

I don't have a problem with it since the tricks and the pimps are still criminalized.

Thread title deliberately misleading.

In a country that imprisons more people than China or North Korea, you're advocating sending more minors to prison. Land of the free indeed.

Nice to see you've moved on from your original absurd claim based on nothing other than partisanship, to more partisanship and finger pointing. Shows your fantastic intellect.

And again , your way of thinking is what got trump elected.
Comparing the u.s. to china and n Korea.

How many illegal immigrants in those countries. In America there are so many illegals they form gangs like ms13 and commit a lot of the present day violence.

How many African Americans in those countries.

So what's your answer to a bunch of 16 and 17 year Olds promoting prostitution with no repercussions

And again , your way of thinking is what got trump elected.
Comparing the u.s. to china and n Korea.

How many illegal immigrants in those countries. In America there are so many illegals they form gangs like ms13 and commit a lot of the present day violence.

How many African Americans in those countries.

So what's your answer to a bunch of 16 and 17 year Olds promoting prostitution with no repercussions

My point was those countries are regressive dictatorships which are known for being oppressive, whereas America supposedly champions personal liberty and freedom from government. Yet the US still deprives freedom from more individuals than either of those countries. You don't seem to have any issues with the industrial levels of incarceration in your country, to the point you think you should imprison more people, not only that, but let's get them young. Because your prisons churn out highly functional and reformed citizens, obviously.

I'd rather teenagers involved with prostitution, likely drugs and threats/violence, get help, rather than into your horrendous prison system.

Is there any reason to believe that punishing them will help?

Also I am enjoying the fact that a discussion on underage prostitution has given you the opportunity to rail against blacks and Mexicans.

My point was those countries are regressive dictatorships which are known for being oppressive, whereas America supposedly champions personal liberty and freedom from government. Yet the US still deprives freedom from more individuals than either of those countries. You don't seem to have any issues with the industrial levels of incarceration in your country, to the point you think you should imprison more people, not only that, but let's get them young. Because your prisons churn out highly functional and reformed citizens, obviously.

I'd rather teenagers involved with prostitution, likely drugs and threats/violence, get help, rather than into your horrendous prison system.

Also I am enjoying the fact that a discussion on underage prostitution has given you the opportunity to rail against blacks and Mexicans.

Yes. When they are charged criminally, they can be forced to testify. This helps get pimps off the street, since the children will testify against them. Hell, you can even offer plea bargins so that the kids give up their pimps and get off free.

Now, they are considered a victim, and victims can't be forced to testify. There is no incentive for them to give up their pimps. Or their John's for that matter either. How on earth are you going to prosecute a guy for picking up an underage hooker, if that hooker won't even come in and testify that he did it?

Also, some girls really just are whores, and probably do need to do some time in Juvie.

Implies there is no criminal punishment for sex with kids. There is, for the "John" or purchaser of the service, just not for the provider of the service.

Or am I missing something?

Implies there is no criminal punishment for sex with kids. There is, for the "John" or purchaser of the service, just not for the provider of the service.

It doesn't imply that. Prostitution is selling yourself for money. Buying sex with money is soliciting a prostitute. They are two separate crimes. The title is accurate.

It doesn't imply that. Prostitution is selling yourself for money. Buying sex with money is soliciting a prostitute. They are two separate crimes. The title is accurate.

I thought prostitution was two people engaging in sexual acts where there is an exhange of money. The parities are the prostitute (receiver) and John (payer). So I thought the payer engages in prostitution as well as the prostitute.

Guess I'm wrong. Wouldn't be the first time. Obviously I haven't engaged in it ! LOL/

Yes. When they are charged criminally, they can be forced to testify. This helps get pimps off the street, since the children will testify against them. Hell, you can even offer plea bargins so that the kids give up their pimps and get off free.

Now, they are considered a victim, and victims can't be forced to testify. There is no incentive for them to give up their pimps. Or their John's for that matter either. How on earth are you going to prosecute a guy for picking up an underage hooker, if that hooker won't even come in and testify that he did it?

Also, some girls really just are whores, and probably do need to do some time in Juvie.

From my understanding, the law until this vote, matched your suggestion. Why are there still pimps if what you're advocating has been tried and would be successful?

There is nothing stopping these girls testifying against pimps and Johns while being helped by the state, as opposed to going into a criminal justice system that won't help them.

From my understanding, the law until this vote, matched your suggestion. Why are there still pimps if what you're advocating has been tried and would be successful?

Is the only measure of the success of a law 100% eradication of that crime? Does the fact that there are still murders imply it might be better to just decriminalize murder?

There is nothing stopping these girls testifying against pimps and Johns while being helped by the state, as opposed to going into a criminal justice system that won't help them.

Someone brought up on criminalize charges is forced to go the trial and testify under oath.
Someone is being charged can also enter agreements to testify in exchange for reduced/dropped charges.

Someone who is a victim of a crime can't be forced to testify. Sure, the girls might choose to testify, but there is nothing forcing them to. If they have a dependent relationship with their pimp, many will likely choose not to testify.

Look, I would for this law to succeed, and for child prostitution to be reduced. I'm also just worried that it might have the unintended consequence of protecting pimps and Johns, and thus increasing child prostitution. We'll see in a few years how it plays out.

Some cultures need dictatorships, and prisons are not supposed to reform .
It's supposed to deter.
Some cultures have no problem going to jail as you will meet up with a lot of your friends.
You asked asked about prison rates in China and n. Korea. America's prison rate has a direct correlation to illegal immigrants and African Americans

Will you answer the question about a group of 17 year Olds running a prostitution ring with no repercussions.

Prostitution directly correlates with abortions, stds, poverty and drug abuse.

Incartion rates are filled with people not even supposed to be in the country.

Not all cultures are equal. Some are smarter and harder workers then others. Some are more violent then others.
Some have shown zero positive change in over 1000 years.

Liberals, try and not look to deep into their thinking. They are nuts

Don't prosecute girl who are hookes
Don't arrest people who piss in the streets
Also. Don't arrest people for small shoplifting. Walmart calls the police to often for theft, is cheaper to let it go.

Arrest will go down is the thinking
Don't hold people responsible for their illegal actions.

Liberals are getting nuts

Don't prosecute girl who are hookes
Don't arrest people who piss in the streets
Also. Don't arrest people for small shoplifting. Walmart calls the police to often for theft, is cheaper to let it go.

Arrest will go down is the thinking
Don't hold people responsible for their illegal actions.

Liberals are getting nuts

The easiest way to reduce crime is to just decriminalize everything.

Back