California Democrats Decriminalize Child prostitution

P

Pwent

730x420-0ead42c10981891af8ef374cd1352add.jpg

Beginning on Jan. 1, prostitution by minors will be technically legal in California.

SB 1322 bars law enforcement from arresting sex workers who are under the age of 18 for soliciting or engaging in prostitution, or loitering with the intent to do so. So teenage girls (and boys) in California will soon be free to have sex in exchange for money without fear of arrest or prosecution.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/california-democrats-legalize-child-prostitution/article/2610540
http://www.latimes.com/politics/ess...alizes-prostitution-1474918476-htmlstory.html

730x420-0ead42c10981891af8ef374cd1352add.jpg

Beginning on Jan. 1, prostitution by minors will be technically legal in California.

SB 1322 bars law enforcement from arresting sex workers who are under the age of 18 for soliciting or engaging in prostitution, or loitering with the intent to do so. So teenage girls (and boys) in California will soon be free to have sex in exchange for money without fear of arrest or prosecution.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/california-democrats-legalize-child-prostitution/article/2610540
http://www.latimes.com/politics/ess...alizes-prostitution-1474918476-htmlstory.html

Usually minors are forced to do it and John's will still be prosecuted. I can see the state not wanting minors to have a record because they may not have any say in what they are being forced to do. State giving help vs prosecution is probably the right move.

Read the article. Pimps may try to take advantage. We'll see what happens. They need to go after Pimps.

Damn it, they are just encouraging child prostitution now. Damn liberal pedos. If we just put all children in jail this wouldnt be a problem.

Damn it, they are just encouraging child prostitution now. Damn liberal pedos. If we just put all children in jail this wouldnt be a problem.

how long until im told that i need to accept pedosexual equality

FWIW:

SB 1322

September 26, 2016
Today marks an important shift away from the criminalization of the state’s child victims of commercial sexual exploitation. We are thrilled to announce that Governor Brown signed SB 1322 (Mitchell), important legislation that ensures children will not be subjected to a criminal charge of solicitation or prostitution. CLC has been a proud supporter of this bill and of the 2014 actions that provided a pathway to child welfare services for child victims of sex trafficking. We are committed to ending the incarceration of children for their victimization, and instead advocating for the supports and services they need to heal.

Bill text : http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201520160SB1322
About CLC

Children's Law Center of California (CLC) represents children who have been abused, neglected, or abandoned that come under the protection of either the Los Angeles or Sacramento County Juvenile Dependency Court systems. Children's Law Center was created by the Superior Court in 1990 to serve as appointed counsel for these Los Angeles youth. In July of 2011 we opened our doors in Sacramento County and now serve as appointed counsel for all abused and neglected children in both Los Angeles and Sacramento counties.

With a combined staff of over 275 lawyers, paralegals, and investigators, CLC represents all of the nearly 33,000 (30,000 in Los Angeles and 3,000 in Sacramento) children under the jurisdiction of these dependency courts.

CLC attorneys are committed to excellence in child advocacy and appear on behalf of children in day-to-day dependency proceedings. We also provide representation in a host of related hearings that seek to ensure the well being and future success of each child. CLC is often seen at the forefront of much needed local, state and national policy change and system reform.
Might be more to this than right wing partisan sites are making it out to be. If your kid got caught up in this crap, would you want her to be treated like a victim or a criminal, a whore?

FWIW:

Might be more to this than right wing partisan sites are making it out to be. If your kid got caught up in this crap, would you want her to be treated like a victim or a criminal, a whore?

i agree. thats the reasoning, that its not the kids fault so they shouldnt be punished

but they made it so they cant be arrested. that makes it a lot harder on the cops than if they arrested them, and then didnt charge them afterwards

i agree. thats the reasoning, that its not the kids fault so they shouldnt be punished

but they made it so they cant be arrested. that makes it a lot harder on the cops than if they arrested them, and then didnt charge them afterwards
Perhaps. The truth usually lies somewhere in the middle between the two extremes. ;)

They might be able to give legal guardianship to the courts though. Put them in a shelter, protective custody and get counseling.

I'm noticing a bit of a pattern here. There will be an inflammatory thread title posted by a dumb as dogshit Trumpster and I'll think to myself "Wow that can't be right. There must be some context missing here" and sure enough, every goddamn time they completely misrepresent the situation to push a certain narrative.

If the idiot OP or anyone else can explain to me how funneling underage sex workers into the penal system, the vast majority of which are coming from shitty broken homes and lives and being forced into it by criminals, helps society or reduces harm then I'm all ears.

I for one don't thick underage girls should be thrown to the ground and arrested by the police either. So I'm glad they won't be arrested and have a wrap sheet their entire lives over sex.

Hopefully the girls can get some help and then make their own decisions when they turn adult age.

I'm noticing a bit of a pattern here. There will be an inflammatory thread title posted by a dumb as dogshit Trumpster and I'll think to myself "Wow that can't be right. There must be some context missing here" and sure enough, every goddamn time they completely misrepresent the situation to push a certain narrative.

If the idiot OP or anyone else can explain to me how funneling underage sex workers into the penal system, the vast majority of which are coming from shitty broken homes and lives and being forced into it by criminals, helps society or reduces harm then I'm all ears.

What don't you get K1 throwing people in jail is the answer to everything by certain people in our society. They simply cannot fathom any other course of action.

Your post beautifully detailed the important issues at hand and got to the crux of the issue. So thanks for that. Although it will fall on deaf ears. You also know the 4-5 posters who are currently spamming the war room every chance they can get. The TS Is one of them.

What a stupid fucking thread title. OP is a really stupid fuck.

I think OP should never post in a fake news thread again unless he wants to be labelled a hypocrite.

Just because they won't be criminalized, it doesn't mean it's going to be legal and they'll allow it. They're still going to stop it. The children, that are usually victims, just won't be treated as the bad guys. I'm surprised this isn't how it was before.

Is the thread title not accurate? The LATimes article he linked used the same language.
It's is what the tabloid examiner says, latimes does not.

Back