Economy California budget deficit $54B

Maybe if they didnt give illegals every benefit under the sun, the debt wouldnt be so high.
Signed,
A California resident that hates it here
I hear you buddy. My home state of Connecticut is the same, and there is a ton of overlap with most libtard states. They give non stop freebies to the illegals and folks who refuse to work. State is in so much debt and our do nothing Dem governor just raises taxes which drives out businesses like GE and Aetna, costing thousands of jobs. Truly pathetic what these Dems do.

I agree California would be better if it was more conservative.
But It is a top 10 economy of the world alone. Alot of Tech and alot of food comes out of Cali.
The Illegals do their part with cheap labor etc.
I grew up in Cali but now in Texas the last 8 years.
I say no to handouts get off your ass and work and stay away from my money government!

So you're still working I take it?

CALPERS is fucked currently too...

Glad I'm not someone retiring anytime soon...

Budget proposal came out today. Looks sad. 10% funding cut to public schools; 10% pay cuts, furloughs for government workers; funding cuts to state pension plans.

Had few drs who work for the state calling me today to ask about working with me. They getting pay cuts and furloughed. Also a heavily advertised program to recruit highly skilled drs to California with loan repayment now is not going to be able to honor those promises because the program is eliminated under the budget proposal. Know two people who moved here for that.

Eh, not really so bad. You can compare it to the fed for example, since California has a monster economy.

Fed is 3.7 trillion, with 325 million people. About 11.4 thousand a person.
https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/us-gdp-12-percent-deficit-3-trillion

California is looking at 54 billion with about 40 million people. 1350 bucks each.

So in comparison, Cali is doing great. Its not exactly a fair comparison because of how the fed works, but better than most anything else.

The numbers are big, but so are the economies. You aren't talking about a bank account.

Really a shame, although not a surprise, that this post has less likes than the "bc the illigulz" post.

California is in much better fiscal shape than the country and nearly every Republican state.

so basically the deficit is one third the amount that Kentucky takes in every year from the federal government to keep their welfare state alive. All the more reason CALI should secede. If we werent supporting welfare states like Kentucky we wouldnt have a deficit

Maybe if they didnt give illegals every benefit under the sun, the debt wouldnt be so high.
Signed,
A California resident that hates it here

I moved out. I now have a house literally twice as big as my CA house. My first oh shit moment was my first power bill. In a house that is twice the size and also has 18 foot ceilings in part of it, I paid 41 dollars for power. I kept the heater at 70 too, for my new born.

My PGE bill would often be close to 300 dollars.

And just fuck CRV. And my neighborhood is sooo safe and family oriented.

Californian attacks your wallet from every angle. It's hard to get ahead.

I moved out. I now have a house literally twice as big as my CA house. My first oh shit moment was my first power bill. In a house that is twice the size and also has 18 foot ceilings in part of it, I paid 41 dollars for power. I kept the heater at 70 too, for my new born.

sounds like a poor person problem. Glad you were able to move to someplace that is more kind and appropriate for your low income

A 50 billion dollar deficit against a 3 trillion dollar GDP. California will be fine. They just gun shy about raising taxes during a pandemic.

So basically all the broke people fleeing California couldn’t cut it here. I’m sorry snowflakes, stop blaming illegals for all your problems. Illegals have been a part of this country since inception. Get over it. Only difference between your grandparents and now is all you had to do was land in American and you could be a citizen

you were broke here. I get it , you couldn’t make it and you had to leave

you were broke here. I get it , you couldn’t make it and you had to leave

Well an inferno from hell insenerated everything I knew. My dreams, plans, and future business vaporized in one day.

I didn't want to go back. I know feel free from the financial abuse of California.

So basically all the broke people fleeing California couldn’t cut it here. I’m sorry snowflakes, stop blaming illegals for all your problems. Illegals have been a part of this country since inception. Get over it. Only difference between your grandparents and now is all you had to do was land in American and you could be a citizen

LoL. My family is from California. Has been forever. All of them agree it was great before 1965 when the invasion began.

Los Angeles used to be incredibly safe. Now it's a shit hole.

I am assuming you are on public assistance.

So, California had a surplus before the pandemic and now has a shortfall because of it? What's the lesson here other than "Pandemics are bad for economies."?

Never smelled poo. Don’t live in a shithole area. How’s that frozen tundra of yours? Is it sunny yet?

Enjoy it from your backyard, I hear you guys have 3 more months house arrest. I was just on a patio with my 3 best friends drinking today, its 21°c and sunny here. When I sober up a bit more I'm taking my motorcycle for a nice long ride.

Californians infect other states just like this virus.

My wife's ultra-liberal mother is moving to Texas next month.

Enjoy~

Back