Calf Slicer From The BJJ Kumite. (Instructional Video)

Very cool video, thanks for posting!

Thanks Sean! Awesome submission, really caught one of your opponents off guard with this in the opening of the BJJ Kumite also I noticed. Very simple, but extremely effective obviously.

Now I have another thing to look out for :)

Great video man. I think I watched that 17 second calf slicer about 20 times trying to work out exactly what you were doing. And with that last one, something I like and was taught, if you're flexible bring your leg back instead of triangling if you're having trouble finishing and push into your own heel. Gives it that extra oomph of pressure.

Thanks for the tutorial. I've been trying to drill it just the competition footage and was missing some important details. I do have a question though. How do you avoid smashing your junk? Are you just wearing a cup?

Thanks! Awesome!

Can you also talk about the grips you were using to frustrate that guy so much?

I'm super impressed that Sean busted this video out less than 24 hours after the first episode of the BJJ Kumite was released. Gold star.

Thanks for the tutorial. I've been trying to drill it just the competition footage and was missing some important details. I do have a question though. How do you avoid smashing your junk? Are you just wearing a cup?

You don't lol you just have to take the pain. Think of it as a kamikaze submission.

Great video man. I think I watched that 17 second calf slicer about 20 times trying to work out exactly what you were doing. And with that last one, something I like and was taught, if you're flexible bring your leg back instead of triangling if you're having trouble finishing and push into your own heel. Gives it that extra oomph of pressure.

This.

Nice video.

sean will this work in gi also? Or bad idea to do in gi? Also i see you use the 1 hand for the the slicer, with the other free hand should it be doing anything? I usually grab the knee cap so they can't pull back.

sean will this work in gi also? Or bad idea to do in gi? Also i see you use the 1 hand for the the slicer, with the other free hand should it be doing anything? I usually grab the knee cap so they can't pull back.

Yea i get it in gi all the time. that free hand is not used in the submission just put it on the ground i guess.

Yea i get it in gi all the time. that free hand is not used in the submission just put it on the ground i guess.

Hey man are you ever going to come down and fight in one of gustavo tournaments in az? We have lots of good bjj fighters. Brian morizi comes down her a lot also ben henderson competes to, and of course me lol. Great tournament.

Hey man are you ever going to come down and fight in one of gustavo tournaments in az? We have lots of good bjj fighters. Brian morizi comes down her a lot also ben henderson competes to, and of course me lol. Great tournament.

I don't know. I think I'm just gonna be doing the big tournaments this year like pan ams and worlds.

No way that first calf slicer would ever work on any decent competitors. :cool:

Nobody picked up on the retard half guard sweep you did! Its way cooler than the calf slicer. I demand an instructional with the new setups to get the grips.

Ill get you 400 new facbook likes, subscribe to your newsletter and buy your 2freedvds if you make it?

:icon_twis

Thanks for sharing. The one from mount looks awesome, I can't wait to try it. If you like calf slicers, I have one that I use whenever someone tries to put me in de la riva. FYI, You came to colorado and showed a cool thumb in the sleeve grip that I use quite a bit now.

Last edited:
Back