Calf Pain Triangle

Wandgun

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Is there anything that can be done to prevent calf pain/stiffness while locking in a triangle? I find the crossed leg that is locked behind the opponents neck/head area is constantly in pain after locking in a triangle. Are there any exercises or stretches that can help with this?

Thanks!

Proper technique or mutant flexiblity.

I feel my technique is correct. There is going to be pressure on the calf if I'm not mistaken. I just didn't know if perhaps stretching or building the muscle would help.

I feel my technique is correct. There is going to be pressure on the calf if I'm not mistaken. I just didn't know if perhaps stretching or building the muscle would help.

I only get calf pain the day after when being stubborn about the keeping triangle locked in. Most times, if the triangle is not working, you can switch to arm bar to finish your opponent.

I've gotten charlie horses during tri's before. I eat more banoonoos.

I only get calf pain the day after when being stubborn about the keeping triangle locked in. Most times, if the triangle is not working, you can switch to arm bar to finish your opponent.

very true. I get that as well after holding in the Triangle for too long

My legs are actually really long. Just skinny.

My calves are skinny too, and I've experienced this before-- stretch more, strengthen your calves, and just tough it out.

As far as I've experienced, the pain isn't injury-causing but only temporary, so don't worry on it.

Back