Rumored Caleb Plant vs David Benavidez in September

what-wut

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score

They have been going back and forth on twitter.

Plant simply does not have the power to keep him off for 12 rounds imo. I see a late stoppage by David benavidez. But it's an exciting fight and I hope they get it done.

But @Roids tells us Plant is ducking Benavidez so no way this could be true!

Been waiting for this fight for years. This fight not happening was David's fault. They both had a belt and had bad blood and former ties. Benavidez lost the belt making the fight not as marketable or logical.
I see Benavidez stopping Plant though. Which is a big change from what I thought a few years back.

Interesting barometer, if he dusts Plant, Canelo will have to take notice.
his victory might be somewhat marred by the fact that canelo just fucked plant up something fierce.

it would've been a lot more impressive for benavidez if he was the one who took his cherry, right? i mean, that would've made canelo really take notice, if you know what i mean. now it's just benavidez beating up his leftovers.

but i get the feeling not many people are giving plant much of a chance here, and i don't see it. benavidez is big and powerful, but plant is a very good boxer himself. i could see him pose a lot of problems to david and frustrating him.

What happened to David Lemiuex ?

lol @ pretending David still needs to do something to make Canelo notice him.

Plant made it 11 fun rounds with Canelo. I dont think Benavidez just walks him down. Hell have to work for it. Quality fight, finally.

lol @ pretending David still needs to do something to make Canelo notice him.
Well, hes finally fighting someone relevant. It would appear Benavidez himself has realized it.

benavidez will prob find a way to duck. he ain’t fighting a decent fighter with a pulse. he’ll claim an injury from the lemieux fight to avoid this.

I think Benavides can stop him and if he does then the canelo talk will be off the charts, depending on bivol or course.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back