News Calderwood vs Chookagian set for UFC 238

What a barn burner

Should be co main event

Meh as long as Calvillo fought smart and took her down she'd still win. It's a common mistake on sherdog to equate wins over lower level competition as a clear sign of improvement. Shit I've seen Diego Sanchez referred to as resurgent and improved a dozen times since he beat Gall. Tbh hes neither he just faced easier competition.

Diego barely got through Gall tbh lol. You could see if Gall didn't fucken dump his load so early in the round, he would've been able to get Diego in the 2nd/3rd nps.

Diego barely got through Gall tbh lol. You could see if Gall didn't fucken dump his load so early in the round, he would've been able to get Diego in the 2nd/3rd nps.

I don't believe that at all. Gall literally got dominated 90% of that fight. That adrenaline dump shit is for cans anyways. Take the top 5 in every division and name all the times one lost because of an adrenaline dump. Gall lost cause he's a fucking can.

Lol great theory but like everyone sherdog seems to think has magically improved shes just fighting worse competition.

Jojo, even getting the best D in the world, still loses to Andrade and Calvillo.

I agree with her still losing to Andrade, but that fight with cavillo wasn't dominance at all--i could easily see Jo Jo getting that win back.

Cuz she lacks discipline

She looks like she could be in better shape, even when she cuts to 115

Vale, JJ and Jo Jo are the taller 115 lbs and they were scrapping through to hit their weight limit, Valerie looked utterly shit tbh you could practically see her skull outline, Joanna' weight cut clips showed how much of a toll it took on her and Jo Jo just didn't look right until we saw her fights in Flyweight when she seemed a bit faster and had more power in her striking.

Quite a few Strawweights could even make Atomweight.

Vale, JJ and Jo Jo are the taller 115 lbs and they were scrapping through to hit their weight limit, Valerie looked tbh, Joanna' weight cut clips showed how much of a toll it took on her and Jo Jo just didn't look right until we saw her fights in Flyweight when she seemed a bit faster and had more power in her striking.

Quite a few Strawweights could even make Atomweight.
Cuz she tries to cut too much water weight the week of the fight
If she was disciplined and dieted properly she could make 115 no problem. But she's not and typically shows up to fight week to heavy

Edit: still talking about calderwood

Cuz she tries to cut too much water weight the week of the fight
If she was disciplined and dieted properly she could make 115 no problem. But she's not and typically shows up to fight week to heavy

Edit: still talking about calderwood

Na knew who you were talking about btw, so all good.

Just think Jo Jo leaving Strawweight for Flyweight is best for her, I am still fucken pissed how we could have a sweet lean Aspen Ladd at Flyweight who could really help that division, but instead is going up too Bantam.

best hope chookagian doesn't try to get jojo to pay for her drinks! then you'll see real scottish violence.

Will never get it. Yes a lot of wmma sucks but people will watch Gall vs Diego but not watch Suarez who's more talented than either.

This Suarez hype has gone waaaaaaaaay too far. <45>

Diego is a legend and put on one of the more exciting fights on that undercard. >85% of the woman don't actually fight, it's more of an athletic competition to them. I enjoy the ones that actually do fight like Nunes, Andrade, Rose, Maycee Barber, and Aspen Ladd (provisionally). But WMMA on the whole is a vastly inferior product and it doesn't make sense to keep promoting it like it isn't. Imagine a symphony orchestra performance with a break in the middle for kindergartners banging on drums.

And yes I hate the male fighters who don't actually fight. :)

Lol great theory but like everyone sherdog seems to think has magically improved shes just fighting worse competition.

Jojo, even getting the best D in the world, still loses to Andrade and Calvillo.
Andrade probably but we've seen Andrade subbed twice so maybe.

Against Calvillo I'd favour her significantly to win, it was a couple of dumb grappling mistakes that cost her the fight the first time.

Na knew who you were talking about btw, so all good.

Just think Jo Jo leaving Strawweight for Flyweight is best for her, I am still fucken pissed how we could have a sweet lean Aspen Ladd at Flyweight who could really help that division, but instead is going up too Bantam.

Did you hear that ladd is going to fight that girl in your AV? Honestly, I forgot her name...something banks

Ok but how long has she been around now before finally having success over relative nobodies.
How long has she been around before there was a UFC flyweight division for her to fit into? Your question has a larger context to take into consideration..
Her followers were hyping her as the next big thing for a while, this is what I’m referring to.
There have been some tough times for Jo Jo, and her fans, to be sure.
Edit: I just checked, and it’s taken her 5 years to build a 2-fight streak, she only has 2 wins back to back.

If, by what you wrote, you meant to say that she hasn't had a 3-fight win streak in a while, that would be true. If you look at her win/loss pattern for her last 6 fights it is: WWLLWW. And this pattern covers less than 4 years.

If you look at her carreer win/loss pattern it is this: WWWWWWWWWLWWLLWW. Not so dire as your words seem to indicate. And if I add some color to the flyweight results, the pattern looks like this: WWWWWWWWWLWWLLWW. All her flyweight fights are wins.

Granted, having 3 losses in her last 7 fights is not good. And, I'll also grant you that her last 7 fights were against higher quality fighters than her fights before those last 7. But the period of time in which her losses occured also correlates to a time when she started struggling to make weight (perhaps an age issue), and was a time when her her personal and professional life unravelled in a big way for her.

When she broke up with her former boyfriend/coach, it wasn't just an emotional disruption in her life that she faced, it was also a professional one. Her career-long gym became a hostile environment and she had to leave it behind. I think that was harder for Jo Jo than it might have been for other fighters. She seemed to have a hard time learning to be comfortable away from this long-time "home". It took her a few years, and some searching among foreign gyms, but I think she has finally learned to be at ease training far from home.

Last edited:
Would like to see JoJo win, legit don't know who the other girl is though after a bit of research she's never made it on a main card.

Would like to see JoJo win, legit don't know who the other girl is though after a bit of research she's never made it on a main card.
Jessica Eye is getting her title shot off of having Chookagian as her last win. Hopefully, Jo Jo will also be in title contention if she beats Chookagian.

Back