News Calderwood vs Chookagian set for UFC 238

The key to finding the fight watchable is to not have one's head up one's ass at the time. Watching just can't really be done from that location.

Of course! Not everyone is so messed up as to hide their head away in an anal man-cave rather than watch this fight. The cool kids will be eager to see Bad Mofo Jo Jo kick Chookagian's butt.
I am sorry, but most women's fights are simply not interesting, particularly in the striking department. I actually enjoy the grappling, and wish it was better. I dont want WMMA banished so much as I want it improved away from my viewing eye until it in fact does improve.

I want it improved away from my viewing eye until it in fact does improve.
Well, you aren't going to get that, as you should well know. So all you are accomplishing is to be an annoying buzz-kill.

man-sleeping-on-wooden-floor-with-pillow.jpg

I'm interested in a Calderwood-Schevchenko fight for the title...that fight would be way more interesting than Chookagian-Schevchenko, IMO. For that reason, I'll be cheering for Jojo. But, I don't know, she always seems to find a way to fuck up when she's right on the doorstep of success.

Jarl

I'm interested in a Calderwood-Schevchenko fight for the title...that fight would be way more interesting than Chookagian-Schevchenko, IMO. For that reason, I'll be cheering for Jojo. But, I don't know, she always seems to find a way to fuck up when she's right on the doorstep of success.

Jarl
I think she'll be fine, as long as Coach Wood doesn't break up with her. A happy Jo Jo is a dangerous Jo Jo.

Therein lies the problem: I cannot "watch" them do anything because the fight will largely be unwatchable. Will anyone watch, frankly?

Is Frankly fighting on this card too? Hell yeah I'll watch.

Wanna see Jojo fight Val, so I hope she pulls it off.

Anyone noticed that Jo Jo is at her best when she's sleeping with her coach? Back when she had all the hype before TUF, she was sleeping with her coach in scottland, then going into TUF their relationship had problems and she started looking like shit. They broke up and Jo Jo went win-loss for a bit there.

Then she moved to syndicate mma and started sleeping with the coach there and she's on a win streak again.

Jo Jo with the Coach's D might be a new mythical sherdog creature if she keeps winning.

Anyone noticed that Jo Jo is at her best when she's sleeping with her coach? Back when she had all the hype before TUF, she was sleeping with her coach in scottland, then going into TUF their relationship had problems and she started looking like shit. They broke up and Jo Jo went win-loss for a bit there.

Then she moved to syndicate mma and started sleeping with the coach there and she's on a win streak again.

Jo Jo with the Coach's D might be a new mythical sherdog creature if she keeps winning.

It's that extra bit of Testosterone that gives Jo Jo that needed boost before the walk out.

They do something similar with horses, I think they pre jerk them off before they are about to race so they end up faster on the track due to agitation or some shit.

They do something similar with horses, I think they pre jerk them off before they are about to race so they end up faster on the track due to agitation or some shit.
The job interview for that position must be interesting.

Lol great theory but like everyone sherdog seems to think has magically improved shes just fighting worse competition.

Jojo, even getting the best D in the world, still loses to Andrade and Calvillo.

This one should be good, I'm always excited for JoJo's fights. Also a great moment to give her the chance to really make a run for the top spots of the division. So far it looks like moving up to flyweight and changing training camps in the process was exactly what she needed to get back on track after a rather disappointing time at strawweight. If she can beat Chookagian she might even be already in line for a shot at the title considering the fact that women's flyweight is still pretty much in the forming stage and nobody seems to have a clue where Nicco Montano's at after she had to vacate the belt. But Katlyn is going to be a tough test already, as promising as Calderwood's last outings have looked.

Lol great theory but like everyone sherdog seems to think has magically improved shes just fighting worse competition.

Jojo, even getting the best D in the world, still loses to Andrade and Calvillo.

Tbh... Jo Jo would need every Brazilian D to stand a chance vs Andrade. As for Calvillo, it'd be at 125, not 115 where Jo Jo looked insanely drained as fuck.

As for Calvillo, it'd be at 125, not 115 where Jo Jo looked insanely drained as fuck.
She wasn't that drained and didn't seem to put maximum effort into that weight cut anyways. She weighed in at 118 for that fight

Going up in fighting-weight is the other factor working in her favor for improvement. As she said herself, trying to make strawweight was serverely impairing her training. She had to spend too much time and energy running. Now she can actually focus on skills in fight camp.

Going up in fighting-weight is the other factor working in her favor for improvement. As she said herself, trying to make strawweight was serverely impairing her training. She had to spend too much time and energy running. Now she can actually focus on skills in fight camp.

She legit missed weight 3 or 4 times trying to get to Strawweight weight limit.

She wasn't that drained and didn't seem to put maximum effort into that weight cut anyways. She weighed in at 118 for that fight
The UFC screwed Jo Jo over by announcing, just a few days after booking her at strawweight, that they were opening up a flyweight division.

They knew she wanted to fight at flyweight and hated the cut to strawweight. She had already fought Letourneau at 125 lbs in the UFC even though there was no division in existence at that time.

Would she have taken that last fight at strawweight if she knew that the division she wanted was opening up right away? I don't know for sure, but it seems like she'd have been better off getting onto the UFC flyweight schedule early rather than late. That's why I said that about the UFC screwing over Jo Jo in this matter. I think they must have kept that information from her.

So... why should she kill herself to make 116 lbs for that last strawweight fight? What was the UFC going to do about her missing weight? Force her to move up to 125 lbs? That's what she wanted anyway!

Last edited:
Tbh... Jo Jo would need every Brazilian D to stand a chance vs Andrade. As for Calvillo, it'd be at 125, not 115 where Jo Jo looked insanely drained as fuck.

Meh as long as Calvillo fought smart and took her down she'd still win. It's a common mistake on sherdog to equate wins over lower level competition as a clear sign of improvement. Shit I've seen Diego Sanchez referred to as resurgent and improved a dozen times since he beat Gall. Tbh hes neither he just faced easier competition.

Back