Calcium Supplements

Thai Muay

Green Belt
Reaction score
I was just wondering, if you get a bigger amount of calcium from your foods or supplements. I was thinking about getting some Calcium tablets but ive heard they are bad for your heart and more calcium goes to your bones from food then tablets.

from memory calcium doesnt absorb easily in the body so most that you take in will be wasted . it has to be consumed with other minerals to be effective. from milk and things like that are best i spose

I was just wondering, if you get a bigger amount of calcium from your foods or supplements. I was thinking about getting some Calcium tablets but ive heard they are bad for your heart and more calcium goes to your bones from food then tablets.

you need vitamin d to get your body to absorb the calcium and a lot of calcium containing foods will have the vitamin d in it (milk comes to mind)

I take 650 mg of calcium in tablet form right now along with vitamin D and magnesium. However...I have heard there are better options such as calcium from eggshell membrane in tablet form, boron, vitamin K2, and silicia. Are any of these other options indeed better than calcium for bone and joint health, and if so, which one is the best option? I'm looking for educated unbiased opinions here, because I don't just want to blindly believe what the woman at the Health shop says, and I know nothing about these alternative options.

Back