Cal State Protests Turn Violent at Ben Shapiro Talk

Don't care. The real tragedy is that universities pay people like Shapiro to come onto campus and give a talk. You have the right to say whatever you want in reason but no one should be giving this clown money for anything. He adds nothing to the academic discourse on anything.

Shapiro just stands up to the liberal academic bullies who go to great lengths to create a hostile college environment full of safe spaces, trigger warning and censorship. No big deal really.
:rolleyes:

Don't agree with the protesters attempts to prevent anyone from speaking their mind.

By the way, does Shapiro always wear a Yarmulke or only sometimes when he is giving a speech or appearing before the public?

Police go where the crime is.
So we're just ignore the fact that the police were instrumental in maintaining segregation and other racist policies and the possible effects this might have on the relationship between police and black communities?
Details please. So the DOJ cleared him, and then didn't clear him? And whatever they didn't clear him on, there wasn't enough to press federal charges?
I'm not talking about Wilson, I'm talking about the Ferguson police department more generally. Or rather the DOJ was.
https://www.justice.gov/sites/defau...5/03/04/ferguson_police_department_report.pdf

If there was a portion of the school population who wanted to see Ben speak, they should've been allowed to do so unimpeded. If there was a portion that wanted to protest, they should also be allowed so long as they do not strong-arm anyone else.

Would've been better if the protesters remained non-aggressive as they protested their cause and ponder how this will be the single highlight their liberal arts education will ever provide for them.

Last edited:
Don't agree with the protesters attempts to prevent anyone from speaking their mind.

By the way, does Shapiro always wear a Yarmulke or only sometimes when he is giving a speech or appearing before the public?
Well he's an Orthodox Jew so whatever their rules are I'm sure he follows them.

There is a subsection of BLM politics that does call for the scrapping of the constitution because it is oppressive. No idea how big it is though

http://afrikanblackcoalition.org/2015/11/04/newconstitution/

That is one of the saddest groups I have ever heard of. The very parchment in which gives you the right to say such stupid things is what they want to scrap.

How disingenuous of him to try and associate the Democrats before the South flipped to today's Democrats. Its also rich for him to insinuate that racist Southerners kept police out of black communities. Sure they didn't care for them and probably didn't put effort into solving the murders there but they were instrumental in establishing and maintaining segregation. So its not like the police weren't in black neighborhoods, they were there but for the wrong reasons and that's why the black community has been historically suspicious of police presence. Of course he mentions that Officer Wilson was vindicated by the DOJ report but, unsurprisingly, fails to mention the 2nd report which validated many of the concerns of the protesters. Shapiro only appreciates half of the facts, the ones that confirm his position.

What happened to him at Cal State sucks though, no one deserves that. As much as I dislike Shapiro the student mobs are worse.

Ironically it was the Republican party that had a bigger majority in wanting to end segregation and the beginning of Civil Rights and the democrats had more opposition. The Republicans essentially digressed on some of the political BS so it could end, even during a Democrats term.

Says a lot about the Republican standard than the Democrats IMO.

I was in the College Republicans while attending UCSD and have been a member of the federalist society since law school. I've experienced first hand the intolerance and bigotry the left has for conservative voices. It says a lot for the strength of their positions and academic rigor that rather than engage in reasoned debate this generation of left wing activists more often than not look to shut conservative voices down through fear and intimidation. This is no different than Soviet era speech suppression. These people are bullies and I'm proud of Ben Shapiro for facing threat of violence to stand up to them.
Conservatives also tar and feather left leaning critics as: communists, marxists, anti American, Anti Semite , anti police etc..

The people preventing students from entering/exiting should be prosecuted. Need to deter this type of totalitarian behavior decisively.

A nice 25-life sentence (parole possible) for a few of those transgressors would send a wonderful message of deterrence for would-be 1st amendment infringers.

So we're just ignore the fact that the police were instrumental in maintaining segregation and other racist policies and the possible effects this might have on the relationship between police and black communities?
No, not ignore it, but accept the fact that it was of a period of time that is long since past. Might as well bring up the fact that white people could own own black people, once upon a time. Oh wait, we hear about that all the fucking time.

In other words, get over it. Being angry about it doesn't benefit yourself in any way, shape, or form.

I'm not talking about Wilson, I'm talking about the Ferguson police department more generally. Or rather the DOJ was.
https://www.justice.gov/sites/defau...5/03/04/ferguson_police_department_report.pdf
Secretary of Justice Loretta Lynch wants increased control over local police departments. There's little wonder she'd release supporting articles and reports that support that power grab.

No, not ignore it, but accept the fact that it was of a period of time that is long since past. Might as well bring up the fact that white people could own own black people, once upon a time. Oh wait, we hear about that all the fucking time.

In other words, get over it. Being angry about it doesn't benefit yourself in any way, shape, or form.
Well I'm not black so none of this has anything to do with me.

But let me ask you this, do you think the racists in the Southern police departments disappeared overnight after the Civil Rights Act was passed? Or, perhaps, they might've remained in power and remained racist? And perhaps continued to target blacks? Jim Crow is well within living memory, to think that there are still remnants of it in the institutions that were crucial to its implementation isn't too far fetched
Secretary of Justice Loretta Lynch wants increased control over local police departments. There's little wonder she'd release supporting articles and reports that support that power grab.
Ah so the only DOJ report you believe is the one you agree with. Gotcha.

Well I'm not black so none of this has anything to do with me.
Didn't mean for it to be a personal message, meant it to be a message to the black community.

But let me ask you this, do you think the racists in the Southern police departments disappeared overnight after the Civil Rights Act was passed? Or, perhaps, they might've remained in power and remained racist? And perhaps continued to target blacks? Jim Crow is well within living memory, to think that there are still remnants of it in the institutions that were crucial to its implementation isn't too far fetched
Are there still racists? To say otherwise is laughable. Of course there's racism, and there will always be racism.

But, that statement of fact is manipulated into painting anyone, especially policemen, as racists until proven not racist. And good luck proving yourself as not racist, once assused of being one.

So, baseless accusations of racism is a very powerful attack and effective means of intimidation. It can ruin one's personal life, professional life, and potentially end their life.

So, 'Not to far fetched' is true, it's within possibility, but any policeman accused of racism should be backed with evidence.

Ah so the only DOJ report you believe is the one you agree with. Gotcha.

The shoe fits. Federal Departments would use any excuse to increase control over local precincts. Don't be naive by doubting that.

Are there still racists? To say otherwise is laughable. Of course there's racism, and there will always be racism.

But, that statement of fact is manipulated into painting anyone, especially policemen, as racists until proven not racist. And good luck proving yourself as not racist, once assused of being one.

So, baseless accusations of racism is a very powerful attack and effective means of intimidation. It can ruin one's personal life, professional life, and potentially end their life.

So, 'Not to far fetched' is true, it's within possibility, but any policeman accused of racism should be backed with evidence.
Its not about individual police officers, its about the department and the way they conduct themselves as a whole. PDs that were instrumental in enforcing racist policies don't change overnight and there's evidence to suggest that in Ferguson the PD was unjustly targeting black people
The shoe fits. Federal Departments would use any excuse to increase control over local precincts. Don't be naive by doubting that.
Maybe but at the same time local police departments have historically been the most racist and oppressive and the Feds have a history of basically calling them out on that so the report is just pointing out yet another example of this.

Its not about individual police officers, its about the department and the way they conduct themselves as a whole. PDs that were instrumental in enforcing racist policies don't change overnight and there's evidence to suggest that in Ferguson the PD was unjustly targeting black people.
No. It is about individual police officers. A department can't be fired.

'Unjustly targeting black people,' is supposed to be implying the police were arresting innocents? To my point that police go where the crime is, and do their job.

Maybe but at the same time local police departments have historically been the most racist and oppressive and the Feds have a history of basically calling them out on that so the report is just pointing out yet another example of this.

Fine, I'll bite. So what shall police departments do to apologize to the black community for all the wrongdoing of the last two centuries of oppression?

No. It is about individual police officers. A department can't be fired.

'Unjustly targeting black people,' is supposed to be implying the police were arresting innocents? To my point that police go where the crime is, and do their job.
Except that the DOJ report, which you conveniently dismiss despite touting the first one, points to a larger systemic issue within the Ferguson police department.
Fine, I'll bite. So what shall police departments do to apologize to the black community for all the wrongdoing of the last two centuries of oppression?
Not unfairly targeting black people would be a nice start.

Except that the DOJ report, which you conveniently dismiss despite touting the first one, points to a larger systemic issue within the Ferguson police department.
You think the DOJ report is credible, and congratulations to you for making that stretch. Let's move on.

Not unfairly targeting black people would be a nice start.
Black victimizers will always use the accusation to stur shit up. Good luck getting them to give up that power.

You think the DOJ report is credible, and congratulations to you for making that stretch. Let's move on.
Like I said earlier, you'll only acknowledge what backs up your view like Shapiro. Only half the facts interest you. The first one is fine because it vindicates Officer Wilson but the 2nd that finds evidence of systemic racism is no good and a plot and a power grab. I'm not surprised at all.
Black victimizers will always use the accusation to stur shit up. Good luck getting them to give up that power.
Sure but that doesn't mean every issue they talk about is invalid. I'm not a fan of BLM or the race baiters but there is a discussion about race to be had.

I don't particularly care about Ben Shapiro but if there were really professors participating in barring students from entering a lecture of his I would hope they are all promptly fired.

professors can't do much themselves but they get students to do it all the time for anyone who is deemed an enemy

I don't particularly care about Ben Shapiro but if there were really professors participating in barring students from entering a lecture of his I would hope they are all promptly fired.

There were professors involved.

Back