Cal picks RJJ - Pavlick "not ready for me"

I've never heard 5th graders discussing KO%.

Well if you did, Seano, then you'd know that even those little 5th graders know that losses and draws are included in someone's KO%.

Well if you did, Seano, then you'd know that even those little 5th graders know that losses and draws are included in someone's KO%.

Since when?

How do you figure KO % on a fight you didn't win? Its irrelevant if you lost.

edit- I don't get how KO% includes losses. Aren't you figuring KO% by fights won?

Since when?

How do you figure KO % on a fight you didn't win? Its irrelevant if you lost.

It's measured by how many opponents you have knocked out, and if you didn't win you also didn't knock your opponent out.

Its also the most stupid stat ever, because of that.

It's measured by how many opponents you have knocked out, and if you didn't win you also didn't knock your opponent out.

Hmm.. I think you're mistaken or else we are viewing different sources on KO%.

Even Sherdogs fight finder seperates KO wins from KO losses.

Think about it, thats like saying Glen Johnson had no KO power because he didn't KO the guys he lost to.

I guess you've got me questioning myself now. I'm pretty sure I've seen KO% figured by wins. Including losses makes no sense. If you lose by KO, does your KO % increase?:icon_lol:

Its also the most stupid stat ever, because of that.

In that case , I agree. I guess I'm missing something.

Let me say IN MY EXPERIENCE, KO % is figured with wins. If thats not the accepted way, I guess I'm wrong.

Saying Glen Johnson has a low KO % because he lost to some guys before fighting Jones is befuddling to me.

Let me say IN MY EXPERIENCE, KO % is figured with wins. If thats not the accepted way, I guess I'm wrong.

You are wrong, Seano.

It's total knockouts you have divided by the number of opponents you've faced in total.

e.g. a fighter with a record of 40-10 with 30 KO's has a KO% of 60 because he's knocked out 60% of his opponents faced.

Who knows what it is. Id be suprised if its even considered an 'official' stat, such is the stupidity of it. It has no relevance, other than to create discussion for fans too ignorant to see the useless nature of it.

Take that.

I want Roy to knock his ass out but it wont happen

You are wrong, Seano.

It's total knockouts you have divided by the number of opponents you've faced in total.

e.g. a fighter with a record of 40-10 with 30 KO's has a KO% of 60 because he's knocked out 60% of his opponents faced.

Source? Seriously, I'd like to know. Not trying to be funny here, my experience is different than yours is all.

I want Roy to knock his ass out but it wont happen

No, he wont. RJJ isnt completely shot as some seem to believe, but hes a good distance from his prime, and many of his tools have dulled. Calzaghe is gonna stay right in his face throwing tons and tons of punches, RJJ doesnt have defensive skills like Bhop, and isnt gonna be able to avoid all the flurries. Calzaghe will throw more punches, be more aggressive, and generally control the fight. RJJ will throw decent flurries in spots, but I dont see this being as close as Hop was against Joe.
Pavlik on the other hand I see as being more of a challenge. Pavlik is the taller fighter, has excellent boxing fundamentals, big power and an awesome work rate. Calzaghe did dominate Kessler, but I think Pavlik has a stronger fighters mentality.
Calzaghe has mentioned retiring many times, but it would be great if he would fight Pavlik after the RJJ fights. In the mean time Im sure Pavlik will find a decent stay busy fight.

Source? Seriously, I'd like to know. Not trying to be funny here, my experience is different than yours is all.

A source is some common sense and a calculator, ya twit.

A source is some common sense and a calculator, ya twit.

Well then fuck that. I've never seen KO% calculated using losses. Ever. It doesn't even make sense. When KO % is brought up, its always in reference to wins. You're figuring either (T)KOs or decisions. How in the world can you factor in a loss? Again, if you get KOed, wouldn't that have to increase your KO %? Fight ended in a KO.

Well then fuck that. I've never seen KO% calculated using losses. Ever. It doesn't even make sense. When KO % is brought up, its always in reference to wins. You're figuring either (T)KOs or decisions. How in the world can you factor in a loss? Again, if you get KOed, wouldn't that have to increase your KO %? Fight ended in a KO.

What?

*sigh*

Here...here's a listing on how it's done;

Career Knockout Percents (List) - The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board

Notice Zarate up top there?

66 wins, 4 losses, and 63 KO's in 70 total fights = KO% of 90%

That means he knocked out 90% of his opponents in total.

I don't agree with that really. He still seems pretty lively. Hes won 3 in a row without struggling.

Roy Jones used to never even lose rounds now he takes rounds off and he isn't the fighter he used to be. Calzaghe knows this and wants to be able to say some day that he beat Roy Jones.

And whats wrong with wanting that? Should he do something that is going to lessen both his wallet and legacy, just because some fans on the internet don't like it?

And whats wrong with wanting that? Should he do something that is going to lessen both his wallet and legacy, just because some fans on the internet don't like it?

He can do whatever he wants I could care less. Just don't expect people to be impressed by beating an over the hill Roy. Glen Johnson did it and Tarver did it twice. If I was him I would fight an old past his prime Roy before I fought a young tough Pavlik too.

For more money and in fifty years time, more prestige. Because thats what this amounts to.

i'd rather see Pavlik fight Abraham before Calzaghe. Pavlik looked pretty slow at 166 against Taylor and he'd have to move up to 168/175 to fight Calzaghe

Back