Caitlin Jenner under fire for being too conservative

It's not a debate, I'm just stating a fact, that Bruce Jenner is a freak.

Translation:

white-flag.jpg

You guys nailed it.

Better understanding your sexuality or, more accurately, having your sexual identity more physically represented, doesn't enhance your understanding of all issues. She is still allowed to be a dummy about public services and the poor.

Well.....yeah. Would the NRA be super silly to not want to be represented by a gun owner who wishes for higher restrictions on firearm variety and access to gun purchase?

Do you understand what an activist group aims to do?

Hint: roots of word is "activism"

Correct. That applies to all activist groups (the NRA, Family Research Council, etc.--all of them) and for obvious reasons.

You should probably read the OP or the link for more.

But it seems that their disagreement is with social programs and whether or not they are always a good thing or a crutch. Or thats what seemed to be his point. So it s not transgender issues they are discussing really. So its great to be a transgender famous person who we can use to promote our sick agenda, but only so long as you are a screaming liberal. As soon a you display any non liberal behavior were gonna have to have a "talk". Thats whats going on here, lets be real.

"Now I'm worried. Caitlyn has every right to be just as conservative as she chooses, but many transgender men and women need social programs to survive and that's nothing to be ashamed of," Boylan says. "Living in the bubble is an impediment to understanding other people. If Cait's going to be a spokesperson for our community, this is something she's going to have to understand."

Is there anything to be ashamed of these days? Flunking out of school, chronic unemployment, being homeless? Let me guess, those are all just things that happen, because the system isn't offering the support you need to succeed?

Shame can be a good thing, and an intense motivating factor.

I think you hit the nail on the head.

We live in a culture that is so soft.

I believe in a physical person having the authority to do what they please with their physical body or their identity..

Right. People can butcher themselves and pretend to be whatever they want. But the thought that "we" should be forced to recognize this is insanity.
We kicked that white girl pretending to be black at NAACP to the curb. This is the same shit.
Chopping your dick off does not make you a woman. Getting a tan and curling your hair does not make you an african-northernamerican. Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken.

An Elivs impersonator can pretend to be the king but that does not entitle him to check out Priscilla Presley's beaver.
hqdefault.jpg

But it seems that their disagreement is with social programs and whether or not they are always a good thing or a crutch. Or thats what seemed to be his point. So it s not transgender issues they are discussing really. So its great to be a transgender famous person who we can use to promote our sick agenda, but only so long as you are a screaming liberal. As soon a you display any non liberal behavior were gonna have to have a "talk". Thats whats going on here, lets be real.

The two posts you quoted went right over your head: let's be real.

Also, I like how favoring funding for demonstrably important public programs and being made uncomfortable by the insinuation that the beneficiaries (for whom your organization advocates) of those programs are lazy dependents is your definitions of liberal hysterics.

If an African American organization were to wish their representatives to be supportive of important political measures that they have researched to be beneficial to the black community, is that liberal brainwash, or is that being a functional fucking organization that understands its purpose?

Do you see where your argument begins to eat itself?

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...vative-politics-rise-to-the-fore-on-i-am-cait

He is free to be whoever he wants...as long as he is exactly what we want him to be.

Apparently, he also said he doesn't support Obama, and has always been "more conservative". I can't wait for Trump to tap him for VP. Liberals heads will explode.

Anyone know why the conversation goes right to unemployment and homelessness for the trans people making them need social programs ? Are they in need of these programs more than normal people ? If so, why ?

Right. People can butcher themselves and pretend to be whatever they want. But the thought that "we" should be forced to recognize this is insanity.
We kicked that white girl pretending to be black at NAACP to the curb. This is the same shit.
Chopping your dick off does not make you a woman. Getting a tan and curling your hair does not make you an african-northernamerican. Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken.

An Elivs impersonator can pretend to be the king but that does not entitle him to check out Priscilla Presley's beaver.

Here's where you lose me. Who is coming to your house and forcing you to call Jenner a woman? Do you not see the people freely referring to Jenner as a male in this thread? I choose to refer to Jenner as a woman because I believe the totality of her person, emotional and now physical, is more representative of what I know to be a woman than what I know to be a man. You're allowed to think otherwise. You're just not allowed to make other people think otherwise.

You're boxing phantoms. You're mad that someone can identify how they want to and that you can't choose what they or other people call them.

Tough titties. Skip the news article. Change the channel. Mind your fucking business.

The two posts you quoted went right over your head: let's be real.

Also, I like how favoring funding for demonstrably important public programs and being made uncomfortable by the insinuation that the beneficiaries (for whom your organization advocates) of those programs are lazy dependents is your definitions of liberal hysterics.

If an African American organization were to wish their representatives to be supportive of important political measures that they have researched to be beneficial to the black community, is that liberal brainwash, or is that being a functional fucking organization that understands its purpose?

Do you see where your argument begins to eat itself?

Nothing went over my head. You are a condescending little bastard arent you. Correct me if im wrong but he never said that program recipients were lazy dependents. He merely made the point that sometimes people can get comfortable not working and getting govt assistance. That sometimes it can seem like one would be better off staying on said programs rather than get a job. Very true statements dont you think ?Their reaction to that is to become nervous and feel like they have to question whether or not he will be a good spokesperson. THAT is liberal hysterics. And Im still confused why welfare is a trans issue ? maybe im ignorant on the subject, but why is it a more important issue for them than anyone else ?

Translation:

white-flag.jpg

This is going to bother me because now I'm going to recognize you as that guy who thinks he beat me like we were having an intense political debate and not just me commenting on a Kardashian freakshow

Nothing went over my head. You are a condescending little bastard arent you.

Yes, when necessary.

Correct me if im wrong but he never said that program recipients were lazy dependents. He merely made the point that sometimes people can get comfortable not working and getting govt assistance. That sometimes it can seem like one would be better off staying on said programs rather than get a job. Very true statements dont you think ?

The offering of "why should I work? You know, I've got a few bucks, I've got my room paid for" promotes the tired myth about welfare recipients preferring not to work or spending comfortably (or even luxuriously) on the state's dime. I urge you to read those two links.

Also, no, I don't agree that that's a true statement, demonstrably speaking. In the Western world, higher entitlements actually correlate positively with worker participation. So, contrary to whatever one might suppose as common knowledge, people don't generally prefer welfare over employment and dependence is a complete and utter myth.

Their reaction to that is to become nervous and feel like they have to question whether or not he will be a good spokesperson. THAT is liberal hysterics. And Im still confused why welfare is a trans issue ? maybe im ignorant on the subject, but why is it a more important issue for them than anyone else ?

Persons of the LGBTQ community are disproportionately represented in the homeless population. This can be attributed to a number of things. I would more closely associate it with the harshness of gender role confusion than any sort of active or purposeful oppression by society. More plainly put, it's harder to be successful when you can't conform yourself to the standards of society.

But, on this topic, I would feel like I was misleading you if I didn't mention that the most overrepresented group in the homeless population by a wide margin, regardless of sexual orientation, are males. They're more likely to be black and they're more likely to be LGBTQ, but overall the biggest indicator is being a man.

Here's where you lose me. Who is coming to your house and forcing you to call Jenner a woman?

Oh, no doubt we are not forced to. What about the planet fitness woman who did not want some pervy guy who thought he was a woman in the dressing room.
Or say a guy who got a sex change fighting women in mma. Or instagram not allowing jenner talk.
Or the outlash of social media persecutors if you say he has not had the struggles that women go through like a famous feminist did---who was immediately attacked for it.

So I am sorry I lost you at the part where you thought that the whole world revolves around what is allowed on this message board. If had known this about you, I would have brought you a stair walking helmet.

This is going to bother me because now I'm going to recognize you as that guy who thinks he beat me like we were having an intense political debate and not just me commenting on a Kardashian freakshow

It wasn't intense. And I wouldn't even credit myself as a winner.

But I'd definitely credit you as a loser. You used a word that had a definition that betrayed your intended point. You tried to cover that up by throwing out an insult and calling someone a freak. And then you completely tucked your dick (not unlike a pre-op Cait Jenner, I would presume) and disengaged.

Don't be mad at me. Be mad at you.

The discussion they were having was about how transgendered people are particularly vulnerable to poverty. Jenner obviously doesn't understand why that would be and just knee-jerked some standard conservative talking points. Obviously in her position, she doesn't understand a lot of the issues facing the community and would have a hard time speaking on its behalf. And that's all that was said about it, really.

Good rebuttal. Your reasoning skills are impeccable.

I don't really get the whole call Jenner a "she/her" on the internet.

If I met Jenner, out of respect I'd call him Cait or whatever, and I'd use the pronouns that he wants me to, but when having a discussion on the internet, I don't really see the need to call Jenner a woman.

Oh, no doubt we are not forced to. What about the planet fitness woman who did not want some pervy guy who thought he was a woman in the dressing room.

It's a business. They do what they want. Again, tough titties, comrade.

Or say a guy who got a sex change fighting women in mma.

I actually am made uncomfortable over this as well and I do think the debate is valid. What I've read about comparable hormone levels and such do quell my concerns a bit, but I'd hardly try to advocate on this issue.

But, again, there's no shortage of criticism of Fox. In fact, I think the overwhelming majority of people, left and right, condemn Fox. The fact that there is no precedent for disallowing her involvement is a matter on its own and is hardly being preserved on the matter of advocacy so much as the matter of bureaucracy. But, once again, you don't really have something to complain about personally.

Or instagram not allowing jenner talk.

Finally, something that has actual relevance. I wasn't aware of this, but I could understand why a company wouldn't want their brand being damaged by the obvious wave of vitriol from both sides. But, in this instance, aren't both sides being censored?

Or the outlash of social media persecutors if you say he has not had the struggles that women go through like a famous feminist did---who was immediately attacked for it.

Again, I'm not sure that I/you know what you're getting at here. The feminist community is fairly divided on the issue of inclusiveness. This is actually a rare issue of personal academic experience for me, if you'd like to more specifically frame your question. And, for the record, I would argue that, yes, there is probably a great deal of shared plight between Jenner and the modern woman.

So I am sorry I lost you at the part where you thought that the whole world revolves around what is allowed on this message board. If had known this about you, I would have brought you a stair walking helmet.

Okay, you're insulting me. This is the only part of your post that has a clear purpose. The "woe-is-me, I'm censored but can't exactly explain how" component is good, but the actual insult is kind of lame. Would you like to give it another shot?

I don't really get the whole call Jenner a "she/her" on the internet.

If I met Jenner, out of respect I'd call him Cait or whatever, and I'd use the pronouns that he wants me to, but when having a discussion on the internet, I don't really see the need to call Jenner a woman.

I'm not particular on that either, unless the pronoun is being politicized.

If someone wishes to call the person a shampoo bottle, I wouldn't much mind. But getting angry at what other people call them (and then parlaying that into some kind of self-pitying victimization) is just....well, sad.

I'm not particular on that either, unless the pronoun is being politicized.

If someone wishes to call the person a shampoo bottle, I wouldn't much mind. But getting angry at what other people call them (and then parlaying that into some kind of self-pitying victimization) is just....well, sad.

Did you see the whole Zoey Tur/Ben Shapiro altercation when he called him "sir"? Reminded me very much of an internet debate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back