Caio vs Gordon in IBJJF gi?

He said in the new MMA interview that he accepted and never heard back from Jacobs. Said he doesn't understand why guys are turning down matches, he'll fight anyone if they can come up with decent money. Said he'd fight a bluebelt for 10k, he's trying to get paid and believes he'll win.

i don't understand either, frankly. do these people not want to make money and increase their notoreity? instead they do IBJJF for free, while some masters 3 blue belt match is happening on the next mat over.

i don't understand either, frankly. do these people not want to make money and increase their notoreity?
Galvao doesn't want risking a loss which could cost him more in the long run. No name guys would have to bet Gordon money which would most likely turn out bad for them.

Galvao doesn't want risking a loss which could cost him more in the long run. No name guys would have to bet Gordon money which would most likely turn out bad for them.

Galvao continually calling himself king and not wanting to defend his crown is going to do more to hurt his brand than losing a match. Especially with the other stuff he runs with.
I'm cancelling my Atosonline membership.

On what planet is/was he ever King? You don't hear guys like Buchecha or Roger saying they're King or all the humble all praise to Jesus stuff.

Gordon built his brand on saying he's King but he won't hesitate to tell someone anyone to come and take his crown and no God stuff mixed in, all his praise to Danaher!

At some point you have to put up or shut up.

Galvao continually calling himself king and not wanting to defend his crown is going to do more to hurt his brand than losing a match.

Galvao is fighting the top no gi guy in his upcoming adcc super fight.

Galvao is fighting the top no gi guy in his upcoming adcc super fight.

Gordon is the number 1 ranked No-Gi guy, Pena lost at ADCC too.

I don't know why Galvao keeps making these posts poking Gordon and then cutting and running. What's the end game? He looks silly.

We know and expect it from Gordon but he's young. Galvao is an older family man who carries himself different most of the time. He ain't about that life.

I haven't can find the original banter in comments but Caio issued an official challenge on Instagram. He will fight Gordon in ibjff for free. Any no gi ruleset for 300k$ and 200k$ for any gi ruleset.
Screenshot_20190114-121657.png

Galvao and Caio are cut from the same cloth.

I think Caio was more likely to do it but Gordon would have looked kinda bad hulk smashing him, he had to get paid good.

In terms of legacy not fightings Felipe's bitch won't hurt Galvao much if he wins against Felipe himself.

In terms of legacy not fightings Felipe's bitch won't hurt Galvao much if he wins against Felipe himself.

Donating 300k to a children's charity in his home town and backing up his talk wouldve really helped his legacy.

I really doubt he's beating Pena, he's semi-retired. He's doing it for the money.

You think he is fighting Pena to win the 10k consolation price?

You think he is fighting Pena to win the 10k consolation price?

I think he probably thinks he's going to win, he has a chance. He'll be there anyway as he'll have guys competing there and it's the olympics of No-Gi Grappling, even if he makes just 10k its still pretty good.

What do you think? He'd do it for free? For "Legacy"?
He retired from IBJJF you know, they don't pay and are supposed to be pretty prestigious.

Galvao has 6 gi world championships already, having 7 won't change much for him. With ADCC super fight he can set a record with the gi he has no chance of matching Buchecha's record.

Galvao has 6 gi world championships already, having 7 won't change much for him. With ADCC super fight he can set a record with the gi he has no chance of matching Buchecha's record.

I was unaware of that. Those super fights always seemed very gimmicky to me, I wish the top guys were back in the brackets for the best matches. It's good they're getting paid though, they earned it.

The match won't happen, Gordon bitched out.

are you retarded? he told caio he would bet him 250k straight up for an IBJJF rules, gi match with caio having an armlock, and caio said no

i wouldnt bet my own 250k either but hilarious to say gordon bitched out, thats one thing hes never done...he talks mad shit then if you get pissed and wanna fuck him up, he shows up and gives you a chance to do it

are you retarded? he told caio he would bet him 250k straight up for an IBJJF rules, gi match with caio having an armlock, and caio said no

i wouldnt bet my own 250k either but hilarious to say gordon bitched out, thats one thing hes never done...he talks mad shit then if you get pissed and wanna fuck him up, he shows up and gives you a chance to do it
A outlandish bet was a way to stop Caio from taking the match. Just like Galvaos million dollar price tag serves the same purpose.

Yeah that's fake news. I follow them both on insta. I watched the whole thing unfold.

First, Caio issued the challenge. Something like $150k, Gordon can pick the rules. Caio started the whole thing. Gordon replied ok, no gi, no time limit, sub only, you can start in an armbar. Gordon started off saying armbar, not any submission.

It was Caio moving the goal posts. I watched the whole thing unfold. It's easy to tell a different story now that the insta stories are expired. Caio started it. Caio kept moving the goal posts.

Also, the biggest money events are no gi as far as I can recall. So I'm not sure about what they're talking about the gi being a bigger selling point.

So now Caio is saying let's do it for free. But seriously, why fight Caio for free if you can make money fighting anyone else?

Caio said gi from the first post, responding to Gordon's call out of Andre.

Gordon is asking Caio to put up 250k as a bet for a dumb match. Caio said let's do a regular match for a purse. Gordon is acting childish to make it seem like he has balls but really he doesn't want the match either.

Caio said gi from the first post, responding to Gordon's call out of Andre.

He said he'll subtract $100k if Gordon chooses gi. But his original challenge said Gordon could choose the rules.

EDIT: Believe what you want. I watched the whole thing unfold. Caio started it with a challenge. Something like $250k bet any rules Gordon wants. And he'll give an extra $100k if Gordon chooses the gi. Gordon responded by saying ok, no gi, any rules, you can have an armbar. All the screen caps and stories are gone so you'll just have to choose who to believe. But like I said, I saw the original challenge by Caio. I saw Gordon accept the challenge. Then Caio kept moving the goal posts and now he's trying to make it look like Gordon backed out because he didn't want to face him in the gi. So in a way, Gordon does look weak because...he looks scared of the gi. But Caio looks corny because he issued a challenge then kept changing the stipulations until they couldn't come to an agreement.

Last edited:
Back