Caio vs Gordon in IBJJF gi?

yetanother

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Do you think this match will happen or will Gordon bitch out?

Is this something to do with social media bickering? I don't think i've ever even thought of that matchup before, let alone considered the possible likelihood (afaik Caio doesn't do absolutes, and they're rarely in the same tournaments anyways).

Is this something to do with social media bickering? I don't think i've ever even thought of that matchup before, let alone considered the possible likelihood (afaik Caio doesn't do absolutes, and they're rarely in the same tournaments anyways).
Caio is trash talking Gordon on Instagram and wants the match.

If it was two or three years ago he (Gordon) would probably do it, since he'd want to show himself vs a big name; when most guys get more established though they will start being picky about it (sort of like how he stopped talking about doing takedown matches after Curran Jacobs offered to face him).

Gordon already said he'll take it, then if he'll back out I don't know.

By the way Gordon is like two Caios put togheter.. and gi might not be his first weapon but he still does have world class grappling, it's not like he's having a match with submissions for the first time in his whole life lol.. between this and Danaher gameplanning something specific, I seriously have no idea what Caio could do.. said with all the respect I have for Caio..

Last edited:
Personally I would be more exited for Caio vs Gordon in the gi then for Galvao vs Gordon in no gi.

I like it any time high level guys ever actually vs each other tbh; doesn't happen nearly enough.

Last edited:
caio would price himself out of this without question

i want to see it with slams allowed so he can rampage bomb him lol

afaik Caio doesn't do absolutes
He's won the American Nationals and Europeans at open weight despite being the size of a heavyweight's leg, in fact. Last big competition I'm aware of him doing the absolute was Euro 2017 Masters.

Gordon wants a 250k$ bet and a fight in no-gi (starting in an extended armbar).

That's a response to Caio. He's basically agreeing the the match and giving Caio the free armbar. Caio backed out.

I would love to see it. Caio is a small dude for sure, and he's got a big hill to climb, but oh how fuckin cool it would be if he wrapped Gordon up and choked him. He's slick and technical, so, you know, anything is possible.

Caio beat a guy I know who is about 260 and a D1 wrestler and mma fighter, also Carlos Farias (who is gigantic) in a local tournament many years ago. Of course, neither of them are Gordon Ryan.

I'd be on the edge of my seat cheering for Caio if this went down

Caio agreed to fight in ibjjf gi for free.

I didn't see that. Last I saw Caio challenged Gordon. $250k whatever rules Gordon wants. He'll give an extra $100k if he beats him in the gi. Gordon responded basically by saying, ok, I'll pick the rules. No gi. No time. Sub only. You get to start in a full armbar. Since then, Caio keeps moving the goal posts.

But saying you'll do it for free is kind of like pricing yourself out. Watch me do it. "Brock Lesnar! I'll fight you any time, anywhere for FREE!" Yeah, why would Brock fight for free when he can get paid? Caio is just looking for ways to back out of what he started.

Gordon can still get paid by a promoter eveneve Caio fights for free.

Back