Caio Terra

Cash Bill 52

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Caio won his division in both gi and no gi on Saturday. Then he went on to win the Absolute in gi and took third in the no gi.

Small guy Jiu jitsu!

Graciemag International Caio Terra’s show in Vegas: “I am a small guy, I did it for fun”

Photos: John Cooper

Caio Terra was the man to beat at the 2010 Las Vegas International Open and the American National Jiu-Jitsu No Gi Championship. Terra, a black belt with Gracie Fighter stole the show on Saturday as he won gold in his gi and no-gi light featherweight division, and in the gi absolute. In the no-gi absolute, he took third, but there was some contention around how that played out.

Caio Terra on the absolute podium. Photos: John Cooper

Terra had two fights in his gi division. In the divisional final, he faced off with his old friend and rival Rafael

Awesome thats my weight :icon_chee

It's unbelievable, but it is true. He will most likely compete in the Absolute at most tournaments from now on. He had like 10 or 11 matches. He flew in late. He is hardly ever up in the morning and his first fight was at 9 am. He went to like 9 pm. Then, we all went out in Vegas. It was a great weekend. I'll post more of my experience tomorrow or the next day.

It's unbelievable, but it is true. He will most likely compete in the Absolute at most tournaments from now on. He had like 10 or 11 matches. He flew in late. He is hardly ever up in the morning and his first fight was at 9 am. He went to like 9 pm. Then, we all went out in Vegas. It was a great weekend. I'll post more of my experience tomorrow or the next day.

Looking forward to it.

That's crazy, I weigh 10 pounds more than him and I complain about being too small to roll with bigger guys… Guess I should just shut up then.

Caio is a true example of the fundamental idea that a small guy with better technique can beat a much larger and stronger guy.

When I explain to people that my 125 lb coach kicks my ass all the time, people have a hard time comprehending it.

Caio is completely amazing...pretty sure Cash Bill already knows how I feel about his haha!

I love watching smaller people compete. One of our lady BBs were rolling around in the advanced class yesterday, she was amazing.

Thanks for posting! That is awesome, congradulate him for me!

Aww man everytime Caio beats Barata I get my ass kicked for the next few weeks. Congrats to Caio he's truly amazing

Caio looked great in Vegas. As always his performance was impressive. Definitely a fan of his jiu jitsu.

Aww man everytime Caio beats Barata I get my ass kicked for the next few weeks. Congrats to Caio he's truly amazing

Dave, I'm sure Rafael will get him soon enough!

Caio is a true example of the fundamental idea that a small guy with better technique can beat a much larger and stronger guy.

When I explain to people that my 125 lb coach kicks my ass all the time, people have a hard time comprehending it.

Does he spend half his time w/ you guys and the other half at ultimate fitness???

Does he spend half his time w/ you guys and the other half at ultimate fitness???

It's like we are all one big dysfunctional,,,I mean happy family...:D

I train at UF on Tuesdays and sometimes Sundays.

It's like we are all one big dysfunctional,,,I mean happy family...:D

I train at UF on Tuesdays and sometimes Sundays.

Ha! Sounds like one big...happy family!

I was j/w bc I was gonna be out there in probably 4-5 months and I was gonna try to get a private or two with him. Thanks for the info though.

Very impressive. Are there any videos of his absolute matches?

Back