Caio Terra needs your help!

Honestly, Caio Terra is my favorite BJJ guy in the entire world.

With that said I tried to be unbiased but...

He is 100% right.

Bruno stalled, didn't get an advantage, and literraly ran for the sidelines, as I was there in person. Caio got screwed, not only at the Pan Ams, but big time at the Worlds. If any other person literally ran for the sidelines like that it would be an easy two points.

And how do we help him?

Speaking of that, if CashBill posts in here, I remember you train w/ Caio and you said something is different about the way he teaches, would you mind shedding some light on that???

And how do we help him?

Speaking of that, if CashBill posts in here, I remember you train w/ Caio and you said something is different about the way he teaches, would you mind shedding some light on that???

Caio is a jiu jitsu genius. Sometimes it is hard to learn from a genius. He has come so far in the last three years. He is developing patience with us jiu jitsu mortals! I am almost 20 years older than him but still I look to him as a "father figure". Then, some days, I think of him like my son.

We are good friends and he has helped my game tremendously. When you are 130 lbs., there is no room for error. When he became my instructor, it was like I had to start from scratch.

If you are the type that likes details, then Caio is great. I sometimes need the cliff note version of the technique he is showing. He likes the fact that I don't give up. I do my best to replicate the technique the way he shows it.

I consider myself very lucky to be his student.

As far as his FB thread goes....I think Caio should have won. Bad calls happen all the time. It must really suck when it happens in a Mundial's final. I think now that the video is available, he was just venting some frustration.

When I watched this on the live stream, I thought Caio won. When I watched it last week, I thought Caio won.

I feel he was screwed by poor officiating and it was just brushed aside because people were too busy complaining about 50/50.

He should have won. Having said that- judging errors happen even at the highest level of BJJ competition. Sad but true.

Caio is a jiu jitsu genius. Sometimes it is hard to learn from a genius. He has come so far in the last three years. He is developing patience with us jiu jitsu mortals! I am almost 20 years older than him but still I look to him as a "father figure". Then, some days, I think of him like my son.

We are good friends and he has helped my game tremendously. When you are 130 lbs., there is no room for error. When he became my instructor, it was like I had to start from scratch.

If you are the type that likes details, then Caio is great. I sometimes need the cliff note version of the technique he is showing. He likes the fact that I don't give up. I do my best to replicate the technique the way he shows it.

I consider myself very lucky to be his student.

As far as his FB thread goes....I think Caio should have won. Bad calls happen all the time. It must really suck when it happens in a Mundial's final. I think now that the video is available, he was just venting some frustration.

Thanks man! I appreciate the insight!

Have to register to Budo Videos to see it? Anyway, I remember I would get up and go to the mat that Caio was fighting on whenever I heard his name. He's great to watch. Can't recall exactly what happened in that fight but I do remember that there were a few iffy calls throughout the day. (I thought Bill Cooper got hosed when the ref gave a late advantage to Kayron.) Unfortunate for Caio that it turned out this way (and I want to say that Bruno is kind of...uh...well...not very likable? I could be wrong though, just my impression of him.)

I had friends that just recently trained with CIao before the world champs.. they speak very, very highly of him..

dz2mg.jpg

flam84.jpg

Even though my professor is like 0-3 against Caio I'm still a big fan. Mundials and Pans I think he got screwed.

Even though my professor is like 0-3 against Caio I'm still a big fan. Mundials and Pans I think he got screwed.

Rafael is a super nice guy. Hung out w/ him last time he came to Arizona, hope to go train w/ him sometime.

well i can't see the video without signing up and i think you need to pay to sign up. But anyways imo its lame to whine online about losing a match.

Was able to attend a couple of his classes recently and although I didn't get a chance to roll with him or train with him directly, his approach to teaching allows his students to find their own motivation so to speak. He may not walk around the class and help each and every student or give any "goooooooodddddd, yes that's it, so good, you're doing great" 's, but the "you're being so nice!" when you're making mistakes really makes you think. He's a tough guy and knows what the hell he's doing/talking about and will earn your respect the very first class you take from him. Plus he's a champ regardless of some shortage of points/advantages.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back