Cain's unrealized GOAT potential

Still plenty of time to walk through Stipe if Overeem, Rothwell, Browne etc don't do it first.

Bigfoot wasn't on TRT during his fights with Cain. His one and only fight with a TUE was against Hunt in Australia.
There is no difference between TRT and the stuff he was on that isn't now.

If Cain defeats Werdum at sea level his record will be top notch. Econoreem might be the only fighter who will be any competition for him.

Hard to believe that list is 7 years long.
And what does he say after the Browne fight: "I want to wait around for a title shot."

I understand it's best for his career, and Cain is a warrior and great fighter. I just get a little irritated when guys like Cain and Weidman rarely fight, and then finally do and talk about waiting some more. War Holm, Cowboy, and the other "true" fighters that actually love fighting.

Cain had great potential. He was incredibly gifted and exciting in his first few fights. Lately, he seems to be taking a page out of Jon Fitches book. I think he's so focused on getting the "W" he's just not exciting anymore. Like it or not, this sport is about entertaining the fans. Just winning isn't enough. If it was only about winning Ben Askren would probably be the UFC WW Champ.

Only going the distance twice in one's career is very Fitchian.

Since better testing started who has he beaten aside from Browne?

Since better testing started who has he beaten aside from Browne?
U missed the whole point of the thread, son.
He never fought frequently enough.

However i must say even now he seemed to have improved alot, adding thise Belfortian kicks to his arsinal.

Cain had great potential. He was incredibly gifted and exciting in his first few fights. Lately, he seems to be taking a page out of Jon Fitches book. I think he's so focused on getting the "W" he's just not exciting anymore. Like it or not, this sport is about entertaining the fans. Just winning isn't enough. If it was only about winning Ben Askren would probably be the UFC WW Champ.
You didn't watch the Browne fight did you?

Only guys that beat him are Werdum and Overeem imo. You need a strong thai clinch game, good crisp striking and either have good takedown defense or be deadly off your back. No one else in the division has these tools except Werdum and Overeem.
At what altitude though?

What keeps Cain far away from being Goat is that can't stay healthy. Cain has 16 fight in 10 years of career, Fedor fought 34 times in his first 10 years,Anderson and GSP 25. JBJ career is close to 8 years and fought 23 times.

No where near GOAT status ever. If we are talking about unrealized GOAT potential it easily has to be Aleksander Emelianenko. Bigger faster strong version of fedor, but just disliked training and was lazy....not to mention he was a crazy psychopath. Plus could have been way more marketable even though he didnt say much, just on looks and fighting style alone.

Great fighter but him always being 1 fight away from a title-shot, coupled by injuries, makes me feel very agitated towards him.

He has ruined and postponed some great fights because of his poor training.

I think he gets beat convincingly by Nog, Fedor, Cro Cop in the primes. Guys like Coleman, Kerr, Igor could all hang with him too when they were at their best.

true.

except not remotely true.

He's an absolute monster, I see his GOAT potential as should most reasonable fans.

Who cares about C level wins like Carwin and Mir when he beat all the top dogs like JDS and Lesnar. Fucks a win over AA gonna do for his resume? The only wins that could improve his resume are: Reem, Doom and Stipe right now. And Stipe just cuz he's champ. His resume ain't that great. Only Doom and Reem are great wins at this point.

U missed the whole point of the thread, son.
He never fought frequently enough.

However i must say even now he seemed to have improved alot, adding thise Belfortian kicks to his arsinal.
you completely missed my point of saying he was only fast and relentless when boosted or enhanced.

He's an absolute monster, I see his GOAT potential as should most reasonable fans.
When you say potential, what potential wins are you referring to? Stipe? Rothwell? Eco reem? Past his prime hunt?

There's not much out there to make your resume off now days

There is time and peoples tunes will change in another fight or two just you wait and see. :D

you completely missed my point of saying he was only fast and relentless when boosted or enhanced.
Nope, I didn't miss anything, at all.
In fact, if u knew what ur talking about, u'd know he'd start getting more injured, which means he'll be fighting less frequently.
If missing point was a worldwide sport, u'd be the intrem champ.

In all seriousness though, Cain looked alot more diverse in striking arsenal than ever against Hapa. He improved after USADA lol.

Back