Cain's switch caused the KO.

What I've been saying. Just some fans are mad, no big deal.

Nah, mostly they just don't understand grappling I think. Understandable that when they see a guy faceplant and it ISN'T because of a suplex they think he did it to himself.

Either way, it was flukey as hell. Cain didn't spin with the purpose of faceplanting JDS and knocking him out. He was jus trying to escape the submission.

It's akin to Coleman's win over Shogun where he broke his arm with a takedown.

So if the outcome was not intended then whats the cause? Had Cain not hit the switch, JDS would not have fell down with Cain, Im trying to figure out who you think caused it? Coleman/Shogun? I dont recall there being a physical injury here except for JDS getting a concussion.

Either way, it was flukey as hell. Cain didn't spin with the purpose of faceplanting JDS and knocking him out. He was jus trying to escape the submission.

It's akin to Coleman's win over Shogun where he broke his arm with a takedown.

it is fucking nothing like coleman's win over shogun, because coleman wasn't beating the ever loving shit out of shogun the entire fight until the finish.

after round 1 i knew jds was done. jds has zero head movement and it is sad to see from a top fighter like him. if he was an actual good boxer then he would have no problems against cain, but since he isn't cain just demolishes him on the feet and on the ground.

jds needs a lot of work.

Cain essentially spiked JDS and should have been disqualified.

that was more of a modified barrel roll than a switch but it had the same effect and yes cain caused it

It wasn't a knock out lol
If it was a knock out, he'd be out, literally out.
He was still fine, moving. He stopped fighting.

14.gif

This settles it. ^^

He was not knocked out. And Cains SUPERB escape should be admired.

I agree. Rewatched sober this morning and it was clearly the way Cain hit the switch, dropping to one hip, which is a very legit move both in BJJ and wrestling.

14.gif

Choke was tight, tha roll switch saved Cain, but I doubt Cain was gonna tap at all, Junior self ddt'd

I speak facts. Cain beat him up the entire fight, but Junior caused the KO.

Did he though? There was no KO. He was fine after he hit the mat until Cain started to throw punches. He covered up. Herb acted a little prematurely.

as my sig says: it was essentially an alternate DDT.

Cain's reaction to the choke, his switch, caused the faceplant.

This man knows.

Burkman vs Fitch is the first and only true effective DDT I've ever seen pulled off in MMA.

Cain was spinning out of the choke, JDS didn't let go and spiked himself into the mat. It was a great fight, Junior gave all that he could give.

umm he wasnt knocked out... he was conscious enough to cover up. some people are fucking morons

I thought that was pretty obvious after the replay. There are plenty of delusional people out there.

Back