Cains striking defense/chin GOT his knee hurt

Druken_Vovchanchyn

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I dont see why so many people are torn on this. Yes Cain did hurt his knee, Yes he screamed and yes he couldn't continue...

He didn't slip on a banana peal, he got cracked on the chin by the hardest hitter in the sport and his legs gave out. Its pretty simple, if cain didnt get punched so hard that he lost control of his legs, he wouldn't have hurt his knee. We can go even further...he said him self a take down early wasnt going to work. What the fuck was he doing using the same plan he said wouldn't work lol.

Even "prime" cain had a suspect chin and a style that would lead to this result. I mean this shit happened in 26 seconds in one of the very first exchanges, his chin was never going to hold up even if that uppercut didn't land.

This was just a really bad match up for Cain, any version of Cain.

Cain needs a cane.

/Career

Last edited:
It’s so obvious that him getting cracked led to him going limp...I mean, look at his left arm!!! Why on earth would his arm do that if it weren’t for him going momentarily night-night?

FantasticPinkGoldeneye-size_restricted.gif

Also, look at his head jerk and twist, look at the ripples on his face, and look at the dead stare in his eyes as he slinks away into the shadow realm...

giphy.gif

Last edited:
His left arm popped too apparently, also his other leg as well. Is normal.

It’s so obvious that him getting cracked led to him going limp...I mean, look at his left arm!!! Why on earth would his arm do that if it weren’t for him going momentarily night-night?

FantasticPinkGoldeneye-size_restricted.gif

lol exactly, not just his arm. He went night night for real lol. Both arms, both legs even his neck gave out. Flash KO,Injury and when he was waking up he was too hurt to keep fighting lol.

Close up of Can's spine exploding from that punch

tenor.gif

Cain seemed very tentative and non-dynamic. He used to have a lot better movement.

Cain has average striking and average striking defense. He always has.

Imo Cain tried to implement the JDS gameplan : push Francis against the fence, dirty box him and tire him out.

He got countered by a beautiful uppercut coming in, got dropped and hurt his knee at the same time.

Great job by Francis, end of story.

Since his knee was screwed up before the fight it obviously made him an easier target. It made him unable to utilize his grappling/wrestling ability. He was able to physically handle a big guy like Brock Lesnar when he was healthy. He needed that type of health to take down a big guy like Ngannou.

At least he did make it to a payday. He should go ahead and retire.

Cain has average striking and average striking defense. He always has.

THIS

Nog, and many others landed on Cain, he has a decent chin, but that doesn't work out so well at HW.

Cain took two short uppercuts from a monster, went out for a split second, like he did against Cheick Kongo, this time his knee popped.

There is no denying his knee popped, he screams in pain as it does, but it is because he went for a low single in a bad spot. DC would not approve.

I dont see why so many people are torn on this. Yes Cain did hurt his knee, Yes he screamed and yes he couldn't continue...

He didn't slip on a banana peal, he got cracked on the chin by the hardest hitter in the sport and his legs gave out. Its pretty simple, if cain didnt get punched so hard that he lost control of his legs, he wouldn't have hurt his knee. We can go even further...he said him self a take down early wasnt going to work. What the fuck was he doing using the same plan he said wouldn't work lol.

Even "prime" cain had a suspect chin and a style that would lead to this result. I mean this shit happened in 26 seconds in one of the very first exchanges, his chin was never going to hold up even if that uppercut didn't land.

no his knee gave out before the punch, the punch just helped settle it, but cain was still alive, there, but his knee didn't let him continue

This is one of the worst threads ive seen in my 14 years of sherdog.

Cain is like Tony Ferguson, really good recovery. Not the greatest chin. I think it has something to do with his neck muscles. The man looks like a bobble head when he moves. I wouldn't be surprised if whatever is causing that makes him more susceptible to KO's.

Cain is like Tony Ferguson, really good recovery. Not the greatest chin. I think it has something to do with his neck muscles. The man looks like a bobble head when he moves, I wouldn't doubt whatever is causing that makes him more susceptible to KO's.

its true but the problem with that is hes getting hit by HW monsters not LWs lol..so he cant really recover

its true but the problem with that is hes getting hit by HW monsters not LWs lol..so he cant really recover
Yeah definitely an issue lol. Oh well so Cain isn't who people thought he was, still a great fighter, hope he can come back healthy. The HW division could use the depth.

Where's his Brown Pride?

Ironically it's the fighter that tko'ed him that has more brown in him then Cain lol, so I guess the real 'Brown Pride' won that fight.
You know what I mean, if you wouldn't know it, Cain could pass as a farmboy in Kansas, he's light enough to pass into 'white man's land and hide there like the rest of them, whereas Ngannou is as dark and brown as can be, lol one has a tattoo on his chest, the other is just brown, yeah real 'Brown Pride' did it's job lol.

Back