Cain's speed might be a deciding factor.

I believe lessons were learned by Cain after the first fight with JDS. Lessons will be learned by the entire MMA community this next rematch, especially if JDS defeats Cain in similar, quick fashion.

What did Cain do in the 1st fight to make you think he can win this rematch

An athlete can clearly see who is the more athletic of these two fighters. Clearly, most of you are not athletes,

This shows that Cain's takedowns are really fast and I believe that if he will be able to make them happen in this fight then he may end up as winner. Or get KTFO and move to LHW
s4s6t4.gif

Cain is the fastest most well rounded opponent he has ever faced. (Gonzaga is an honorable mention, Mir seems a bit Slow in their last fight) He is also the best wrestler. Carwin is the closest in that depart and even then, Carwin resorted to standing and trading with him but his cardio and speed just was not there. Don't get me wrong, Junior is a very dangerous and talented guy and has the tools to knock out Cain again but if Cain is mentally prepared it will be a War and the advantage goes to Cain via speed, cardio, and versatility.

why did u even make this thread? of course it can be a deciding factor in a certain situation, as can anything else...

Cain is the fastest most well rounded opponent he has ever faced. (Gonzaga is an honorable mention, Mir seems a bit Slow in their last fight) He is also the best wrestler. Carwin is the closest in that depart and even then, Carwin resorted to standing and trading with him but his cardio and speed just was not there. Don't get me wrong, Junior is a very dangerous and talented guy and has the tools to knock out Cain again but if Cain is mentally prepared it will be a War and the advantage goes to Cain via speed, cardio, and versatility.

It goes both ways. Dos Santos is the fastest opponent Cain has ever faced. Its one thing to be able to take down huge, slow heavyweights, its another against a fast, light-on-his feet opponent with great movement and great tdd and scramble ability.

Cain and JDS are arguably the two fastest HWs, and while I think Junior has the faster hands, I think Cain's overall speed and athleticism is better than Junior's. I haven't seen a whole lot of talk about this, but what do you think? I think Cain's generally the faster guy, and this could be a deciding factor if Junior's lightning hands don't catch him again (which they very well might).

Nope, JDS combinations and overall striking awareness are on another level than Cains.

Cains way to win this fight is to out-cardio JDS with wrestling. Everyone says JDS has amazing TDD, but after a few rounds of fending off takedowns Cains experience will takeover and JDS will begin the gassing process.

Once Cain has JDS gassing he will start to win the exchanges and dominate.

Nope, JDS combinations and overall striking awareness are on another level than Cains.

Cains way to win this fight is to out-cardio JDS with wrestling. Everyone says JDS has amazing TDD, but after a few rounds of fending off takedowns Cains experience will takeover and JDS will begin the gassing process.

Once Cain has JDS gassing he will start to win the exchanges and dominate.

Its possible, but I think you're looking at things a little simplistically. JDS is great at maintaining distance with his footwork, has been in all his fights. It won't be as easy for Cain to constantly shoot as it was against his previous opponents who just stood in front of him. Also constantly spamming takedowns will leave him open to some vicious counters. JDS is great at countering.

Only four more days until we find out who's the better fighter once and for all

Doubt it

Another quick KO for JDS won't be enough for most Cain fans, they will still say:

It was a lucky punch
Cain would have won if he didn't get KO'd
Cain is the better fighter that fight didn't prove anything
Its not fair, he got hit behind the ear/on the temple/on the chin etc

the way cain took down bigfoot was ridiculous. the explosion through his movements was something that he never really implemented in the first fight. if he comes in aggressive and sticking to his level changing chain wrestling, we have ourselves a war.

the way cain took down bigfoot was ridiculous. the explosion through his movements was something that he never really implemented in the first fight. if he comes in aggressive and sticking to his level changing chain wrestling, we have ourselves a war.

Dude its bigfoot? Plus its not like Bigfoot wasn't trying to kick or anything.

The guy lost his balance kicking Travis Browne.

Its possible, but I think you're looking at things a little simplistically. JDS is great at maintaining distance with his footwork, has been in all his fights. It won't be as easy for Cain to constantly shoot as it was against his previous opponents who just stood in front of him. Also constantly spamming takedowns will leave him open to some vicious counters. JDS is great at countering.

I didn't mean constantly shoot, but time the takedowns and lure JDS into over-committing. JDS is not a wrestler and that will show if hes really tested against someone like Cain.

Cain and JDS are arguably the two fastest HWs, and while I think Junior has the faster hands, I think Cain's overall speed and athleticism is better than Junior's. I haven't seen a whole lot of talk about this, but what do you think? I think Cain's generally the faster guy, and this could be a deciding factor if Junior's lightning hands don't catch him again (which they very well might).

I'd have to ask what you are smoking, and it's why you haven't seen a lot of talk about it. JDS has the best speed and footwork at HW period.

JDS has faster hands and better footwork.

There is no speed advantage for Cain.

JDS by (t)ko in the second round if not earlier.

Cain is just as fast. It's why I was excited for the fight the first time, and why I'm still excited. You can even see in the first match there was an apparent exchange where both fighters pulled the trigger and Cain actually lands first with a short hook if I'm not mistaken, and it appears that JDS landed a body shot. The commentators didn't catch it, so it might have been overlooked by a lot of people. But the bomb landed before we got to see anymore tests of speed.

The thing that takes away from the excitement just a little bit, is that it's basically everything short of a fact that JDS has the better chin. Not just a better chin, but a monster chin. He's taken direct hits from some of the biggest HWs and hardly flinched. I don't see Cain's strikes giving him problems unless he works some amazing legs kicks to soften him up for a constant takedown/wrestling attack.

JDS is as fast, arguably more powerful, more accurate, and has the chin to make the difference in a stand up fight. Money on JDS 70/30 unless Cain sticks to his bread and butter. He has vicious striking, but he has no regard for defense when he gets into his sloppy exchanges, and he doesn't have the chin to excuse his mistakes.

Fingers crossed for the war that should have been the first fight.

If the tight, crisp Cain that used head movement and clean kickboxing against Nogueira comes into this fight and also shows the wrestling and ground-and-pound he used against Bigfoot, JDS may be in for a rough night.

But that's all speculative and meaningless. I just know Cain can be great. He needs to show it again. We've seen JDS' greatness time and time again.

Back