Cain's speed might be a deciding factor.

why is cain faster, because he looked quick against Nog? Everybody looks quick against nog.

nog1.gif

:D

Cain is an exciting fighter who is able to fight with a high pace, but he isn

velasquez is going to put dos santos's athleticism to the test. i see cain taking a page out of gsp's book, and mixing the stand-up with takedown threats to keep junior guessing.

cain avoids the big punch this time around and wins a unanimous decision.

I don't know about the footwork, I'd honestly say it's up for grabs and maybe even Junior holding an advantage. But you said yourself JDS has the faster hands, and with Cain showing that he's not the hardest guy to hit in the past, I'd see any footwork being nullified.

The deciding factor, and I think most would agree, is going to be on the wrestling. Can Cain take him down? If so, can he keep him down? And can he do all this before Junior catches him with another well a placed shot that puts him right back in the losing column.

I just don't see Cain being able to go five full rounds without getting caught. And I honestly don't see him being able to put Junior away unless he opens a cut on him similar to the fight with Bigfoot. Really starting to get stoked about this fight now that it's almost here though. I think everyone has this feeling that we kind of got robbed of how epic this fight has the potential to be the first time around. Of course it can always end just as fast too...

all you need to know is that Cain is not taking JDS down and we all know what happens standing.

JDS is far more talented fighter and overall MUCH better athlete.

Cain is an All American HW wrestler.....no, he's just a marginal athlete!

If Cain was smart he'd take this to the mat and beat Junior up, IF he can. Thats the big question. I hear from good sources that Cain wants to prove his stand-up like DC has lately....and that could be a mistake if he doesn't at least show he can TD JDS

I didnt say Cain isnt good athlete. But JDS is just something special. Cain might win this one, but Junior has so much more potential than Velasquez.

If Cain was smart he'd take this to the mat and beat Junior up, IF he can. Thats the big question. I hear from good sources that Cain wants to prove his stand-up like DC has lately....and that could be a mistake if he doesn't at least show he can TD JDS

I remember leading up to the first fight I made a thread quoting Cain saying he had no problems striking with JDS. Most of it was responded with "Every fighter says the same old BS." But I generally do believe Cain may want to prove something.

I know trying to analyze every detail of a 60 second fight can almost become irrelevant, but outside of the one attempted take down, it did seem Cain was more than comfortable to keep it standing.

Well straight from the sources that have known DC for years, he says that after the first fight Cain is even more determined to show he can stand with JDS. Is this merely misinformation, I guess we will all see very soon. I do think this fight will last a lot longer than the first. I truly believe Cain will try to smother JDS a little more, cause I cannot see anyone standing at about 80" with JDS and taking big shots to the head. That's not a good strategy! He needs to be close/clinching and throwing body shots and dirty box JDS or be circling away from the powerful right. It should be a good match-up.

I would say JDS is the overall better athlete.

I remember leading up to the first fight I made a thread quoting Cain saying he had no problems striking with JDS. Most of it was responded with "Every fighter says the same old BS." But I generally do believe Cain may want to prove something.

I know trying to analyze every detail of a 60 second fight can almost become irrelevant, but outside of the one attempted take down, it did seem Cain was more than comfortable to keep it standing.

He may want to prove something, but in most of Cain's fights, he strikes until he starts getting hit and then he goes for the takedown. It's not like it's outside his character or style to strike with opponents for an extended amount of time.

He may want to prove something, but in most of Cain's fights, he strikes until he starts getting hit and then he goes for the takedown. It's not like it's outside his character or style to strike with opponents for an extended amount of time.

Yeah, but as the first fight proved, he may not have the chance to go for take downs once he starts getting hit. If he tries to prove something without immediately putting pressure on JDS, the fight could very well end in the same fashion as the first.

Maybe cain learned to move his head and striking defense, maybe not. The BF fight showed nothing new, odds are that he is the same fighter that JDS KO'd.

It's only a bunch of shoulda woulda coulda.

Really looking forward to this - but I fear that even though Cain will put up a longer fight, it's inevitable that it will end with the same result as last time - leaving Cain in an awkward position at the prime of his career.

A lot of the things said about Cain don't really have a lot of substance behind them.

He's no Brandon Vera, but he's got a lot of the similar type of hype behind him.

Back