Cain's speed might be a deciding factor.

The only thing Cain is faster is shooting takedowns, he got some really fast transitions but in terms of striking JDS is much more agile, faster footwork etc...
I don't know about speed as in running but it doesn't matter for mma.

This shows that Cain's takedowns are really fast and I believe that if he will be able to make them happen in this fight then he may end up as winner. Or get KTFO and move to LHW
s4s6t4.gif

Except that Bigfoot is probably the slowest HW in UFC.

cains to fast for him and will take him down and finish him with gnp

I have a feeling you won't be here after cain loses to JDS again..but you should stick around anyways

I think that gif shows his speed in relation to bigfoots. Yeah he's fast, yeah he's athletic but is there any evidence to assume it's a given that he holds both of these as advantages over JDS? I dont think so, and it's certainly up for debate.

Except that Bigfoot is probably the slowest HW in UFC.

Bigfoot may be slow BUT that takedown was performed in less than 1 second what is pretty impressive. I know JDS can hit and step out in 1 second too, so I guess this will be a serious battle of speed.

Second fight. Same assertion that has been debunked. Some people never learn.

This shows that Cain's takedowns are really fast and I believe that if he will be able to make them happen in this fight then he may end up as winner. Or get KTFO and move to LHW
s4s6t4.gif

Bigfoot is slow. Bigfoot slipped. JDS would probably have stood up quickly after this.

Bigfoot may be slow BUT that takedown was performed in less than 1 second what is pretty impressive. I know JDS can hit and step out in 1 second too, so I guess this will be a serious battle of speed.

The last line is what it pretty much boils down to. Their speed is probably fairly comparable which is what I was getting at in my original post, that it's basically debatable who holds a speed advantage over the other. Whereas OP assumes Cain has the advantage in that area-to which there is no real evidence

The only thing Cain is faster is shooting takedowns, he got some really fast transitions but in terms of striking JDS is much more agile, faster footwork etc...
I don't know about speed as in running but it doesn't matter for mma.

Not if you ask some Diaz fans.

Let's face it, neither guy has a huge advantage over the other in terms of athleticism or explosiveness.

The better fighter will win, plain and simple.

Here's to a great fight! :p

Cain and JDS are arguably the two fastest HWs, and while I think Junior has the faster hands, I think Cain's overall speed and athleticism is better than Junior's. I haven't seen a whole lot of talk about this, but what do you think? I think Cain's generally the faster guy, and this could be a deciding factor if Junior's lightning hands don't catch him again (which they very well might).

Juniors movement will be the deciding factor,if you watch Cain vs Big Nog you will see he gets tagged alot,but still manages to get some real nice combos off and finishes nog,now watch the Jds vs cain fight and every time cain does his usual feint move his head side to side punch and kick combo junior was throwing and moving away getting kicked on his lead leg.

Just the way Junior moved seemed to neutralize Cains whole standup attack,the whole i didnt pressure him like i usually do is bs he fought how he always does but fought someone who doesnt stand still and can throw bombs.

If Cain is to win this fight he needs to throw leg kicks keep circling get junior up against the cage and make him work and tire himself,while he works for takedowns,Junior keeps the distance to well and throws heat with his hands to simply shoot for a doubleleg

Cain's speed didn't save him from JDS' bomb the first time around. It's amazing how people forget that first fight even happened.

How could you read from my post that I forgot about the first fight? I said JDS has faster hands and can very likely catch him again, but that has nothing to do with Cain being generally slower. His striking defense is bad, and technically, JDS is much better on the feet - he's just far ahead of Cain in every aspect there.

What I think people are ignoring here is that Cain is very flexible and athletic on the ground, and he grabs that single leg VERY fast. He looked very fluid on the ground against Kongo, for example, basically crawling all over him as he wanted to. Kongo is rather stiff and not very athletic, I know, but Cain made him look like a complete amateur. I still think he moves his body around faster than JDS, but maybe I'll stand corrected after this second fight. Hand speed and footwork is no contest though, I agree.

Let's face it, neither guy has a huge advantage over the other in terms of athleticism or explosiveness.

The better fighter will win, plain and simple.

Here's to a great fight! :p

I agree with this, of course. I said that his speed COULD be a deciding factor.

Why are people obsessed with Cains cardio? Didn't help him much when JDS punched him.

That perfectly landed takedown against Bigfoot says more about homework than about Cain's speed. Can himself has said Silva starts his every fight with a low kick and that he specifically trained to catch it.

That perfectly landed takedown against Bigfoot says more about homework than about Cain's speed. Can himself has said Silva starts his every fight with a low kick and that he specifically trained to catch it.

I hadn't heard that, but that's very interesting.

why is cain faster, because he looked quick against Nog? Everybody looks quick against nog.

Back