Cains secret weapon

I noticed this as well. I knew it was legal to "headfight" in the clinch, but Cain bumped heads pretty hard with Junior a few times. I guess it comes with the style, and I wouldn't go saying that it affected the end result that much.

His head!
I thought headbutting was illegal but he does it ALL THE TIME, his combos go left right , lead with the head into the clinch.
I was supporting Cain all the way tonight but I did feel that was borderline at best.

As a former wrestler I can tell you that any wrestler looking to tie up (clinch) will lead with their head. The goal is to get the upper part of your forehead into your opponent's neck, because it pushes their head away and makes them off balance. It is a very effective tie up that makes it difficult for your opponent to mount any offense and also opens up a lot of options for you in terms of takedowns. I have never trained MMA, but I can't think of any reason that it wouldn't be just as desirable in MMA as in wrestling.

You are correct that this will lead to occasional head butting, but it is (usually) inadvertent. I see no reason not to give Cain the benefit of the doubt on this and say he was just using a common and effective wrestling technique.

It's hard to throw hooks at a head that is right on your chest. JDS was finally starting to wise up and throw elbows. If they fight again, I see JDS throwing a lot of elbows early next time if he gets pushed against the cage again. Still think Cain will come out with the win again though.

Reported.
6vedaus

His head!
I thought headbutting was illegal but he does it ALL THE TIME, his combos go left right , lead with the head into the clinch.
I was supporting Cain all the way tonight but I did feel that was borderline at best.

that's not headbutting. wrestlers use their heads in the clinch to control their opponent's position. there is no striking with the head. not sure why you're crying about this, except maybe out of ignorance.

Not too sure how u can a avoid it. Not really a fan of it, but it's effective and like I said, not sure how u could stop it

Back