Cain's personality

Greyscale

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
So, now it's really obvious that Cain Velasquez is the best HW in the history of the sport.

Many didn't like his safe approach tactics. But he is the champion and is going to be around at least for a while. But that's not what I want to talk about.

We know everything about Cain as a fighter. He has good stand up, good speed, great wrestling and otherworldly conditioning. He is not always entertaining, never puts himself at unnecessary risk but still does the job.

HW is the face of the sport. What can we say about Cain as the face of MMA? He's always quiet and respectful. Never talks trash. Never clown around or taunt. Just a silent guy with the looks of an ordinary bruiser with a "Brown pride" tat on his chest. What else can we say about him?

I mean, remember how polarizing Fedor or Lesnar were? Something is telling me there isn't going to be many terminator shoops with Cain, or a cult worshipping him. Just a guy who is the best. Nothing more.

Thoughts?

Yeah, but there is nothing wrong with it. He does his talking in the "octagon".

I like a dominate, humble, non-cartoonish HW champ.

All the champs are kinda 'boring', if you think about it. How much personality does Pettis have, for example?

This thread is weird. Are you wondering if Cain will be popular? If he is worth watching?

I'd rather not have a TMZ champ, thank you very much.

I like a dominate, humble, non-cartoonish HW champ.

All the champs are kinda 'boring', if you think about it. How much personality does Pettis have, for example?

This thread is weird. Are you wondering if Cain will be popular? If he is worth watching?

I'd rather not have a TMZ champ, thank you very much.

Pettis doesn't need one. He uses techniques we see only in action movies. Doubt we ever see a Showtime kick from Cain though.

fedor was the same way, fans just projected all sorts of personality on him and thought his quotes were epic because they came from him

and to be fair, cain vs jds 2 and 3 were better fights than fedor vs cc

in the SPORT? All time? I hope you just mean at this point in time.

People like mysterious guys like Anderson and Fedor so they can build them up as super heroes in their mind. Cain is just regular dude that happens to be able to beat up every man on the planet.

fedor was the same way, fans just projected all sorts of personality on him and thought his quotes were epic because they came from him

Good point. Fedor has never been especially vocal. But he always came out guns blazing, never used safe approach. That what made him godlike, even though I'm not a fan of his. Can you imagine Cain being randleplexed? Or knocking out Arlovski like Fedor did? Or being dominated for 5 rounds and pull off some crazy sub like Anderson?

No, I dont really think so I enjoyed Fedor vs Crocop way more personally.

No one's are.

So what's your point? He's not exciting 100% of the time?

You fans are hopeless.

Look. You have 2 cars: 1955 Bentley R-Type Continental and 2010 Ford Focus. Both would drive you home with Focus probably being even more safe and reliable. But Focus is just a car while Bentley is an object of luxury.

That's what I'm talking about. Cain just does his job calmly and predictably. That takes some shock away.

in the SPORT? All time? I hope you just mean at this point in time.

Cain is better than Fedor in his prime, better than Fedor and everyone he beat ever were. Not that I'm Cain's #1 nuthugger, but this is just undeniable. I don't see 2005 or 2006 Fedor offering much to present time Cain, much less 2000 Fedor who had problems with Arona or Fedor of 2011 who was beaten badly by Silva.

In my book, the only possible threat to Cain is Cormier but they would never fight. Cormier has the hand speed and wrestling to hang with Cain, although he's no match for his gas tank.

People like mysterious guys like Anderson and Fedor so they can build them up as super heroes in their mind. Cain is just regular dude that happens to be able to beat up every man on the planet.

Excuse me!

tyson-fury-o.gif

This man disagrees.

I dont think he's the best hw ever, i still think fedor was more dominant for longer against all different kinds of opponents. But cain is on his way for sure

Back