cain's performance proved 1rst fight was a fluke

So Shogun/Machida II was a fluke too, as well as every quick KO?

a knockout isn't a fluke lol, Cain was knocked out. Cain came back avoided the big shots this time by going to pressure take downs right away, he obviosly didnt want to stand toe to toe with JDS right away, or at least while he was at his strongest

Nope. Cain had ring rust and came with the wrong gameplan the first time.

I think this fight proved Junior was too focused on Overeem and paid for it by overlooking Cain.

Horrible, horrible, horrible mistake on JDS' part

If they fought 100 times it would prob be 50/50.. The first fight was no fluke and neither was this one. Both are at the top of the HW division and shit happens!

fluke isn't a word many people will accept so I prefer this: the first fight didn't PROVE anything other than jds has great power early.

-it didn't prove JDS could handle cain's wrestling
-it didn't prove JDS could handle cain's pace

so going into this fight, it was like they never fought before as far as I'm concerned, because quick ko's (no matter who it is) mean virtually nothing

Finally an intelligent post in all this bullshit, butthurt, nonsense that has been spewed tonight. Its amazing how quick MMA fans turn. Fucking disgusting to even call myself a MMA fan.

KO's are not flukes...

quick ko's (no matter who it is) mean virtually nothing

Yeah, except that you have the ability to knock them out and do whatever you want with their lifeless body afterwards. Cain did pretty much the same thing except he didn't finish him. I'd rather survive an onslaught and fight on as opposed to going unconscious.

JDS looked as awful in the first minute of this fight as anyone has ever in the cage.
There are no flukes in MMA. Cain got knocked out because he had shitty head movement and was slow out of the blocks. JDS lost this because he had shitty head movement and was slow out of the blocks.

This^^^^^^

i truly believe if these guys fought 10x cain would come out on top and win a majority of those fights by decision like tonight's match.

The only flukes are bad judges' decisions. If a fight was won by a punch -- no matter how early in the fight it comes -- it's because that was a trained skill.

Back