Cains Legacy

no way JDS places above him, NO way.
Well JDS beat him once and he beat JDS twice... then when you look at their other name wins JDS has more of them and arguably better ones. Stipe and Werdum>Brock and Bigfoot for example.

Cain has an amazing legacy of beating JDS twice.

Truly, truly one of the best. Kappa

This isn't based on much though... he has some big wins in JDS, Brock and Bigfoot (maybe Rothwell too but I don't think Rothwell was as good yet back then, it was a long time ago) but he isn't a GSP or Anderson figure who ran through a division. He hasn't beaten Werdum, Stipe, Overeem, or Barnett and in fact lost to Werdum so it's hard to extrapolate him being close to unbeatable "when healthy".

He has wins over 3 guys that were considered great wins at the time, that's more like a Pettis resume than a long term divisional dominator.

Its how he beat them though, he did infact just totally run them all over with ease

His wins over JDS were something else, that was prime JDS who was on a 9 or 10 fight win streak over basically the entire division, and Cain comes out and totally dismantles him in fights 2 and 3

Dismantles Travis Browne, Big Nog, Big foot, Rothwell too

None of them were even remotely close to being in the fight, they were just there while Cain put a beating on them

No other heavyweight can run people over like Cain can

Well JDS beat him once and he beat JDS twice... then when you look at their other name wins JDS has more of them and arguably better ones. Stipe and Werdum>Brock and Bigfoot for example.
He didnt just beat him twice, he beat him once and gave the worse beatdown in HW history that took years off another top 10 HWs life or at least mental life.

If Cain were to retire today where does he stand In heavyweight history.

The biggest talent with the most potential to have been the modern HW GOAT, unfortunately injuries derailed that.

His legacy will be that he had no legacy even though he had all the tools to be the best.

He didnt just beat him twice, he beat him once and gave the worse beatdown in HW history that took years off another top 10 HWs life or at least mental life.
Yes but my point was that JDS is proven against a bigger sample size of good HWs while Cain is proven against a smaller sample, so you could definitely argue JDS ahead.

The HW list is not imposing imho, Talent wise he is number 1, accomplishments top 5, no way JDS places above him, NO way. And where is Coleman, he did more than half that top ten.

Larry Holmes > Muhammad Ali all time.

NO WAY Ali places above him <36>

I will remember Cain as a hesitant warrior. It seems like if it's not 70degrees in his head, he gets insecure,tweaks something and bails on the fight. Fighters fight. Cain has #1 talent, but lacks the toughness needed to achieve that status.

Cain is not in my top 10

Back