Cains beats Jones in Superfight

Jones has no stopping power, Cain chews him up and spits him out.

True, but I think everyone is in agreement if DC could have kept that 2nd round pace all fight it would have been a war. Jones took over in the championship rounds where his cardio and heart persevered. And I think the subtle differences in DC and Cain's clinch game along with the body type difference could really be affective against Jones using the same strategy DC used last night of nonstop aggressiveness to close the distance and dogfight

Jones will be just as big against Cain if not more so with HW size.

As long as Jones keeps his cardio when he moves up Cain is toast.

Hell this thread is foolish until Cain starts fighting again.

I can't even remember the last time he fought someone.

I just can't pick JBJ over Cain. JBJ is a technical master of MMA, he's got amazing cardio, a spectacular chin, he's the perfect fighter. But Cain is an animal. The way he beats guys isn't pretty, it's savage. I'd still pick him over Jones, probably by UD or TKO.

I'd favor Cain, but it would be a close fight. And like another poster mentioned, by the time they fight Jones will be better and Cain may be on the decline due to injuries.

Either way, this could easily be the biggest fight in UFC history. The only fight that would have been bigger would have been Jones/Silva when Silva was still champ.

Cain wins at HW, Jones wins at LHW. Why is the champ of LHW questioned about moving up - why isn't Cain questioned about moving down for challenges? The HWT division is threadbare as all hell.

Jones loses today but in a few years he could do it. When Cain isn't injured he's on a whole different level but I would never bet against Jones.

Jones will be just as big against Cain if not more so with HW size.

As long as Jones keeps his cardio when he moves up Cain is toast.

Hell this thread is foolish until Cain starts fighting again.

I can't even remember the last time he fought someone.

Yeah they'd be the same size, but Jones was able to lean down on Cormier making him drag more of the weight in the clinch. Cain is same height as Jones so he won't be able to utilize this technique.

True it would be nice if Cain didn't get injured, but he'll be the reasonable favorite against Werdum and as long as he hasn't lost a step its hard to argue anyone at HW beats him

There is a difference between fighting slow and talentless heavyweights in a shallow division or fighting against the greatest fighter of all time. DC found this out the hard way and is now crying his eyes out. The same would happen to Cain.

Cain wins at HW, Jones wins at LHW. Why is the champ of LHW questioned about moving up - why isn't Cain questioned about moving down for challenges? The HWT division is threadbare as all hell.

The only thing good about HWs is the size that's it. But size doesn't mean skill I think last night proved that.

At the post fight press conference Jones said he would take this fight in a heartbeat. If he beats Gus/Rumble and Cain beats Werdum, I think its feasible to do it that soon.

Does anyone think Jones wins after seeing how DC fought early, especially in rd2? Replace DC with Cain in that fight using the same strategy and Cain never wears down after the 3rd. Jones would get outworked and out muscled in the clinch against Cain with his cardio and aggressiveness.

I also think this would be the best fight ever.

Discuss

Nothing from that fight last night suggest to me that Cain would be favourite against Bones. I still think Gustafsson is Jon's biggest nightmare in the entire UFC roster.

I not sure whether Jon can beat Gustafsson in a rematch. If I believe his quote 'That he didn't train wrestling for that camp' then sure I'd heavily favour Jon but I'm not sure that's true in such a high profile high $ fight.

Cain on the other hand matches up well to Jon. He probably fares a little better than Cormier BUT Jon's still improving. I'd heavily favour Jones.

Yeah they'd be the same size, but Jones was able to lean down on Cormier making him drag more of the weight in the clinch. Cain is same height as Jones so he won't be able to utilize this technique.

True it would be nice if Cain didn't get injured, but he'll be the reasonable favorite against Werdum and as long as he hasn't lost a step its hard to argue anyone at HW beats him

Cain is listed at 6ft 1, Jones is listed at 6ft 4. And standing next to each other Jones looks more than 3 inches taller.

So No Jones would still be the taller, longer fighter. It remains to be seen who has the better wrestling after last night I'd say Jones. Since he roughed up Cain's coach.

Jones is also more durable IMO, and smarter. The only slight advantage I give Cain is power.

Jones has often talked about fighting at heavy in the future, Cain has never indicated a lust to move down.

I believe Cain tko's Jon and makes it look UGLY. Cain , Gustafsson and Werdum are the only 3 people I favour against Jones in the UFC.

lol 'in a heartbeat' my ass. He would need to talk to his coaches and need at least a year to train. Guy wouldn't even fight Sonnen in a heartbeat.

Plus Jones would never beat Cain.

Lol. Jones beats EVERYONE. It's not that complicated.

Guys,

Take the Stipe Maldonado fight to see a difference between LHW and HW power.

Rampage and Glover were beating the crap out of Maldonado and it took almost forever to hurt or put him away.

Stipe did it in a couple of punches. Heck the first one that landed made Maldonado see sound.

Lol @ everyone who changed their mind after tonight.

I knew Jones would wreck Cain before I was born.

Back