Cains beats Jones in Superfight

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Joseph Budden, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Joseph Budden

Joseph Budden Banned Banned

At the post fight press conference Jones said he would take this fight in a heartbeat. If he beats Gus/Rumble and Cain beats Werdum, I think its feasible to do it that soon.

Does anyone think Jones wins after seeing how DC fought early, especially in rd2? Replace DC with Cain in that fight using the same strategy and Cain never wears down after the 3rd. Jones would get outworked and out muscled in the clinch against Cain with his cardio and aggressiveness.

I also think this would be the best fight ever.

Discuss

2. pvora90266

pvora90266 Brown Belt

Cain can't use DC's strategy in round 2 step for step because he doesn't have the speed DC has. It's a different fight, who knows what happens. And Cain isn't as good in the clinch as DC. Technique wise, but maybe can't out muscle.

3. Joseph Budden

Cain's offensive wrestling might not be as good in the clinch as DC, but thats it. Hes just as good as in-fighting in there, and will keep just as high of a pace without ever slowing down. I don't think they are that far off in speed either, and I think Cain will be stronger and has a better body type to not get worn down at all by Jones' size like DC was.

4. jimbob27

jimbob27 Ken Shamrock Belt

Cain has cardio for days when he fights a kickboxer who can't wrestle. It's not gonna be the same story if he fights Jones.

5. GSPenn1991

GSPenn1991 Purple Belt

After the dc fight, I have no idea with jones. He's a phenomenal fighter and I wouldn't put anyone past him after last night.

6. McSpikes

McSpikes Purple Belt

A lot of guys have cardio for days when their the ones on top doing the beatdown. The fight would go pretty similar to the DC one I''d assume

7. Joseph Budden

I think that will definitely be one of the most if not the most intriguing aspect of the fight, for sure. Cain thrashed the best wrestler he ever fought (Brock) real quick and no one else has even been close to Jones' level of wrestling on Cain's resume. Hard to say really say how he would hold up due to the unknown factor of that situation.

8. chromesoldier

chromesoldier White Belt

Jones wins

9. Redhawks100

Redhawks100 Gold Belt

He does.

Rounds 1-3 were extremely competitive but Cormier didn't have the cardio to continue that kind of fight. Cain does.

10. Phisher

Phisher Silver Belt

By the time it happens, Jones will be improved, and Cain will likely have had at least three more injury layoffs.

Jones would probably do much better against Cain than the conventional wisdom states he would.

11. Joseph Budden

Damn majority of people so far think Jones takes out the HW champ did not see this coming

12. Jimmie Dimmick

Jimmie Dimmick Yellow Belt

NO....

Bones wins because he just beat Cains sparring partner and someone who is competitive with Cain and at times beats Cain in the gym.

13. flexxx145

flexxx145 Green Belt

Any strategy that involves trying to pressure Jones and hoping he wilts is bound to fail.

He has proven he's not going to fold under the pressure. You have to KO him I believe to win.

Nobody has come close to having him in that type of trouble.

I'd probably give JDS a better shot because of his size and one punch KO power.

Jones' chin is legit and as we saw can take HW power.

14. BTKxClinch

BTKxClinch Purple Belt

DC didn't have the cardio because of all the damage he took to the body, as he mentioned in the post fight presser, Cain would've gassed just the same in this exact situation

15. JohnMangala

JohnMangala Green Belt

Cain has better striking than dc. So that along with the threat of the td might be a issue for Jones.

16. Redhawks100

Redhawks100 Gold Belt

Doubtful that Cain leaves his midsection open as easily as Cormier, especially after seeing that fight

17. Joseph Budden

True, but I think everyone is in agreement if DC could have kept that 2nd round pace all fight it would have been a war. Jones took over in the championship rounds where his cardio and heart persevered. And I think the subtle differences in DC and Cain's clinch game along with the body type difference could really be affective against Jones using the same strategy DC used last night of nonstop aggressiveness to close the distance and dogfight

18. Hauptstoss

Hauptstoss teams n' shit

Jones would kick, jab, elbow, cut, clinch and wear out Cain. Just like he does with everyone. He'd beat JDS too.

19. estranged

estranged Brown Belt

Cain would crush Jones

20. estranged

estranged Brown Belt

not with that cardio of Cain