Cain's attitude is a lesson to all fighters

Shocco

White Belt
Reaction score
From the second he lost his belt in the first fight to the moment he found out he won it the guy has shown a warrior spirit and true class to go with it. He never made excuses in the aftermath of the first fight, congratulated JDS on his win then went back to the gym figured out what he did wrong and adapted. He kept his mouth shut in the build up to this fight knowing a loss would knock him back big time.

He showed no fear in the weigh ins or the stare down even though he was up against a guy who had knocked him out in 64 seconds, had never been beaten in the UFC and had knocked out pretty much everyone he had fought.

Then after the win he told JDS "you'll be back don't worry". I always thought GSP had the best attitude of any fighter but I think after 155 I have to say that goes to Cain.

He's a true champion and by the way I'm not even Cain fan.

Definetly admire Cain's work ethic and no bullshit attitude. That's a champions heart

I agree wholeheartedly.. very very impressed by Cain's comeback for sure

It is. Leading up to the fight he didnt make excuses about the knee and in his interview with Helwani, he actually said he felt betrayed by the release of the video of him injuring his knee.

Was and still is a Huge JDS fan (not a bandwagon fan)! but def props to Cain for being humble in both defeat and victory!!

I wouldnt call Cain humble, he is a proud fighter and I like that.

I liked that he put his fist at JDS's chin at the weigh ins and let JDS know he wasnt going to allow him space and was confident and determined.

I like that Cain is a proud fighter and shoulders it.

Cain and JDS are both really hard guys to dislike. I think it might literally be the first time (well, first two times now) that there's been a UFC HW title fight between two likable people. No, wait. I forgot about Randy-Big Nog. But still.

32633567.jpg

I'm a bigger fan of JDS as a person ...Cain was pissy after his loss and eventually made excuses for getting finished and I never respect that. In contrast Junior admitted his faults during the fight and in preparation and was taking photos with fans after his loss and was smiling through a mangled face. Cain comes off as a really stupid kind of caveman while Junior can have an actual conversation (I've met both fighters). Cain's will as a fighter cannot be denied though.

I wouldnt call Cain humble, he is a proud fighter and I like that.

I liked that he put his fist at JDS's chin at the weigh ins and let JDS know he wasnt going to allow him space and was confident and determined.

I like that Cain is a proud fighter and shoulders it.

who is emelianko?

Not a Cain fan, but Cain is the definition of mental toughness.

The dude has one speed and that is "go".

Back