Cain will be fine

I don't think he'll ever be back. Another major surgery, you can only recover so much. 2 fights in 2013, none in 2014, 1 in 2015 and now again only 1 in 2016. He's also losing plenty of fans and his name recognition. I hope he can get back from it, but I highly doubt he'll ever be champ again.

Cain is just the kind of guy that stays home from work if he has a small cold. With the Mmaaaaa And all the times he screwed the UFC, he will probably never come close to a titlefight again.

He is 1-1 the last 3 years, so I don't think he is too relevant anymore. Like most fighters he had a pretty short prime, And has been pretty much protected most of his career, doing just rematches against guys he matches up well against, And already beat.

He still has a name, so he should keep fighting.

personally, I think that new black heavyweight they got, the one that's ko'ing everyone....Not derrick lewis...Can't think of his name for some reason...But that guy looks like a monster. I think he's going to get a title shot in the near future...His next fight should be a much higher ranked guy...if he handles him, probably one more higher ranked guy, then possible title shot...

He will be fine, but we need more anecdotes and podcasts.
War Macalpine

Protected ? he fought the best heavyweights available on the roster.
Cain used to look great, but for a long time I got the imoression that the UFC kept giving him rematches against guys they knew he could beat instead of taking chances against other guys.

From october 2010 to june 2015 he fought only two guys. I don't think I have ever seen that from a top fighter before.

since werdum he's cleaned everyone. and he will again. unless he's injured.
edit: platinum perry could not ko a racoon.

He's not done and maybe the best HW but for the love of god don't become champ again

... the heavyweight division is an oldman's playground. All the "relevant" fighters are over 35 years old. Not to mention you have washed up fighters like Roy Nelson, Mark Hunt, Arlovski etc. still remaining relevant. If you were looking for a division which could be kind to an old broken body like Cain's then you couldn't pick a better one than Heavyweight
Enough evidence here to scrap the heavyweight division. Least interesting for me.

No shit, it's not that he's ruined, because of injury pull out #18, it's that, it's fucking annoying how many damn times he's pulled out.

Even as a die hard, it's getting sickening how many damn times this guy gets your hopes up, then completely ruins a fight you've been looking forward to months out. I can tell you're not an actual fan of his, and not that excited to see his fights, because you're way too non chalant about this.

It must suck for a guy who signs up to fight him, goes through a training camp and then has this happen last minute. I would demand a replacement be on stand by so this crap doesn't happen. Another notch in the belt for AKA.

No shit, it's not that he's ruined, because of injury pull out #18, it's that, it's fucking annoying how many damn times he's pulled out.

Even as a die hard, it's getting sickening how many damn times this guy gets your hopes up, then completely ruins a fight you've been looking forward to months out. I can tell you're not an actual fan of his, and not that excited to see his fights, because you're way too non chalant about this.
You're not a die hard if you are let down by Cain pulling out of a fight...

BRONX PRIDE

FRANCIS-NGANNOU-645x370.jpg

Hope he will never come back. Even when he is healthy he is extremely boring because he only know one way to beat his opponent. I admit it is pretty effective but still. When someone has a good gameplan against him like Werdum had the guy is just trash. He has zero heart. He literally screamed at Werdum "please take my neck and finish this" with his horrendously bad takedown attempt in the third round.

It must suck for a guy who signs up to fight him, goes through a training camp and then has this happen last minute. I would demand a replacement be on stand by so this crap doesn't happen. Another notch in the belt for AKA.
That's a really good point. If you are fighting for a living and your opponent doesn't show, you don't get paid. Right?

You may have to go another three months without a payday if they can't find a replacement

watch our for retards diaparaging cain. while he is constantly injured and a blight on the sport he is the best. special needs kids will quote the werdum fight but anyone with half a brain realises he was affected by the altitude. he wipes the floor with pretty much everyone.

Even though I don't love the tatoo and I hate AKA, Cain is an awesome fighter and a must see fighter. When he fights, I spend precious saturday night glued to a fucking TV.

However, he deserves all the backlash not only for one more withdraw in his collection, but doing it one week away from fight night. Ruining the best bout of the evening. And possibly no available time for a replacement.

If he "wipes the floor with everyone" he should step in the ring and show up to fight and not pulling out in a fucking week's notice.

Last edited:
2 fights in 3 years is active compared to Khabib.
But Cain is doing mostly rematches when he fights, And has only beaten some 8-9 guys with wikipedia pages. Kind of strange after 10 years in the ufc. Khabib is his friend, so not so strange.

Cain pulls out more often than teenagers in cars at the local point.

Back