Cain vs Werdum II makes sense

Werdum vs Overeem makes more sense than Werdum vs Cain 2..

1/10

Cain never will win Werdum, he was a paper champ, actually, for me, he wasn't even a HW Champ, he just was a "2 guys" Champ.

73f78554b866c74e2a75237e5f90fb9c.png

Ok sorry, I came to shit in your Thread Start again TS. But this is just sad. You tried this earlier.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/fabricio-werdum-fans-afraid-3049577/

So I left a lil' somethin' somethin in your thread. This GIF and my same opinion from earlier plus one or two new words.

get_zpseilsznhw.gif

Cain was beaten so bad he was out of it. Altitude, lack of proper preparation, BUILDING muscle instead of Cardio based on UFC (typically filmed 1-6 months ahead of time) Embedded before the fight. There were no excuses he was coming off injury and people should have expected he would put in another poor showing similar to the 1st JDS loss because injuries FUCK UP YOUR BODY and aside from GSP, Aldo and a few other non champions very few champs ever return from injury and successfully defend their title. Bookies and odds makers take this into account, why don't fans?

Anyone disliking him for that is stupid, but he does not deserve a title shot with that showing. This is a Chael Sonnen level of BULLSHIT title shot. That is really saying something too.

I love how people focus so much on the negative. Yeah, he got injured. Unlucky him. And yes, he had a bad night against Werdum. What about all his destructions? All the guys he made look like shit? Yeah, let

not only are you wrong, that is the only fight in the heavy weight division i would not like to see.

The rematch makes sense and Cain will be the 1st 3 time hw champion.

Beats Cain's zero-fight win streak.

And, if you only want to see champ to fight second best guy in the division, if Cain wins he should immediately rematch Werdum (because Werdum would be dominant in recent years and his only loss would be to newly re-established champ)?

Your blind love for Cain is getting tiresome. You just keep repeating the same thing in every thread. This paper champion kicked your guys arse fair and square and has a better record. I'll enjoy the fight but this rematch makes no sense for many reasons, you know them all as I've seen you post in all the threads so no point in discussing it.

If you want paper champions, they all make sense. At the end of the day, they are all more beatable than Cain, and they will all fall faster than him, even if they win.

You really are an idiot.

Potential Contenders:
Arlovski:
Win over Schaub - everyone beats schaub
Win over Bigfoot- Bigfoot hadn't won since Overeem in 2013
Win over Travis Browne - Most credible win, although Browne was embarrassed by Werdum the whole fight.
Verdict: Impressive comeback, but he's looked sloppy, tentative, & gassed.

Stipe Miocic:
Lost close fight to JDS
Win over Mark Hunt, who has only 1 win since march 2013
Win over Fabio Maldonado - haha of course
Win over Gonzaga - Big Whoop
Verdict: Good, but couldn't execute against JDS.

JDS
Win over Stipe
Win over Mark Hunt
Losses to Cain
Verdict: #3 HW, would be fun to see Werdum-JDS 2, but what if we get the MMA Triangle of Fighter A > Fighter B > Fighter C > Fighter A. Not a big fan of those

Frank Mir:
Win over Todd Duffe
Win over Bigfoot Silva
Verdict: 2 fight win streak, toss him a Top-5 to really test him

Ben Rothwell:
Win over Overeem
Win over Mitrione
Win over Brandon Vera
Verdict: Good win streak, toss him Top-5 to test him for the belt, also.

Conclusion: It's just typical for the UFC to offer the Champ ( a dominant champ) an immediate rematch. Look at Anderson, Renan Barao, BJ Penn. The HW division is so shallow, and Cain is normally so dominant in his fights (albeit few and repetitive) that he deserves a shot as much as the next deserving one- which in my opinion is JDS. I have no qualm with him or JDS getting the shot. Below them is Stipe ,Rothwell, Arlovski, Mir in the hunt.Quit the crying, we get it, You don't like Cain, but he's as deserving as the next guy.

edit: "Cain hasn't won since 2013, blah blah blah. You girls can't give fighters a break over injuries. It's one of the toughest sport in the world to train for, big injuries happen. Cain still executed better competition(JDS) than Rothwell, Stipe, Arlovski, & Mir"

Last edited:
Conclusion: It's just typical for the UFC to offer the Champ ( a dominant champ) an immediate rematch. Look at Anderson, Renan Barao, BJ Penn. The HW division is so shallow, and Cain is normally so dominant in his fights (albeit few and repetitive) that he deserves a shot as much as the next deserving one- which in my opinion is JDS. I have no qualm with him or JDS getting the shot. Below them is Stipe ,Rothwell, Arlovski, Mir in the hunt.Quit the crying, we get it, You don't like Cain, but he's as deserving as the next guy.

edit: "Cain hasn't won since 2013, blah blah blah. You girls can't give fighters a break over injuries. It's one of the toughest sport in the world to train for, big injuries happen. Cain still executed better competition(JDS) than Rothwell, Stipe, Arlovski, & Mir"

A) He wasn't dominant, just didn't fight very often.

B) Even dominant champs don't get rematches after uncontroversial finishes

Last edited:
Werdum destroyed Cain, so he's the best.

Cain fought the same 3 guys in the last 5 years, so how do we know he's "the best guy around"?

Again with this "destroyed" bullshit. Subbed him, yes.

Back