Cain vs Overeem

Cain hasn't fought in years.

Couple that with DC winning the belt and I think Velasquez silently bowed out.

we have to see how he comes back. but I believe he's on contract negotiations? allegedly fit to fight @One MMA Fan

Yep.. been so from the start of the year but WME ain't wanting to update his contract and Cain is saying he can make 300k in a year just from sponsors, appearances and what ever CAA can find for him to do.

Hopefully they ink a new deal and book him a fight this year we are really wasting time for a few extra $.

Then again they made Stipe fight on his current contract for 2 fights until they upped his 600k to 750k.

Reem gets smashed if he shows up like in past 2 fights. If he really wants to continue, he needs to change his style completely. Econoreem failed but I guess if he bulks up as much as he can without roids and use his SIGNATURE MOVE=Knees combined with great TDD, he rekts any HW.

He didn't use the knees since he was ubereem and ofcourse before that, he killed Cro Cop with those and his balls. I don't get why doesn't he use them at all anymore.

His cerebral cortex is going to hang it up soon.

Seriously! ...I think few guys in MMA have been KTFO that many times man, I wouldn't be surprised if he has the all time record going down like that. The guy is gonna end up all fucked up.

1 leg kick from the Reem sends present day Cain straight to rehab. He'll probably still find a way to get KO'd though

Overeem's best days are even further behind him than Cain. I would pick Cain easily. If they were both at their best, then it would be a much tougher pick.

He didn't use the knees since he was ubereem and ofcourse before that, he killed Cro Cop with those and his balls. I don't get why doesn't he use them at all anymore.

He sent Hunt to the shadow realm with knees not too long ago.

normal Cain should beat this Overeem.

the thing is, i doubt the normal Cain will show up. he'll be fat and slow again, and gas like he did vs Werdum and then it'll be anyone's fight.

i know, everyone talks about Curtis Blaydes smashing Reem, but Curtis Blaydes is a perfectly healthy 27 yr old 6'4 260lbs gorilla, and as fragile and inconsistent as Reem is, if he shows up and throws the kind of knees he threw vs Mark Hunt or throws a punch like he did vs Stipe and it hits Cain, Cain will probably be KO'd.

Overeem's best days are even further behind him than Cain. I would pick Cain easily. If they were both at their best, then it would be a much tougher pick.

i don't really understand this line of thinking. Overeem has been losing lately, and we see where he's at right now. the problem with Cain is, we don't know where he's at because he never fights.

everyone is just guessing he's going to come back and not be as washed up as Reem, but we don't know, he did not look great against Werdum and the Travis Browne fight was like a heavy bag workout and he's only accumulated more injuries since then.

it's the injury prone fragile body vs the cte prone fragile chin

Back