Cain vs Jones @ Catchweight 220lbs

Id rather Jones fight another upper level HW. I know he beat Cormier, but Id like to see him scrap with a HW that he doesnt have a foot of reach over.

I would actually rather see him fight Silva in a special weight fight over him vs Cain.

Both of them have work to do in their respective divisions. The thing about clearing out a division is that it always finds a way to get murky again.

Because we want to see who the Baddest Man on the planet is, not the baddest 205er

If Jones adds more weight, and in this new body lets say he becomes slower, less athletic, and has less stamina, how is that helping prove who's the baddest man on the planet is, if Jones is becoming a worse version of himself. Its not Jones job to take that unknown risk.

IF Jones ever demanded a catch weight against Cain IT WOULD be more proof of Jones' cowardice

Jones is already a natural HW WHO CUTS down to BULLY around smaller older LHWs

In shape and ON A DIET Jones still comes in 225-235 on fight night. Hes already AT HW WEIGHT...theres NO logically point to a catch weight other than to try to drain Cain....which would be bull..

I also like how the mouth breathers are calling Jones the best fighter in the world

Jones beat nothing but older smaller fighters who were not prime or not at their best

Look what happened the FIRST TIME Jones fought someone his own size and age in Gus. We all saw what happened

Cain doesnt have Gus' reach BUT HE HAS the WEIGHT, strength and FAR MORE POWER

Jones is nothing special without his size advantages to carry him, as Gus fight proved

Cain would punish him.. He would make him pay. Jones wont be at the post fight presser! But of course this fight will never happen!

That would be the biggest coward move Jones could make since his fight night weight is already HW and Cain is a lower weight HW to begin with.

How is this a question. If Jones was capable of being HW champ he would be HW champ instead of cutting to LHW

lmao at Cain starving himself down to Jones' natural weight. Fuck that noise until it goes deaf. Jones needs to exit 205 and work his way up HW. He'll get to Cain.

I like how some JUST ASSUME that "Jones would put on 20lbs of muscle and be the same at 240-250"

It doenst work like that. Theres always a catch 22. Slow him down, lose balance etc

BUT furthermore, a full grown male adding muscle while training cardio IS PHYSICALLY impossible....so IF Jones ever did become "240-250lbs of muscle" IT SHOULD raise instant flags of PED use

Last edited:
hell yea on the fight, but no way at catchweight. that fight needs to be at HW!

To be honest.I dont care to see this fight. Not because I dislike the fighters, but the match up would not be entertaining like a JBJ-Silva fight would have been.

I would say exactly the opposite, Jones/Silva would almost certainly have been a one sided beatdown with Jones taking Anderson down and outlanding him standing when Silva was frozen up in fear of the takedown.

Jones/Cain on the other hand would almost certainly be very entertaining with Cain pushing the pace but likely not being able to dominant Jones wrestling wise.

Its not impossible we could see this late in the year I spose, If Cain beats Werdum and Jones beats the Gus/AJ winner then at HW especially you have very little in the horizon and at LHW you either have a DC rematch or Phil Davis that nobody wants to see fight for the belt. My guess as well though is that Jones won't move up, if it happens Cain will have to move down.

Those who thinks Jones would win lol, Have you even seen Cain's fights?

Cain could probably dry himself to 205 and beat him, but he enjoy beeing the real man. The king. The Baddest Man on the planet.

Jones is overrated, Cannot even finish fight. Even with his massive size advantage.

Once he fought someone his own size he will end up in hospital, Just like when Gus put his hands on him, Straight to the hospital almost end up with nerve damage

If Jones adds more weight, and in this new body lets say he becomes slower, less athletic, and has less stamina, how is that helping prove who's the baddest man on the planet is, if Jones is becoming a worse version of himself. Its not Jones job to take that unknown risk.

Because bigger is better, thats why we have weight classes.

I would make everyone come to LHW if they wanted to fight. Velasquez is a dough boy like Cormier. He can make 205. DC went down so he wouldn't have to fight his friend. How about his friend reciprocate and go down to let DC have a run at HW?

I like how some JUST ASSUME that "Jones would put on 20lbs of muscle and be the same at 240"

It doenst work like that. Theres always a catch 22. Slow him down, lose balance etc

BUT furthermore, a full grown male adding muscle while training cardio IS PHYSICALLY impossible....so IF Jones ever did become "240lbs of muscle" IT SHOULD raise instant flags of PED use

Hes got a large frame he can handle 240.
And son, if you think that most ufc fighters arent already on some kind of ped ....

I would make everyone come to LHW if they wanted to fight. Velasquez is a dough boy like Cormier. He can make 205. DC went down so he wouldn't have to fight his friend. How about his friend reciprocate and go down to let DC have a run at HW?

Jones said HW isn't an option but I don't see Cain moving down as well, that's why I feel Catchweight would be the best option

I think itd be a competitive fight. Outside of that I really don't know what to say because, well, he not only beat DC, he outwrestled him, I mean... I dunno if I can ever say Jones might lose ever again, outside of maybe Gus, only based on how their first fight went.

Man, I don't know if Cain can make 220 after seeing him on Embedded. Is it me or did he look bigger than usual?

Hes got a large frame he can handle 240.
And son, if you think that most ufc fighters arent already on some kind of ped ....

Youre cluless.

While also training MMA cardio, it would BE IMPOSSIBLE FOR Jones to just add muscle...regardless of frame...

And yeah, PED use is widespread in MMA...ive been told by somefrom Greg Jacksons Jones has already been using

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back