Cain vs Current HW Division

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Tito is trying to challenge Cain in Combate Americas. People are talking about it like Tito would probably win. I didn't realize that Cain had fallen down the crowd's opinion that much.

Could he win a rematch vs Ngannou?
DC?
Stipe?
JDS?
Lewis?
Blades?
Lower ranked guys like:
Overeem?
Pavlovich?
The guy that just beat Overeem?

I think he could beat 70% of these guys.

Its not that people think tito is better. Its that people KNOW cain will blow his knee out walking to the cage.

It's impossible to know where is at, because a KO loss against Ngannou in 26s doesn't give much indication and his others fights are way too old.
That said, the kicks he engaged Ngannou with did not look good at all.

On top of that, no one knows the exact extent of his injuries.

Theres pre herniated disc cain and the Cain we see today. 2 different fighters. I cant articulate/ascertain how big the difference is unless it's with some one who understands the nature of injury and more or as important, where the herniation is.

As a former avid sports guy, my 2 L4,L5 back herniations finished me good and proper ( and I've broken just about everything before that but they heal)

Mucha Lucha Cain is fearless...... no problem

cain-velasquez-luchara-combate-relevos_32_0_616_383.jpg

Cain is most likely a shell of what he used to be now. I think he could have beaten everyone and possibly become the GOAT, but his history of injuries and too much time away from the cage ended that potential. The fact that many people think that frickin' Tito Ortiz can beat Cain now says it all - he has been more or less forgotten. That said, he could beat Tito with no arms, blindfolded and both knees busted when he's 70 years old.

I'm really surprised Cain has been able to pull off professional wrestling. It's pretty physically demanding and injuries are not that hard to come by.

Back