Cain Velazquez releases a statement after being pulled from UFC 207

i know you were joking, but i never understood when people say this. do people actually believe that professional fighters are so undisciplined that they would risk throwing away their career over words?

i mean, i know they get hit in the head for a living and fight in a cage, but give them some credit

You be surprised.

9JOf1nv.gif

He'll be out of action for another year if he really wrote that. Finger and eye injuries writing all of that. Luckily Cain did not write that hahaha, probably his manager or someone else educated.

Or you could have read the real truth. NSAC is the same piece of shit organization that it's always been.
The really messed up thing is that Cain and his doctor went out of their way to provide the NSAC the medical facts.

And the NSAC ignored them. They'd already already made up their minds based on a damn fighter's quote, not a medical diagnosis by a doctor.
Oh come on, guys...

I'm no NSAC fan, but there is a good reason they have the final say. Honestly, if Cain hadn't said anything, they probably wouldn't think twice about his injuries even if something horrific happened specifically related to them in the fight! Personally, they don't give a single fuck

But since he goes public with it, now if something does go wrong, they sanctioned a fighter that was on record saying he couldn't even stand.

It's about liability and reputation, nothing else

Is this like someone admitting they did a crime, and then posting about how bad they feel about going to jail and wonder why it happened?

Oh come on, guys...

I'm no NSAC fan, but there is a good reason they have the final say. Honestly, if Cain hadn't said anything, they probably wouldn't think twice about his injuries even if something horrific happened specifically related to them in the fight! Personally, they don't give a single fuck

But since he goes public with it, now if something does go wrong, they sanctioned a fighter that was on record saying he couldn't even stand.

It's about liability and reputation, nothing else

exactly. if they let a fighter go on to fight who says what cain said, and he gets further injured in the fight, they will be held accountable.

"Ive been smoking marijuana for my injuries"

could you imagine if a fighter said "Ive been taking steroids for my injuries. Theres no way I should be cleared to fight"

Get well cain. Sherdoggers are mad that they can't talk smack to you in real life. You would slap them and take their girl.
Yeah..... no. I can confidently say I'd never lose a girl to a guy with a Brown Pride tattoo.

exactly. if they let a fighter go on to fight who says what cain said, and he gets further injured in the fight, they will be held accountable.
It's really as simple as anything else. Nevada is the NSAC's backyard. Any fight that goes on in their backyard is their responsibility. They don't even care about Cain or his health or anything else. They could actually stand to lose money by pulling fighters, it's not the business they're in.

No brainer really

This is some bullshit. Usually when you pull out of a fight, you need proof from doctors that you cannot fight. However, this time they don't even bother to look into it and just pull Cain out of the fight because of something he said in an interview?

You openly talked about an injury that required surgery prior to a fight. Nobody does that. So excuse me for being highly suspicious. The whole thing smelled like shit.

This is some bullshit. Usually when you pull out of a fight, you need proof from doctors that you cannot fight. However, this time they don't even bother to look into it and just pull Cain out of the fight because of something he said in an interview?

That is why they pulled him. Nobody ever talks about that stuff. I think they felt like he wanted them to pull him out of the fight.

That is why they pulled him. Nobody ever talks about that stuff. I think they felt like he wanted them to pull him out of the fight.

there is no way around it.

either he really was injured but wanted to fight and was ignorant enough to think the commission wouldnt ask questions,

or he set himself up to be pulled.

either way it doesn't look good

Admitting his injury before the fight is just as dumb as they come. Then again injuring yourself over and over again is as dumb as they come.

Damn, I hope he didn't hurt his fingers typing all of this.

He could have just said something along the lines of, I don't know:

"Hello everyone,

I'm sorry I fucked it up once again. I train at AKA though, so is normal.

Sincerely yours,

Cain"
Cain is stoned.

Back