Cain Velasquez vs Jon Jones

For the Record...

Jones is a better technical striker then Cain.. Jones has 854 significant strikes landed, the most in LHW History. Jones is a much better kicker and has an arsenal of brutal kicks, cains kicks are very basic and look ordinary compared to Jones. Jones lacks in the boxing department but his overall hand fighting and elbows at close range make up for it.

Cain has better Boxing and More KOs then Jones, but most of Cains strikes are from Ground n Pound or dirty Boxing.

I hope jon doesn't move up. I've seen JDS fight pre-cain and I've seen him fight post-cain. Its hard to believe they're the same person. Jon moving up would be an unhealthy career choice, especially when he's currently a dominant champion at lhw.

Boy there are some ignorant posts here!! There are a number of HW's that Jones will get beaten by besides Cain. JDS, Stipe, Fabricio and Browne are all going to be easy favorites and eventual winners against Jones in a fight. Junior and Stipe are just too quick and strong. Junior is near on impossible to take down. Browne has dangerously longer legs than Jones and we saw what he can do with them against Reem!
If Gus had not worn himself out in earlier rounds with overdone movement and footwork he would have had more energy to pummel Jones in the later rounds!

For the Record...

Jones is a better technical striker then Cain.. Jones has 854 significant strikes landed, the most in LHW History. Jones is a much better kicker and has an arsenal of brutal kicks, cains kicks are very basic and look ordinary compared to Jones. Jones lacks in the boxing department but his overall hand fighting and elbows at close range make up for it.

Cain has better Boxing and More KOs then Jones, but most of Cains strikes are from Ground n Pound or dirty Boxing.

Those kicks mean nothing when he's gonna be back peddling the whole night.

If Jones beats DC this weekend, I'll bet the house on him vs Velasquez.

I hope jon doesn't move up. I've seen JDS fight pre-cain and I've seen him fight post-cain. Its hard to believe they're the same person. Jon moving up would be an unhealthy career choice, especially when he's currently a dominant champion at lhw.

Jon Jones is simply a far better martial artist then Jds. And Jones is far more Athletic and far more Intelligent.

Terrible to compare Jds to Jones

I want to see Jones at HW. Probably after 3 or 4 fights more at LHW.

Those kicks mean nothing when he's gonna be back peddling the whole night.

Jones can hit Cain from a lot of different angles and his timing is superb and he lands devastating strikes in critical situations.

Also to add... Jones is much faster, younger, more athletic and more skilled then all of cains previous opponents.

Jones will be the first fighter that won't get tired against Cain. Jones cardio is good enough to hold its own.

Jones can hit Cain from a lot of different angles and his timing is superb and he lands devastating strikes in critical situations.

Also to add... Jones is much faster, younger, more athletic and more skilled then all of cains previous opponents.

Jones will be the first fighter that won't get tired against Cain. Jones cardio is good enough to hold its own.

Jones is God.

Boy there are some ignorant posts here!! There are a number of HW's that Jones will get beaten by besides Cain. JDS, Stipe, Fabricio and Browne are all going to be easy favorites and eventual winners against Jones in a fight. Junior and Stipe are just too quick and strong. Junior is near on impossible to take down. Browne has dangerously longer legs than Jones and we saw what he can do with them against Reem!
If Gus had not worn himself out in earlier rounds with overdone movement and footwork he would have had more energy to pummel Jones in the later rounds!

Reem has a Glass Jaw that was exposed years ago by a man named Chuck Liddell.

Travis Browne trained with Jones and one of the key reason browne got better is by having Jones as a team mate and friend.

Gus is WAY better then Jds.

Stipe is great but he has huge cardio problems and he's much slower then jones.

Gus, Werdum and Cain are the only fighters that are true worthy challenges to Jones. The rest are fodder.

No he didn't. Just stop. I love how now that Cain is side lined, and we have no idea what Cain we might see next, all of a sudden Jones has a chance.

Jones is a pillow punching LHW that would get rag dolled.

Jones beat Shogun into submission.
He beat him so tbad, he quit.

If Jones beats DC, he's a terrible threat to Cain, even at 217lbs

Cain>DC

Cain is too relentless, too aggressive for Jones. A healthy Cain may very well be p4p the best fighter on the planet. He's a fckn Cyborg.

DC's quote "Cain Velasquez on his best days is better than anyone in the world" and "the best Cain Velasquez is better than anyone".

For the record, if you watch Cain and DC's fights you will notice that Cain is literally 10x more aggressive, 8x more active and does 10x more damage. Cain would definitely roughen Jones up good, but I also think DC's wrestling is supreme enough to smother Jon Jones and make it look easy. He will get wrestlefuked, i'm pretty sure of it.

Cain is better than DC. He's more relentless and has his freaky cardio thing. I don't see Jones beating Cain, no matter how well he does vs DC.

If cain checks jones' low kicks with his wheelchair all bets are off

Cain has better cardio than DC, is far more aggressive and has more big fight experience.

I really don't think Jones hypothetically beating LHW Cormier means shit to his chances against Cain at HW.

I would fear for JJ in this fight.

Back