Cain Velasquez vs Jon Jones

Onikage

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Particularly for those of you picking Jon Jones over DC, how do you think Jon Jones would do against Cain Velasquez? In what ways do you think Cain is different than DC that would make him a more competitive fight against Jon? I think Cain and DC are pretty evenly matched, not to mention they have been training together for years, so I figure Jones would match up to each of them in a similar way. For example, they both mauled Big Foot Silva in a fairly similar way. Part of why I see DC winning this fight is because I just don't see how Jones would win over Cain. They are both pressure fighters with very similar styles. Anyone feel similarly or disagree?

Let's be real here. The only reason why these Cain vs. Jones threads are being taken serious recently is because of Cain's recent knee injury.

Post JDS 3, these threads were laughed off the site. All of a sudden Jones has a chance?

I think Jones does better than anyone at HW right now, except maybe Werdum. Cain's the best in the world though.

I think Jones does better than anyone at HW right now. Werdum possibly does better. Cain's the best in the world though.

Jones has no 1 punch KO power. Literally the only thing that stops that psychotic Mexican man from tearing your head off.

Overeem poses a bigger threat. Hell, I think Brock right now still poses a bigger threat than Jones. Shoot, Matt Mitrione with his movement, and KO power poses a bigger threat. Jeebus, even Mark Hunt poses a bigger threat. Golly, even Miocic poses a bigger threat.

Let's be real here. The only reason why these Cain vs. Jones threads are being taken serious recently is because of Cain's recent knee injury.

Post JDS 3, these threads were laughed off the site. All of a sudden Jones has a chance?

Why wouldnt jones have a chance? He had a chance before JDS 3. Just because sherdogger were claiming Cain was unbeatable dont make it so. No one is unbeatable.
And if anyone has a chance is the LHW GOAT.

However they are two different weightclass, so its kinda pointless to speculate right now. But Jones vs Cormier would tell us how Bones would do vs Cain.

Why wouldnt jones have a chance? He had a chance before JDS 3. Just because sherdogger were claiming Cain was unbeatable dont make it so. No one is unbeatable.
And if anyone has a chance is the LHW GOAT.

However they are two different weightclass, so its kinda pointless to speculate right now. But Jones vs Cormier would tell us how Bones would do vs Cain.

No he didn't. Just stop. I love how now that Cain is side lined, and we have no idea what Cain we might see next, all of a sudden Jones has a chance.

Jones is a pillow punching LHW that would get rag dolled.

I think it's an intriguing match-up.

Cain's relentless pressure, vs. Jon's unpredictable striking.

The DC fight will be a decent gauge to see if Jones can hold his own against a great wrestler who is constantly trying to pressure. Cain's striking attack is more ferocious than DC though.

Do you guys really wanna see Cain Velasquez implement Chael's strategy on Bones Jones?

Really? Y'all wanna see a death in the cage?

Jones isn't kicking anything while that giant pit bulls coming at him with his head wading side to side, and tossing him against the cage, and dogging him all night.

Try kicking full force while you're backing up against a raging bull. Jones wouldn't be able to breathe by the 3rd round, especially with even more weight he'd have to carry at HW. Cain was born to carry a HWs frame, and go 5 mind boggling hard rounds.

No he didn't. Just stop. I love how now that Cain is side lined, and we have no idea what Cain we might see next, all of a sudden Jones has a chance.

Jones is a pillow punching LHW that would get rag dolled.

You can claim all this because Bones right now is in LHW, right or wrong, this fight aint happing soon.

But Cormier vs Jones is a good indication how cain would do vs bones. Cormier was according to many #2 HW before he went down and to claim Bones have no chance vs Cain is just pure fanboyism.

You can claim all this because Bones right now is in LHW, right or wrong, this fight aint happing soon.

But Cormier vs Jones is a good indication how cain would do vs bones. Cormier was according to many #2 HW before he went down and to claim Bones have no chance vs Cain is just pure fanboyism.

Its pure facts my good sir. Facts.

Cain is more aggressive, more relentless and bigger/taller than DC (especially since DC dropped )..

Cain is a worse match up for Jones than DC

I think both Cain and DC beat Jones by a good margin. Styles make fights. Don't think Jones can handle a pressure based game plan executed by high level HW wrestlers who are also excellent kickboxers with KO power.

Particularly for those of you picking Jon Jones over DC, how do you think Jon Jones would do against Cain Velasquez? In what ways do you think Cain is different than DC that would make him a more competitive fight against Jon? I think Cain and DC are pretty evenly matched, not to mention they have been training together for years, so I figure Jones would match up to each of them in a similar way. For example, they both mauled Big Foot Silva in a fairly similar way. Part of why I see DC winning this fight is because I just don't see how Jones would win over Cain. They are both pressure fighters with very similar styles. Anyone feel similarly or disagree?

I think Jones beats anyone at LHW. But I think a lot of HWs could beat him AT HW, especially Cain- who would most likely maul him. That's even if he bulked up to fight HW-- his cardio would suck, etc.

The thing about fighting Cain is that you might look good for the first 2 or 3 minutes, but then you start to fade as he is able to keep the same pace. JBJ would have to land basically a lucky shot early. Otherwise, he'd get his ass kicked.

Anyone know what's the heaviest JBJ has been? Seems like he'd be quite a bit lighter even if he cut no weight for the fight.

Cain>DC

Cain is too relentless, too aggressive for Jones. A healthy Cain may very well be p4p the best fighter on the planet. He's a fckn Cyborg.

Yeah I agree that Cain is better than DC. But I think DC is better than Jones and it would be cool to see him get the LHW belt since he can't fight or beat Cain.

Hard to bet against Cain. He'd be able to get inside Jones' reach and just smother him like he does everyone else. I think Jones is a bigger threat than just about anyone else, but I believe Cain would break him both physically and mentally.

Cain is a different Animal then DC. SURE, they both have a similar style but they have entirely different bodies and attributes, Cain is a much better striker and has way more cardio then DC, Cains pace is much more fast paced and aggressively technical, DC just has a heavier hands and his wrestling is better, but Cains BJJ is better. Overall Cain is a little more well rounded then DC plus Cains cardio and size plays a factor.

Jones is a different Animal in his own right, he is a Brilliant Martial Artist, IMO he's more creative and can adapt better to different styles then Cain or DC. Jones fight I.Q is perhaps the best in the UFC, if anybody can beat Cain, Jones has the greatest chance, I see Jones beating DC simply because Jones will dictate the striking and nullify DC wrestling, Jones cardio is also very good, maybe not on cains level but still better then DC. Jones also has looked more Unstoppable in his career then Cain has, Cain has been beaten and has exploited more weaknesses then Jones.

Cains Opponents were all either much slower, lacked technique, were flat footed and one dimensional and didn't possess the speed and cardio to match him.

Jds is a good boxer is heavy hands but his mobility, footwork, head movement and cardio is terrible, Jds is riddled with holes in his game, and Jds has huge problems with Division 1 wrestlers, Cain and Stipe.

Bigfoot is good but he's nothing great, he's also incredibly slow, uncoordinated and tentative.

Lesnar was never the same after his life threatening illness, those surgeries and 12 inches of his Colin removed took a tole on his body, he wasn't the same when he beat carwin, he went into a decline after that.

Jones IMO fought a much better well rounded boxer in Gus. Gus is credentially a far superior boxer to Jds, Gus has far better work ethic, footwork, head movement, cardio, Gus flows with his combinations much better then Jds and Gus has better angles and timing. Overall Gus is simply better then Jds.

Jones has no 1 punch KO power. Literally the only thing that stops that psychotic Mexican man from tearing your head off.

Overeem poses a bigger threat. Hell, I think Brock right now still poses a bigger threat than Jones. Shoot, Matt Mitrione with his movement, and KO power poses a bigger threat. Jeebus, even Mark Hunt poses a bigger threat. Golly, even Miocic poses a bigger threat.

Fuckin' fail man!

Back