Cain Velasquez vs Jon Jones @ LWH??

StoicSD

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
More possible than you think, Cain just said that if the roles were reversed and DC was champion he thinks he could make LHW and would try, IF he loses, DC could potentially take it from JDS (I said potentially so don't make it a JDS vs DC Thread).

So then Cain could go down and gorilla pound Jon Jones :icon_evil

He mentions this @ 2:15 in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CZaCzwWFl2w

Please he'd have to meet Gustafsson first ;).

I dont think Bones can deal with Cains pace and aggression
Bones also is terrible on the backfoot for when Cains moving forward and Cain is the far superior grappler who mixes his striking and TDs better

Would have to see Cain after the cut but stylistically he has what it takes at LHW to give Jones hell. At HW i think he would do i rather easily.

I don't think Cain would make the cut, but if he did, Jones would have his hands full .

If it were to happen I would want Cain to win but see the fight rivaling Jones vs Gustafsson in terms of awesomeness.

Obviously I would favour Velasquez at this time, after Jones' last fight.

If cain would make the cut (healthy) jones will have a hard time.

@ HW, I pick Cain

@ LHW.. idk, maybe Cain only looks fast because he's fighting slower guys compared to the LHW's

Trying to predict how Cain would do at LHW is as speculative as trying to predict how Jones would do at HW. There are too many variables. I think each would have the edge in their home weight class though.

Cain is a pretty bad stylistic matchup for Jones. Having said that, I don't see Cain going to 205.

Jones is not very popular here after the Gus fight. But I still believe he is a bad matchup for Cain. JDS would give Jones a lot of trouble though.

Would absolutely love to see this fight in 2015 at a 220lb catchweight. Cain by 2nd rd TKO.

That's the fight I want to see.

So, we're all in agreement that Cain would absolutely demolish Jon Bones Jones, right?

I think it is pretty unanimous......wow Jones's stock fell, and Cain's will soar if he pulls it off

Back