Cain Velasquez vs Fabricio Werdum 2 (Confirmed) (Poll)

I do believe the altitude was a major factor and possibly the deciding factor in Cain/Werdum 1. Having said that, shame on Cain and his team for not getting him down there earlier to acclimate to the altitude-- it shows an attitude of arrogance or outright stupidity that they didn't take fighting/training at altitude seriously.

Even though most people are opposed to this rematch, I believe a rematch in Vegas will be a very close, tough fight, that will likely go 5 grueling rounds. Cain won the first round of their fight when he still had gas. If he doesn't gas, I think it is very possible he will grind and beat up Werdum like he did Dos Santos in their second and third fights.

I'm really sick of Cain getting hurt and fighting once a year. If he wins, he better not go out injured like usual, or I'll totally be done with him. Also, if he gets hurt before this rematch, I would make him fight someone else before he can rematch Werdum.

It's amazing Cain gets an immediate rematch after that performance. Completely underserving.

Can't wait for this fight. Absolutely loved watching Brown Pride catch a beatdown.

Didn't like the 1st fight and not interested in the rematch. Cain wins if it happens

Werdum has proven he can stand with Cain and no way in hell Cain wants any part of Werdum on the ground. Werdum wins everywhere the fight goes even at sea level.

So DANA White is so desperate to have his Mexican Champion, that we will have to watch him fight against Werdum again. If he wins he might as well take two years of for injuries without being stripped of the title.

UFC should really have given the fans another title fight, sin ewe need fighting champions and not paper champions.

Cain has fought 6 times since 2011, and then people complain about Aldo pulling out, at least he fights twice a year.

Cain and Petis should never be allowed to fight for a tittle again unless they can prove they are able to make it two fights in a row without getting injured.

In all seriousness, this makes no sense by the UFC. Why have this rematch in the first place, but especially why on the SAME card as mcgregor vs aldo???

Cain, rousey and mcgregor are huge draws and should not be on the same cards period. It's so weird. Obviously the fans win here but it's best if these big names headline any ppv they are on at this point

In all seriousness, this makes no sense by the UFC. Why have this rematch in the first place, but especially why on the SAME card as mcgregor vs aldo???

Cain, rousey and mcgregor are huge draws and should not be on the same cards period. It's so weird. Obviously the fans win here but it's best if these big names headline any ppv they are on at this point

i duno if i would put cain in the same sentence as rousey and conor as far as draws go. he is definitely at least a rung below them...

Zero interest. It's laughable how few people Cain has fought at HW. The guy has faced a total of like three different fighters in five years. What a joke.

michael-scott-no.gif

How dumb. Those of you with Twitter accounts blow up Dana's and tell him he's a fucking goof.

Fuck that fight. Cain, please do what you do best so we end up with a better fight that a rematch between you and Werdum.

Back