Cain Velasquez responds to Tyson Fury's challenge to fight

Maybe by submission. Not GnP.

Fury is a world class top ten Boxer who is conditioned to take punches for 12 rounds from other world class HW Boxers, all while standing up.

Cain could not stop Kongo or JDS and would definitely not stop Fury with just GnP.

But then again this is Sherdog, where Boxers are never given the benefit of the doubt in anything when it comes to MMA.

At the same time you fil to realize punches on the ground are not the same as punches standing. James Toney s known for his chin. Yet even weakpunches from a nea 50 year old fighter had hissquirming and paniced on the ground. Boxers are not used to having their head crushed helplessly against the canvas. Its easier to rock people in this position and even if he could take it fr 5 rounds more than likely he would panic and tap out of give up a submission. He would look for a way out just like Taney did. IF they dont have the skills to defend the position then they feel helpless and look for the only way to stop the strikes.

Dumb analogy. Those sports are not combat sports you clown.

Boxing is, as well as wrestling, Kickboxing, BJJ, Judo, Sambo. All major styles of MMA.

MMA is a transitional sport for combat athletes of primary combatant sports to come in and compete while cross training in other styles.

Nothing weird about that.

Just look at Lesnar and Mercer. They defeated top ten MMA fighters early on.

You cannot do that in other primary combat sports. MMA is practically freestyle fighting.

Mercer, lmao. Didn't Kimbo tap him out? Yes, Kimbo... Slice.

Boxing is, as well as wrestling, Kickboxing, BJJ, Judo, Sambo. All major styles of MMA.

MMA is a transitional sport for combat athletes of primary combatant sports to come in and compete while cross training in other styles.

You cannot do that in other primary combat sports. MMA is practically freestyle fighting.

obviously they were extreme examples, but you're a dense motherfucker aren't you.

how many boxers are calling out BJJ champions, or Judokas, or sambo champions, it's just an MMA / Boxing thing, and I was pointing out how stupid it is becasue there seperate sports.

At the same time you fil to realize punches on the ground are not the same as punches standing. James Toney s known for his chin. Yet even weakpunches from a nea 50 year old fighter had hissquirming and paniced on the ground. Boxers are not used to having their head crushed helplessly against the canvas. Its easier to rock people in this position and even if he could take it fr 5 rounds more than likely he would panic and tap out of give up a submission. He would look for a way out just like Taney did. IF they dont have the skills to defend the position then they feel helpless and look for the only way to stop the strikes.

Uhhh Toney was defending Couture's punches by moving his side to each side of Couture's abs, which is why Couture changed position and drag Toney to the cage. Even Couture himself said that Toney did a good job defending and even avoiding his GnP attempt from top mount.

I don't what fight you are talking about.

Again, Boxers are never given the benefit of the doubt on here when it comes to MMA. It's pathetic. I rather be a realist than delusional. And are you a psychic that can predict how a man will react to something he is accustomed to?

Fact is it is common logic that punches are more powerful standing up because of the rotation of the body using power distributed from the legs. Boxers are conditioned and accustomed to receiving those punches.

And again, Cain could not finish Kongo and JDS with GnP. You have no argument dude.

Were the hell you get that Tim Sylvia was a top 10 fighter when he lost to Mercer? He had lost 3 of his 4 fights going into that fight and was not even close to top 10 at the time. Not to mention Mercer only did what happen to Sylvia 4 other times before that fight and once again 18 months after that by Wagner. Not only was he not ranked in the top 10. He had already got WAY out of shape. In fact he weighed in at 310 lbs for that fight. Not sure what you have to gain by changing the facts.

Cain is such a great representative of the sport. I like JDS, but I'm so happy Cain is champ again. I hope he holds on to the belt for many years.

obviously they were extreme examples, but you're a dense motherfucker aren't you.

how many boxers are calling out BJJ champions, or Judokas, or sambo champions, it's just an MMA / Boxing thing, and I was pointing out how stupid it is becasue there seperate sports.

I'm a dense motherf'cker?

No dude. I just don;t tolerate idiocy. Those were dumb examples. MMA is a transitional sport open for athletes of other primary combat sports to participate in.

And MMA fighetrs have called out Boxers to. Sylvia was the one who wanted to Box with Mercer in the Boxing match before it was changed to a MMA match. JDS said he could KO Klitschko in a Boxing match. Anderson Silva wanted to Box with Roy Jones Jr. Nick Diaz wanted to fight Fernando Vergas in Boxing.

It goes both ways.

I'm a dense motherf'cker?

No dude. I just don;t tolerate idiocy. Those were dumb examples. MMA is a transitional sport open for athletes of other primary combat sports to participate in.

And MMA fighetrs have called out Boxers to. Sylvia was the one who wanted to Box with Mercer in the Boxing match before it was changed to a MMA match. JDS said he could KO Klitschko in a Boxing match. Anderson Silva wanted to Box with Roy Jones Jr. Nick Diaz wanted to fight Fernando Vergas in Boxing.

It goes both ways.

I told you it was an MMA / Boxing this, which is retarded becasue they're two diffrent sports, how can you not grasp a simple concept like this.

please comprehend.

Bottom line is Fury came out looking very childish with a call out that really made no sense.

Mercer, lmao. Didn't Kimbo tap him out? Yes, Kimbo... Slice.

Yeah, in an unsanctioned exhibition match which could had been choreographed by Vince McMahon without any legal consequence behind it.

A blind man can clearly see Mercer holding back from connecting with a right cross as Kimbo came in rushing in the start of the fight with his chin exposed. This is the same way Kimbo was drop by three Youtube bums and Seth. Or how relaxed Mercer was against the cage blocking every shot.

But great way to insult the MMA fighters who lost to Sylvia like Arvloski, Monson, Ricco and others. Or even almost lost to Sylvia in the stand up like Big Nog.

Nice response by Cain.

As much as this "hardworking mexican" persona is hammed up by the UFC, he really is a mature, down-to-earth, mild mannered guy who presents himself well and does not speak out of turn or let his ego get in front of making a fair statement.

Good representation for the sport.

Clue me in to how his persona of "hardworking mexican" can't hold any of those traits you mentioned?

I told you it was an MMA / Boxing this, which is retarded becasue they're two diffrent sports, how can you not grasp a simple concept like this.

please comprehend.

I understand. But your examples were extremely stupid. Because those sports have no relevance with each other.

MMA and Boxing does, because Boxing is part of MMA.

I understand. But your examples were extremely stupid. Because those sports have no relevance with each other.

MMA and Boxing does, because Boxing is part of MMA.

so is sprinting and football, dart and pool also have a lot of similar elements.

it doesn't matter that they are similar.

they're diffrent sports, and I used extreme examples which pretty much have NO similarities so people like yourself would understand that they're diffrent sports.

fucking hell.

Huh Toney was defending Couture's punches by moving his side to each side of Couture's abs, which is why Couture changed position and drag Toney to the cage.

I don;t what fight you are talking about.

Again, Boxers are never given the benefit of the doubt on here when it comes to MMA. It's pathetic. I rather be a realist than delusional.

Fact is it is common logic that punches are more powerful standing up because of the rotation of the body using power distributed from the legs.

And Cain is not known to be a high finisher with GnP. You have no argument dude.

LOL at your logic. Yes it helps to get your hips in the punch. But it also makes a huge different to have gravity on your side. Also being on your back makes it harder to recognize punches coming and it also eliminates the ability of people to obsorb the power. Also it is well known that what knocks most people out in boxing and MMA is the second impact. Being on you back makes it more likely to get the second impact with each punch.

Also bobbing and weaving is not good defense on the bottom. Tney had no way out. B&W was only buying him time. Once he got hit and flailed his arms and tried to roll to his belly. Just like Jimmerson in 1993 HAHAHAHA!!!!

Yeah, in an unsanctioned exhibition match which could had been choreographed by Vince McMahon without any legal consequence behind it.

A blind man can clearly see Mercer holding back from connecting with a right cross as Kimbo came in rushing in the start of the fight with his chin exposed. This is the same way Kimbo was drop by three Youtube bums and Seth. Or how relaxed Mercer was against the cage blocking every shot.

But great way to insult the MMA fighters who lost to Sylvia like Arvloski, Monson, Ricco and others. Or even almost lost to Sylvia in the stand up like Big Nog.

Sylvia's ground game has always been none existent. Everybody knows he was hand picked for a reason to fight Mercer.

Mercer or any other heavyweight boxer wouldn't have a shot in the dark against anybody who uses the ground game effectively.

Big fat Big Country would ground and pound and/or submit this guy, Furry, or Mercer. Then we can all laugh at the Boxers some more like when James Toney (who happens to be my favorite boxer all time) stepped into the cage with a veteran grappler. What the hell did he think was going to happen?

We all know he was there to collect a paycheck but still.

so is sprinting and football, dart and pool also have a lot of similar elements.

it doesn't matter that they are similar.

they're diffrent sports, and I used extreme examples which pretty much have NO similarities so people like yourself would understand that they're diffrent sports.

fucking hell.

Stop arguing with him trying to justify your stupid post. Even though MMA and Boxing are different sports, there is a ton of crossover. There is little to no crossover between the sports you mentioned. They're not "extreme examples" It's simply comparing apples to oranges.

Those guys didnt fight a 310 lb fat ass Tim Sylvia who wasnt training. Big difference. You really are coming off as a moron and then telling people "I just don;t tolerate idiocy.". HAHAHA

Back