Cain Velasquez responds to Tyson Fury challenge [VIDEO]

hall**

White Belt
Reaction score
I think the video version of Cain's response to Tyson Fury wasn't posted before, so I will post it here:

Thanks for posting. Cain's reaction is perfect I guess. The reporter really was pushing for it. It would be fun to see Velasquez take down and tko/ko Fury within a minute.

Glad to see Cain taking his title seriously and not trying to make a joke out of it. Would've been funny if he would've said that no one just gets anything handed to them....like Brock. :)

Not sure I like his response.

He should've invited him to the gym for a friendly session or something.

I understand and agree with "everybody needs to work their way up", but if I were in Cain's shoes, I'd still want to shut the guy up and make him cry.

Interviewer: "Do you want chinese or chicken for lunch?"

Cain: "Work your way up the ladder."

Interviewer: "So, like, soup or something first?"

Cain: "Work your way up the ladder. Nothing free in this world."

The only thing Cain was wrong about.....that you have to work your way up....Lesnar???

There is nothing more then I would like to see Cain bust this guy up, but the fight makes no sense IMO, its a publicity stunt more then anything.

Oh-Peter-Not-Again_o_101818.jpg

Not sure I like his response.

He should've invited him to the gym for a friendly session or something.

I understand and agree with "everybody needs to work their way up", but if I were in Cain's shoes, I'd still want to shut the guy up and make him cry.

Cain took the Alpha response path, he has nothing to prove to a guy who's not even in the sport. If all it took was to talk a lil shit and one would get to train with the UFC HW champ then I'd gladly run my mouth all day just to get a chance to have my ass beaten in the gym by him. The less Cain reacts the better, and he hardly reacted at all.

When's the last time you stopped by an ant-hill to prove your dominance? For me its been atleast 15 years :-D

The only thing Cain was wrong about.....that you have to work your way up....Lesnar???

There is nothing more then I would like to see Cain bust this guy up, but the fight makes no sense IMO, its a publicity stunt more then anything.

Lesnar had to work up a ladder.

It's just that his ladder didn't have as many rungs as everyone else.

Cain is all class. He could have easily made jabs at Lesnar for having an expedited route to a title shot or shit on Toney for immediately getting Couture, but he didn't.

boxers should respect mma.

and vice-versa. cain gave a good response. i never heard of fury either until this.

I fuckin' hate Pikeys Quote from the movie Snatch :icon_chee

Cain took the Alpha response path, he has nothing to prove to a guy who's not even in the sport. If all it took was to talk a lil shit and one would get to train with the UFC HW champ then I'd gladly run my mouth all day just to get a chance to have my ass beaten in the gym by him. The less Cain reacts the better, and he hardly reacted at all.

When's the last time you stopped by an ant-hill to prove your dominance? For me its been atleast 15 years :-D

As I stated before, I understand the concept and the mentality of the stance he took, but was a little disappointed. Having the guy come to the gym for 30 seconds to take an ass beating is far from training with the champ.

It's obvious Cain wants to put off that the guy isn't worth his time, which he isn't, even if it is for 30 seconds in the gym and not televised. However, as a fighter and a man, you know damn well he wants to beat the shit out of this guy and prevent any future challenges from the clown. I just wish he would've at least hinted at that rather than just repeat that cliche rehearsed bullshit line over and over.

boxers should respect mma.

and vice-versa. cain gave a good response. i never heard of fury either until this.

I agree. I just wish he said something like, "Randy wasn't the champion at the time he fought Toney." Just repeating "Work you way up the ladder" the whole time was kind of repetitive.

Thanks for posting. Cain's reaction is perfect I guess. The reporter really was pushing for it. It would be fun to see Velasquez take down and tko/ko Fury within a minute.

Fury would have gotten utterly humiliated

Back