"Cain Velasquez passed on submitting JDS to prove point"

Wow Blanka on your A.V

Haduuken

Haudddaken

Haduken
:eek::icon_idea:icon_lol:

Blanka is the fighter who really made me a fan of Brazilian MMA.
Blanka_Ernest.gif

IMO submission is the ultimate point of breaking someone's spirit, assuming they tap out. They had to admit defeat to themselves and tap out. Shit is my favorite, tbh.

And yet some on this forum argue quitting (like Bj or Sherk not answering the bell in the GSp and Penn fight respectively or tapping out) is not a finish because you 'quit' and were not classically finished via being knocked out by a punch or choke.

After rewatching the fight last night, Cain was too tired to go for subs. He went for one early but JDS got out. Cain being exhausted was overshadowed by how exhausted JDS was.

JDSvs.CainVelasquezEstherLinMMAFighting3_display_image.jpg

He tried(second round btw) and ended up losing position.

I just don't think he's really trained submissions very much, I guess he's trying to hype the fight but at this point a comment like that is not getting anyone else to buy the PPV

The point being what? to beat someone up for 5 rounds? to show how tough JDS is and how good his chin is?

If he really could have finished the fight, he should have. Cain could have gotten finished later in the fight and he would have eaten crow.

Exactly. Why the hell take the chance to lose from a winning position when fighting for the biggest title in the sport? Makes no sense imo. I don't believe Cain is that stupid or has that kind of ego... He simply tried to finish JDS but couldn't.

Back